Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 65

Author Topic: Bring Your Own Song - Game Over! SK Victory!  (Read 72970 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Bring Your Own Song - Day 2: Family Resemblance [13/16]
« Reply #525 on: January 06, 2016, 09:46:55 pm »

For ME and Tomasque, or for FoU and Tomasque?  I don't know his song.

I want you to tell me what powers FoU has, from his song.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: January 06, 2016, 09:48:45 pm »

I don't know his song.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: January 06, 2016, 09:49:13 pm »

Well that's well enough.

Shop Vac, by Johnathan Coulton.

Do you have a power that targets based on that or something?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: January 06, 2016, 09:49:28 pm »

Well, the idea of the Shop Vac is sucking things up. That would most likely be FoU's "jailkeeper" ability. His immunity to redirects could be the constant mentioning of moving around in the song, or the fact that he always stay in the basement (yes, I know they contradict each other, but take that up with the song, not me). His last claimed ability was a bit vague, so I really can't pinpoint what it could be - all he said was that it's a bit "protective" of him.
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: January 06, 2016, 09:51:26 pm »

It could be that but seriously, I'm not that interested in the necessary legwork to confirm or bust.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: January 06, 2016, 09:52:15 pm »

Well, the idea of the Shop Vac is sucking things up. That would most likely be FoU's "jailkeeper" ability. His immunity to redirects could be the constant mentioning of moving around in the song, or the fact that he always stay in the basement (yes, I know they contradict each other, but take that up with the song, not me). His last claimed ability was a bit vague, so I really can't pinpoint what it could be - all he said was that it's a bit "protective" of him.

Exactly. You can't figure out anything that he hasn't already told you.

Even if you were able to figure out what powers he had, how does that help you find scum?

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: January 06, 2016, 09:55:04 pm »

It doesn't.  But it makes me wonder why you're bothering to mount an assault on the tactic to begin with if it is, in fact, as pointless for everybody as it is here.

What's your song, hector?
Sigtext

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: January 06, 2016, 09:56:05 pm »

It doesn't.  But it makes me wonder why you're bothering to mount an assault on the tactic to begin with if it is, in fact, as pointless for everybody as it is here.

What's your song, hector?

You don't want to find scum then? You like to drop yourself in it from time to time, don't you?

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: January 06, 2016, 10:00:49 pm »

No, that was me having a suspicion that your song is more revealing that perhaps FoU's.
Sigtext

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: January 06, 2016, 10:01:02 pm »

I was asking him to back up what he claimed his powers were with a song, not to give me his song so I could deduce the rest of his powers. My reasoning was that he could be a mafia making up his abilities at the spur of the moment to see like a townie - especially if they were town-like abilities such as jailkeeper. My main goal wasn't even to comb through his song for confirmation, it was to see how he'd react to the request.

FoU: While were discussing your jailkeeper ability, you said that it RB's and protects, but you didn't say what things it protects against: all actions, actions by maf, etc. Most jailkeep abilities prevent all actions. I assume that's what yours does, right?

>:( ninjas!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: January 06, 2016, 10:02:59 pm »

No, that was me having a suspicion that your song is more revealing that perhaps FoU's.

It bothers me that you two are trying to figure out people's role rather than their alignment. Why is that?

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: January 06, 2016, 10:06:59 pm »

I was just trying to see if he could back up his rather large claim. If he couldn't, I'd assume he was a scum trying to fit in. I was scumhunting, but it was a multi-step plan. Also, I do find it kind of suspicious that he is asking that, especially once Jack said that song choice doesn't affect your alignment.
Money!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: January 06, 2016, 10:08:10 pm »

What?
No, I was suspicious that your song might, you know, be about dead-ing people or something.

Wait, it doesn't?

Whoops.
Sigtext

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: January 06, 2016, 10:09:53 pm »

What?
No, I was suspicious that your song might, you know, be about dead-ing people or something.

Wait, it doesn't?

Whoops.

And so what if it is? Does that tell you if I'm scum or not?

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: January 06, 2016, 10:10:13 pm »

i think this conversation about songs and attempted role fishing/backing up claims is scummy and I think hector is correct.  It looks like rolefishing and I know for a fact a couple of my abilities are a stretch for my song, or based on something that happened to Jack related to the song.

Unvote

TBF he isn't mounting an assualt against the tatic he is asking what you hoped to gain from the tatic and how it helps us find scum, which you have been really hesitant to do both in day 1 and during this day.

~~~~~~~~~~

NINJAS!!!!!!!

Oh and Tomasque, you were scum hunting but kind of misguided I could claim my whole role truthfully and it would tell you nothing about my alignment, it's a BYOR not a game with all the roles listed out like a BM or a classic set up.

Same to you TBF
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 65