Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: I have discovered something useful!  (Read 4978 times)

quekwoambojish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I have discovered something useful!
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2015, 03:22:15 pm »

Ahhhhhhhh!! Very good find!

It's really frustrating how these options aren't clearly visible...

nekoexmachina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2015, 03:25:19 pm »

No NJ, that was not dfhack. Which is precicely the point. Dwarf fortress has vein auto-mining and priorities. And designating with priorities. Press a to change mode between designating all, gems, ores or gems and automining.
Whenever i read the "doesn't care about anything anymore" line, i instantly imagine a dwarf, sitting alone on a swing set. Just slowly rocking back and forth, somberly staring at the ground, and stopping every once in a while to sigh.
It's mildly depressing.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2015, 03:33:01 pm »

No NJ, that was not dfhack. Which is precicely the point. Dwarf fortress has vein auto-mining and priorities. And designating with priorities. Press a to change mode between designating all, gems, ores or gems and automining.
That's actually been there since 0.40.

Also, I can't figure out how to do the thing in the OP. Does it not work for magma forges?

KtosoX

• Bay Watcher
  • Playing DF since 18.08.2010
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2015, 03:45:10 pm »

Great find my friend! I'm gona sig it if you don't mind :)
Build a grid of floor grates above the entire city. Draft a squadron of masons and bomb the crap out of the city with falling constructed walls.
The Geneva Convention would like to have a word with you.
Quote from: Aleksanderus
I have clicked "d" in a forge and look what it did!

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2015, 04:01:49 pm »

good find
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Darkwood71

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2015, 04:08:23 pm »

All I can  say is...

I saw this on a let's play, but I was sure it was DFHack. This is amazing! Thank Armok! And, thank you Neko for pointing this out.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2015, 04:09:24 pm »

IF YOU HIT E IN THE ZONE MENU

THEN

YOU CAN MAKE NON-SQUARE ZONES

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2015, 04:12:44 pm »

Been there since I played, not a new version feature, as has been said.

Wait, did I miss sarcasm there?
One wheel short of a wagon

nekoexmachina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2015, 04:14:49 pm »

Been there since I played, not a new version feature, as has been said.
Didn't ever see it before, tho didn't play .40 more then couple of days. Most of my games were .28 and .34. :)
Whenever i read the "doesn't care about anything anymore" line, i instantly imagine a dwarf, sitting alone on a swing set. Just slowly rocking back and forth, somberly staring at the ground, and stopping every once in a while to sigh.
It's mildly depressing.

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2015, 04:51:27 pm »

That's actually been there since 0.40.

Also, I can't figure out how to do the thing in the OP. Does it not work for magma forges?

The job has to be in the workshop list, then you can change the size. It seems you can't make "30 large iron breastplates" (yet).
Also, while you are at it, you can press f after the d to filter the list.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2015, 05:08:00 pm by Rince Wind »

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2015, 05:01:17 pm »

It also works on the clothier's workshop

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

joeclark77

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2015, 07:54:55 pm »

great find! that's awesome.  This means I can much more easily hire human mercenaries since I can make armor that actually fits them.  I've been rejecting the human mercenary visitors in favor of goblins since they seemed to be able to wear dwarf-sized armor.  The goblins mercs are so problematic though, always starting fights in the tavern and knocking each other's teeth out.
Is it possible to actually command the mercenary guests?  What do you do... assign them to squads?

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2015, 08:02:19 pm »

I saw this on a let's play, but I was sure it was DFHack. This is amazing! Thank Armok! And, thank you Neko for pointing this out.
The one you are forgetting to thank is Toady one the great!
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

nomad_delta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2015, 08:11:45 pm »

great find! that's awesome.  This means I can much more easily hire human mercenaries since I can make armor that actually fits them.  I've been rejecting the human mercenary visitors in favor of goblins since they seemed to be able to wear dwarf-sized armor.  The goblins mercs are so problematic though, always starting fights in the tavern and knocking each other's teeth out.
Is it possible to actually command the mercenary guests?  What do you do... assign them to squads?

You can't command the ones that are just visiting, but visitors will sometimes Petition to join your fortress as long as you have rooms available for rent at your tavern.  Then they'll be a "long term resident", at which point you can assign them to a squad the same way you'd assign a citizen dwarf.  You can assign them armor and weapons the same way, and they'll follow squad schedules, training, and orders along with the squad as normal.  It's kind of awesome. :D

--nomad_delta

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2015, 08:41:50 pm »

Human lashers ftw.

Pages: 1 [2] 3