Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 65

Author Topic: Bring Your Own Song - Game Over! SK Victory!  (Read 73001 times)

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
Re: Bring Your Own Song - Day 3: the story of the mafia and town [9/16]
« Reply #720 on: January 11, 2016, 09:43:20 pm »

Does the mark do anything, and if so what?
No. Nothing at all. I suspected it to be a filler ability - all roles, perhaps, have to have a night ability - and he didn't want to give me anything that good after the Stronger + Roar combo.

"Prevents people from for the rest of the day."
From what?
Oops.. didn't finish the sentence: It prevents people from voting for me for the rest of the day.
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: January 11, 2016, 09:44:18 pm »

Or it has some other ability with someone else...
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: January 11, 2016, 09:47:11 pm »

It could.. but how does me not finishing the sentence make it anymore likely?
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: January 11, 2016, 09:54:51 pm »

I was referring to the mark.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: January 11, 2016, 09:55:25 pm »

So, Tomasque...
Why would you do that?
So later if it ever came to point where I'd have to roleclaim, I could claim my role and say: See! I claimed it day 2!
or if you're referring as to why I revealed that now: I did it because I felt that just saying "it must have been something suspicious I did" wouldn't cut it, so I said what I believed: It might have been something else suspicious, but it could have been that.
Yeah Tomasque that strikes me as a really untown thing to do, claim your full role and win conditions now.
  My role is The Lady and the Tiger (by They Might Be Giants).
 I am a survivor, and win if I'm alive when the game ends.

I have a one-shot auto ability called Stronger which revives me after death (I do not roleflip).
I have a one shot night ability called Laserbeams which kills me, makes all actions targeting me that night fail, and marks all those that targeted me.
I have a night ability called slash which marks my target (yes, it was me who did the marking. I used it on fillipk and TheDarkStar to get them active again, and my action failed on TheDarkStar).
Lastly, once I am killed and revived, I gain the day ability Roar, which prevents people from for the rest of the day.

If you're wondering why I tried to act town - and tried to get inactive players to post, its because my alternatives were a) attempting to align with the scum team (both impossible and suicidal), or b) sit around like a sack of potatoes waiting for the game to end.]

Ninja'd: I caught that invisitext there, FoU.

Ok, I guess this makes sense. Unvote Tomasque OSG's vote still makes you look really suspicious.

I have no idea why your action would fail on me, but I suspect that someone else blocked you.

Another question: Why would OSG be able to vote at this point? It wasn't in his roleflip or the roleflip of another dead player - could it have been a power he had that remained hidden?

It could.. but how does me not finishing the sentence make it anymore likely?

It doesn't, but I suspect something along the lines of TBF - Mark is probably a power that allows someone with a complementary power to act on the marked target (although there's no way to know what it does until it gets used).
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: January 11, 2016, 10:06:28 pm »

OSG is Space Oddity, which DOES have a single vote that can change targets once.  After death.
Sigtext

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: January 11, 2016, 10:07:21 pm »

@TDS
 Actually, his ability does allow him to move his vote.

(a) The Spaceship Knows Which Way to Go: The day after you die, you can place one vote.  This vote can only be moved once after initial placement.  Aside from this and the bah post, you do not get to talk in thread after death.

TDS, TBF, fillipk: I know that OSG's vote might seem like a good indication of my scumminess, but that's just because he isn't there to explain it, and so you immediately regard it as absolute. Remember that the can move his vote once after it's placed, and that he probably placed his vote with that in mind. However, this vote might have an entirely different meaning in your mind. Tell me, why do you think OSG voted me?

ninja'd
Money!

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: January 11, 2016, 11:06:50 pm »

He read the transparent text and wanted an explanation for why a pro town player would hide information from the town, and I agree with him it is a really scummy move, definitely worthy of the vote, however your abilities fit a survivor so I'm inclined to believe you, just help town out.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: January 11, 2016, 11:15:42 pm »

H4zardZ1
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: January 11, 2016, 11:19:10 pm »

Huh.
Sigtext

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: January 11, 2016, 11:20:35 pm »

Ok, so it looks like OSG believes Tomasque, or he at least believes Tomasque enough that he thinks H4zardZ1 is scummier.

H4zardZ1, what do you have to say about this?

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: January 11, 2016, 11:23:14 pm »

OSG's vote is now locked in place.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: January 11, 2016, 11:27:17 pm »

@TDS
 Actually, his ability does allow him to move his vote.

Right, I missed that.

TDS, TBF, fillipk: I know that OSG's vote might seem like a good indication of my scumminess, but that's just because he isn't there to explain it, and so you immediately regard it as absolute. Remember that the can move his vote once after it's placed, and that he probably placed his vote with that in mind. However, this vote might have an entirely different meaning in your mind. Tell me, why do you think OSG voted me?

ninja'd

I think he voted for you because he thought you were scummy and to see how you and everyone else would react. I think he stopped voting for you because he felt that you had become less scummy than H4zardZ1.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: January 11, 2016, 11:28:46 pm »

OSG's vote is now locked in place.
And now he can't.
Sigtext

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: January 11, 2016, 11:33:13 pm »

TBF do you think hazard is scummy?  If not him then who do you view as the scummiest person in this game?

Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 65