Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarven Capital run by Goblins?  (Read 1515 times)

Vastin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dwarven Capital run by Goblins?
« on: December 17, 2015, 09:29:39 pm »

So, the Liaison from the dwarven capital in my game appears to be a goblin.
Likewise when I examine the list of nobles, the General is a goblin, as is one of the Baronesses...

I'm just going to guess that either this is a bug, or the Dwarven capital in my world has been conquered by goblins?

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarven Capital run by Goblins?
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2015, 09:35:13 pm »

Most likely.

As a side question, if it is your first year in your fortress or roughly in approximation to how far you are away from the nearest goblin settlement, have you received any goblin caravans in winter? If not (and if they arrive in a timely fashion) stock up some small supplies to buy them out for cheap menial goods (goblins don't trade very much)

TomIrony

• Bay Watcher
  • Blood, Stone and Ash
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2015, 09:41:22 pm »

I had a goblin soldier petition to be in my fort and now he's in my military, training with my soldiers. I even made him custom armor! So I don't think it's a bug.
Quote from: KodKod
Quote from: enizer
"unit list other: 248, all kobolds"
"Hunt them for sport.

The Least Dangerous Game."

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2015, 09:49:26 pm »

They're goblins loving on a dwarf civilization.
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2015, 10:54:25 pm »

Since dwarves don't go in for genocide, sites taken over by their armies retain a lot of the original citizens who then integrate into society.

Since goblins live forever, and are no longer being randomly murdered, they not only vastly outnumber dwarves after a while, but also have hundreds of years to build the social skills and network required to enter the nobility. Thus, goblin kings, goblin diplomats and so on.

Adventurer goblins (barring mods) are not from the dark fortress, but regular members of dwarf/human/elf society.

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2015, 11:21:26 pm »

Thank you, I'd have said that but I'm on a phone.  :(
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

KtosoX

• Bay Watcher
  • Playing DF since 18.08.2010
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2015, 08:54:09 am »

If you find the proportion of goblins to other sentient beings too high, there is a simple fix for that. Add a MAXAGE tag to the goblin raw and regenerate.
Build a grid of floor grates above the entire city. Draft a squadron of masons and bomb the crap out of the city with falling constructed walls.
The Geneva Convention would like to have a word with you.
Quote from: Aleksanderus
I have clicked "d" in a forge and look what it did!