Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 194

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Omega Base  (Read 285476 times)

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion
« Reply #870 on: May 13, 2016, 08:25:37 pm »

Maybe it's because I don't touch the df board much since I can't do much there.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: May 13, 2016, 08:26:37 pm »

...Nnnno.

Look at my post breakdown, it's not very much on the DF boards.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: May 13, 2016, 08:29:40 pm »

It's all in those nutshell threads and similar right?

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: May 13, 2016, 08:31:51 pm »

It's all over.  But mostly FG&RP.

We should not be cluttering this thread with postcount discussion.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: May 13, 2016, 09:06:25 pm »

I... honestly can't say GWG was a person most would enjoy interacting with, at least towards the end of his stay here.  He was banned for a reason--he'd get into truly massive arguments over the littlest of things.  Basically, if anyone ever disagreed with him about anything, he'd argue about it until they gave up.  Most people learned to just ignore his little rebuttals, but others, well...

What made it fun was that he was completely incapable of giving up, regardless of how much his partner was trolling him.  My fondest memory of GWG was when we had a disagreement over whether or not an elevator door in ER should be opened, because Lars had gotten a "bad feeling".  Me and GWG argued about this for a week after the door in question had been opened, and the thing behind it dealt with.  Some of the behemoth posts in that argument took literal hours to write.

I remember him asking me outright if I was trolling him in the middle of all that, and I said yes.  He basically went "Oh." and just kept on chugging.  It was amazing.

...Yes, I am a terrible person in some ways.  GWG was an acceptable target though, which is the primary reason I miss him.

EDIT: Also, damn, people, I've been on this forum since 2010 and I'm the very last entry on the 19th page.  Don't you guys have better things to do?   :o

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: May 13, 2016, 09:07:50 pm »

He sounds like me when I'm fired up.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: May 13, 2016, 09:11:11 pm »

@syv:Sounds...Too close for comfort :v
Sigtext

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: May 13, 2016, 09:18:46 pm »

@syv:Sounds...Too close for comfort :v
At least you'll eventually accept logic. Your bad habit instead is arguing with the GMs and trying to use real world logic to justify stuff in a game.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: May 13, 2016, 09:19:57 pm »

To be fair, they bring in real world logic too.  At least sometimes.
Sigtext

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: May 13, 2016, 09:21:39 pm »

Yes. But you tend to use it to justify unreasonable things.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: May 14, 2016, 07:34:08 am »

Don't worry about cluttering this thread. it isn't being used much at the moment anyway :P ... besides ... I want to say something too :/

He sounds like me when I'm fired up.
Hell no. The reason I jokingly considered syv's comment about him to be a threat is because, as he said: a) he argued literally everything, sometimes well, and sometimes shit poorly, and b) he never ever stopped until he had the last word. Ever. he made far more things unfun than he made fun, IMO, and he could not distinguish between them. He was warned several times, according to The Toady himself, and is the primary reason I waited as long as I did to join ER.

You, on the other hand, I have witnessed actually back down from several things, including aspects of your own character, when sufficiently challenged on them. You may burn hot, but you actually settle down and move on.

I sometimes agreed with GWG, and respect people's appreciation of him, in threads they wanted him in, but I would not welcome him into this game, frankly. Not because he isn't a deceent enough guy or anything, but because I would have very little patience for his posting and would probably have to ask Toady to remove him at some point, so that the game could move forward in a way enjoyable to most others.

That said, I am open to feedback on how the game is going for everyone, and ways to improve the overall experience. I'll do my best, and can shake things up for fun and profit.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: May 14, 2016, 10:40:07 am »

Eh yeah that sounds accurate I'm a very chill person so I don't get fired up much and I don't really get angry I think the last time I felt anger was like...the start of the year?

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: May 14, 2016, 10:45:40 am »

Official character sheet!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The updated sheet

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: May 14, 2016, 01:47:33 pm »

Yeah, nobody I know on B12 is anywhere near as bad as GWG got.    Maybe a couple of people in the US election thread start getting up there, but certainly nobody who I've seen in Einsteinian Roulette.

Ozark, I think you've been doing a great job.  The plant collecting challenge wasn't a great idea, but it also wasn't terrible.  As for the merc mission... I think it's been handled well, but I guess there's flaws with it, considering the fairly decent dropout rate.  Other merc thread people would probably have a better idea of why that is than I.

Oh, and I'm pretty sure this has been stated a multitude of times before, but I love how open you are to the variety of characters.  I mean, you even let me play an evil enchanted knife which mind controls people.  It hasn't gone well, but you tried it.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: May 14, 2016, 01:51:10 pm »

Yeah your a great GM and I like this game so far....I was expecting my first character that I lost would be Abigail honestly not in this game.
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 194