Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 194

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Omega Base  (Read 285567 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion
« Reply #765 on: March 11, 2016, 09:21:26 pm »

One to fine tune messing with memories. One to make mortals more suggestible, and one to immobilize or at least inconvenience mortals.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: March 11, 2016, 09:32:06 pm »

snag a belted leather loincloth with a nice satchel to store things in, and maybe some sort of non-weapon sorcery focus.
Preferably a mineral based focus rather than a talisman or symbol.

after that im ready to join ye olde murderquest.

ya missed my loot snagging.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: March 11, 2016, 09:39:08 pm »

could I get some cord? Preferably one made from sinnu or intestine or a string of similar qualities when dried and spun into rope? I may use them to build a make shift bow when we are at the location.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: March 11, 2016, 11:20:19 pm »

Requisition a broadsword, and some armor.

What kind of spells can necromancy cast in this? What spells do I know?

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: March 12, 2016, 03:10:22 am »

Request a bastard sword and toughest gauntlets they can give. Also, there are these gems - could one be tuned to be a minor, but permanent booster of bearer's magical abilities? I could use some raw magic input to power up, I think.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 03:39:09 am by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: March 12, 2016, 06:02:27 am »

There are a variety of smallish things you could use. be more specific, as the particular type of thing will affect the castings in particular ways.

Do ho, new information. Could you expand a bit on this? Like how will different things affect the casting?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: March 12, 2016, 06:18:45 am »

"How do we tell if the guests are telling the truth about who they are? Do we get a full guest list? I mean, if we ask any old magical rando if they're invited, odds are they're gonna say 'yes'. I sure would if I was crashing a thing like this."

"Also, can we get some of that old black magic to take along? Don't suppose a metal man would be well-disposed to a good kick, so maybe a bit of magic thermite? Got any blizzards in a jar for any cheeky fire people? Or at least a good, sturdy magic blanket? Ooh, or a bag of holding? Bag of holding would be amazing for a quiet grab, methinks."

"Oh wait, what about a humanoid made of wood? Like some kind of living mannequin. Do we mess with that? Might be a construct? Or a clay man - that's dirt, right?"

Continue being where I gotta be, but also ask questions.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 06:23:40 am by Harry Baldman »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: March 12, 2016, 10:27:07 am »

((Darn it, missed a set of rapid updates. Oh well, was utterly exhausted yesterday, was worth the rest. now to try to find things addressed to me that I missed))
Aylia can read elvish and some sylvan, but not common.
Guest list and area map or layout description?
Formality of clothing?
« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 12:17:45 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: March 12, 2016, 11:09:19 am »

Dar'yajira doesn't want his collar removed if it would mar his fur.  I suppose he's ready for the mission now.

Dar'yajira watches, wide-eyed, as Reggie shifts form in front of him.  "It can change form?!  It is druid?"

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: March 12, 2016, 12:23:47 pm »

Dar'yajira watches, wide-eyed, as Reggie shifts form in front of him.  "It can change form?!  It is druid?"
"Reggie and I are both shapechangers and neither of us are druids."
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: March 12, 2016, 12:35:10 pm »

And I change differently then Aylia too I don't quite....understand how different though.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: March 12, 2016, 01:03:49 pm »

Okay try to focus relax deep breath think of Aylia turn into her it dosent have to be perfect but as long as they look related it should be good.
You manage to get a pretty reasonable likeness to Aylia. You could be cousins, or maybe half sisters.

One to fine tune messing with memories. One to make mortals more suggestible, and one to immobilize or at least inconvenience mortals.
Okay. Gotten. Someone else in the team specify that you will be carrying these, please.

snag a belted leather loincloth with a nice satchel to store things in, and maybe some sort of non-weapon sorcery focus.
Preferably a mineral based focus rather than a talisman or symbol.

after that im ready to join ye olde murderquest.

ya missed my loot snagging.
Sorry. I missed a lot of things the last two days. too much hurrying. Belt, satchel, and amber geode gotten.

could I get some cord? Preferably one made from sinnu or intestine or a string of similar qualities when dried and spun into rope? I may use them to build a make shift bow when we are at the location.
do you have bowyer as a specialization?

Requisition a broadsword, and some armor.

What kind of spells can necromancy cast in this? What spells do I know?
Necromancy can do all sorts of things - from making undead, to speaking with the dead, to astral projection, to controlling undead.
You don't have spells per se. You can communicate with recently dead, and can revive corpses enough for minor interactions. You can, given a live body, turn it into a zombie through bite. the transformation takes a full day, and is not always successful.

You get a broadsword, and leather shirt, pants and boots, all old and clearly used, but serviceable.

Request a bastard sword and toughest gauntlets they can give. Also, there are these gems - could one be tuned to be a minor, but permanent booster of bearer's magical abilities? I could use some raw magic input to power up, I think.
You have telekinesis and lightning. hmm.
"What do you take us for? The Sisters of Charity and Destruction? We don't hand out permanent power boosts to just anyone, mate."
you get your bastard sword and a pair of ring mail gauntlets.

There are a variety of smallish things you could use. be more specific, as the particular type of thing will affect the castings in particular ways.

Do ho, new information. Could you expand a bit on this? Like how will different things affect the casting?
I knew this was coming. Why didn't i just explain last turn?
let's see:
a metronome would provide a staccato boost. not good for continuous or power increasing effects, but good for a series of rapid effects, like minor explosions or stones flying about
a music box would be good for bringing things into harmony and flow
a clock would be good for making order, creating a sort of controlled environment, and some other such. but clocks are expensive.
a toy where you pull a string to make a top spin would be good to enhance a directional attack or to make little whirlwinds or something.
I'm sure there are others. A transforming toy like Reggie's for example. Also, if you can justify an effect being connected to a device, that helps. Magic is weird.

"How do we tell if the guests are telling the truth about who they are? Do we get a full guest list? I mean, if we ask any old magical rando if they're invited, odds are they're gonna say 'yes'. I sure would if I was crashing a thing like this."

"Also, can we get some of that old black magic to take along? Don't suppose a metal man would be well-disposed to a good kick, so maybe a bit of magic thermite? Got any blizzards in a jar for any cheeky fire people? Or at least a good, sturdy magic blanket? Ooh, or a bag of holding? Bag of holding would be amazing for a quiet grab, methinks."

"Oh wait, what about a humanoid made of wood? Like some kind of living mannequin. Do we mess with that? Might be a construct? Or a clay man - that's dirt, right?"

Continue being where I gotta be, but also ask questions.
"Elementals do not make lists. unless they are clockwork elementals, and those won't be attending. Rather, elementals tend to rely on interrelatiosnhips. As such, an unwelcome guest may be admitted due to connection with others in the group, but watched carefully. Or they may be guaranteed by another guest, such that their behavior reflects on their host. You will take your cues from the head organizers, in terms of who is and who is not to be handled by yourselves. Yo uwill have to exercise some initiative - the Eye's farscrying should help you determine the validity of a guest you are unsure of - like the clay man you mentioned. A clayman could be an elemental or a construct. The Eye will be able to tell the difference. If it is made of wood, it is not your responsibility, construct or not. If one of those gets in, you will have a show. It'll be fun, I promise" He grins, and it makes you a tad uncomfortable. "as for your item requests .. .what do you take us for? the Daughters of Chaos and Agony? We don't give out weapons of war to just any one for fun. hmm, we can get you a few magical blankets for snatch and contain. they should be useful against most of what you'll encounter."

((Darn it, missed a set of rapid updates. Oh well, was utterly exhausted yesterday, was worth the rest. now to try to find things addressed to me that I missed))
Aylia can read elvish and some sylvan, but not common.
Guest list and area map or layout description?
Formality of clothing?

((it was mostly individual stuff ,so I figured it'd be okay. I'll be returning to regular update schedules Monday))
the gnomes take the comm devices from you, and fiddle for a minute. then they had them back and point out several symbols on the interface- each in the alphabet of a different language. You press the Elvish rune, and the interface reads in that language. Eahc interface can read in a different language, so if you spread those comms out, the other teammates can read in their own language if they read at all. better ask.

No guest list. you'll get a sense of what's expected when you are there. "You'll be early enough to create a map before the festivities really get rolling. that's what the Eye is for."
"...
Clothing? Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahah.
eheh heh. heh. oh boy. Oh ... I'm sorry, miss. I just .. with your heritage ... I'm sorry I didn't mean to embarrass you.

No, some of the principals do not even have a concept of clothing. Symbols might be important though, so don't go brandishing torches or waving the Flag of the titans around or whatnot. that would be offensive. also ... You all better check for iron equipment. While that could be useful at times, you really do not want to enter any of the important events or areas wearing it. that would be a big slip in the face to some of your hosts. .. We'll provide you a couple storage chests and wraps to keep your iron items safely and respectfully muted."

Dar'yajira doesn't want his collar removed if it would mar his fur.  I suppose he's ready for the mission now.

Nice try though.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: March 12, 2016, 01:04:37 pm »

The cat turns to look at Aylia.  "It can shift too?  That must be why it smells of cat..." He shakes his head, and sighs dejectedly "Dar'yajira thought only druids could shift.  This one's hopes were up."

(ninjagm)

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: March 12, 2016, 01:13:27 pm »

Reggie looks at himself casually in the shiny metal.
I think I did a better job this looks  much better but yeah.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: March 12, 2016, 01:16:25 pm »

"Would this unit's composition be expected to cause problems?  It contains iron."
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 194