Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Removing hunger and thirst for adventurers only?  (Read 707 times)

Geltor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Removing hunger and thirst for adventurers only?
« on: December 16, 2015, 05:57:49 pm »

Can this be done? Taking care of these needs are easy yet very tedious and I'd like to do without. I want to avoid adding tokens like [NO_EAT] to creatures because that will affect fortress mode. Becoming a vampire/necromancer/husk is also unwanted.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2015, 06:18:15 pm by Geltor »

thedonkified

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Removing hunger and thirst for adventurers only?
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2015, 10:51:04 pm »

Maybe you can make a custom interaction or reaction that would not normally happen in worldgen or in fortress mode.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2015, 12:47:19 am »

Two options:

1. Make an edible plant that adds NO_EAT and NO_DRINK when eaten, then make an adventure only reaction to produce that plant.  This is best if you want it to be accessible to all adventurers.

2. Make an interaction with the target SELF_ONLY and the usage hint ATTACK.  The AI will never attack itself, so only adventurers can use it.  This is best if you want it to only be accessible to certain races.

Geltor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2015, 06:33:10 pm »

2. Make an interaction with the target SELF_ONLY and the usage hint ATTACK.  The AI will never attack itself, so only adventurers can use it.  This is best if you want it to only be accessible to certain races.
ive never modded before. will it be asking too much if you told me what to i edit and where? ive done the 1st option with the plant, but i want to do this instead.. i just want it to be as seamless as possible
« Last Edit: December 25, 2015, 06:38:09 pm by Geltor »

sirvente

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2015, 11:35:43 pm »

A caste or castes with ridiculously low frequencies would probably be just the bunny though it's a bit clumsy