Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 194

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Omega Base  (Read 285568 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion
« Reply #1635 on: December 09, 2016, 12:55:46 am »

So the GM told me that we can still join missions, but I'm not sure how I would go about it
Just pick a mission and say Ebony was totally already there and just being quiet and following the rest?
I'll airdrop you in next turn. I'll write it up all pretty so it looks like we meant to do that. But yeah:

I recommend Lost in the Dark.  Partially because there's a magic lovecraftian entity about to kill us all in the other mission, but primarily because there's two teams on our mission but only two people on that one.  They're probably lonely!
They could use some more bodies. Technically, there're four on the mission, but only two and a half of them post at all. Up to you though, I remember your reservations about joining the smaller mission.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1636 on: December 09, 2016, 04:46:51 pm »

so which one you going to, Twinwolf?

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #1637 on: December 09, 2016, 04:51:40 pm »

((Sorry for not responding, had to go to school basically right after I got up))

Uh... what *are* the missions, besides "One with two teams one with two people"
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1638 on: December 10, 2016, 02:18:00 pm »

One is a retrieval/combat mission. This one has the Leaders a little worked up for some reason. a palpable tension is in the air when it is presented. The target is something called "the Heart of Lathal." The location is a derelict mechano-complex. It is vast, sprawling, three dimensional, and quite possibly haunted. Oh, and there are sure to be squatters, scavengers, and mechapirates.

The second is an exploration. Some Underdwarves have opened a previously unseen (at least, by them) cavern complex. And then they disappeared. This is disturbing to the Cavern Elves, and they have contracted with Omega for an exploration team to have a peek. it'll be deep, dark, and mysterious. And also possibly haunted. Oh, and if you happen to stumble on the missing Underdwarves, present them with the bill for the expedition.

The former mission has two teams, latter has two people.  The former is also already encountering an enemy, that enemy being a massive lovecraftian monster that we have little hope against in a direct fight.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1639 on: December 10, 2016, 02:36:16 pm »

One is a retrieval/combat mission. This one has the Leaders a little worked up for some reason. a palpable tension is in the air when it is presented. The target is something called "the Heart of Lathal." The location is a derelict mechano-complex. It is vast, sprawling, three dimensional, and quite possibly haunted. Oh, and there are sure to be squatters, scavengers, and mechapirates.

The second is an exploration. Some Underdwarves have opened a previously unseen (at least, by them) cavern complex. And then they disappeared. This is disturbing to the Cavern Elves, and they have contracted with Omega for an exploration team to have a peek. it'll be deep, dark, and mysterious. And also possibly haunted. Oh, and if you happen to stumble on the missing Underdwarves, present them with the bill for the expedition.

The former mission has two teams, latter has two people.  The former is also already encountering an enemy, that enemy being a massive lovecraftian monster that we have little hope against in a direct fight.
Y'all might want to gather your shit and relocate camp. This one looks rather tenuous at best.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1640 on: December 10, 2016, 07:58:07 pm »

((Sorry for not responding, had to go to school basically right after I got up))

Uh... what *are* the missions, besides "One with two teams one with two people"
Mission: Lost in the Dark - is a search and rescue mission for a team of lost dwarven miners. Items have been given to aid in reaching their last known location, and supplies to allow the expidition to last long enough to realistically find them. This mission is low-manpower by design.

Mission: Mechanical Despair - is a competative hunt for an artifact of some kind in a run-down machanical complex inhabbited by mechanoids. there is an opfor also hunting for the item. This is the larger mission, and the one I'm on, with two separate teams working together to achieve the same objective. first contact with mechanoids is being made at this time, determination of hostility has not yet been made, though many team members are preparing for combat just in case.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1641 on: December 10, 2016, 10:54:34 pm »

I don't actually recall any mention of an Opfor. I also don't happen to remember any proper mission briefing, or a description of the item we're looking for besides it's name. Did I miss something here?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1642 on: December 10, 2016, 11:46:52 pm »

My memory says you did, but a re-read says you didn't.
*checks PMs*
nope, I didn't get any extra info on this one.
I guess I'm delusional?
I vaguely remember there being an Opfor, and bad implications of what could happen if someone else got the item that is our objective.
But I can't find the source, so...
It's always annoying when my memory does this.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2016, 11:48:31 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1643 on: December 10, 2016, 11:56:53 pm »

Okay, First things first. Here's what I got for missions:

Not sure if you found this in your re-read, but that's as close to a briefing as I can find. Note that the Target is described as a "something". :P
Given the second sentence there, I had kinda just assumed that the lack of briefing was down to the officers being secretive bastards.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1644 on: December 11, 2016, 12:43:46 am »

hhhhuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhnnnnngggggg.

I think it was because people wanted to get on with the show, or at least that's how I felt at mission start. You guys want a more proper briefing? I can retcon one in.
Though, the "secretive bastards" part might stick a bit.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1645 on: December 11, 2016, 02:03:14 am »

I also thought that maybe the Brass just wanted to kill us off for some arcane reason, hence the drop onto a slope and sending us with carts to places where carts clearly aren't meant to go.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1646 on: December 11, 2016, 02:19:18 am »

I also thought that maybe the Brass just wanted to kill us off for some arcane reason, hence the drop onto a slope and sending us with carts to places where carts clearly aren't meant to go.
what if it turns out that the carts can fly and the person who was meant to teach us just got delayed.
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1647 on: December 11, 2016, 02:04:53 pm »

Well, your one character with gen know -2 has been the only one to really inspect those carts so far. you're lucky that didn't kill someone, all things considered. Of course Aylia tried to inspect the cart, but she was a tad otherwise occupied at that particular moment, so no one could fault her for missing a few details.

That's true of the cart sent to the caverns too.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #1648 on: December 11, 2016, 04:00:55 pm »

I think I'll join the larger mission, since it's less important if I can't respond due to school when there's more people
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1649 on: December 11, 2016, 05:41:58 pm »

Alright. Go ahead and post in that thread. Here's your situation. Tehre are two carts in a big abandoned warehouse-like room. the room is full of rubble and there's a giant, like reeeeeally big, like gargantuan monster outside, floating in spaaaaaaaaaace. space full of air. Well, you are in the functional cart to the south of the room. said cart is tied down. Both the carts have wheels, but they also have alternative methods of locomotion. Feel free to unty the cart and fiddle with the controls, or read the manual, or just gtfo.

North: don't go that way. rocks fall, everything north dies.
West: Don't go that way. There be dragons, and spaaaaaaaaaaaace.
South: Aylia went south. It's not much better south than where you are currently.
East:Trier made a forest of Crystal Cancer in the room to the east. you can try to run through it, or maybe take your cart south one and then east. About half the rest of the team went east too. The rest are standing around in a cluster by the cart, watching the world get eaten.

Here's something you should know: this cart has half of the original supplies for this mission in it. the other cart had half as well, but is currently on it's side, with shit scattered everywhere. about half is salvageable. Maybe a third will be, if someone figures out how to get that thing up and moving.
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 194