Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 109

Author Topic: Dark Souls Emblem OOC: Praisin' ain't easy  (Read 98824 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Souls Emblem OOC
« Reply #1335 on: March 11, 2017, 05:14:26 pm »

Yeah, Iron Bow is recurve.

So one Iron Axe and one Iron Bow... that leaves 500 souls to work with.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2017, 05:16:13 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: March 11, 2017, 05:32:40 pm »

And a sword, I need a sword. Also we should repair what we can.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: March 11, 2017, 05:36:26 pm »

Wish we knew how much it costs to repair stuff. :X Anyway a sword is 100 I think, so... 300 left. We might need another Heal staff too. Let's see.

90 Iron Axe
100 Iron Bow
100 Iron Sword
150 Heal Staff
255 souls left

And Alain is getting the crossbow so she's good on weapons, and Iris still has hers in perfect condition. So we could pick up a second Heal Staff and then repair Damon's lance? It's gotta be cheaper than buying a new one. Maybe if we have souls left over we could repair some other stuff too. What do y'all think?

EDIT: Alternatively we could repair both heal staves rather than buy new ones... hmm...
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: March 11, 2017, 05:38:54 pm »

Remember you can get all of Typhos' stuff bar his estus flask.
Remember to check your sheets, everyone!

Wish we knew how much it costs to repair stuff. :X
For E rank weapons 3 souls per QL.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: March 11, 2017, 05:46:42 pm »

Hmm, OK, OK. Let's see then. It would cost 5 more souls to repair Rosalia's bow than buy a new one, but the Training Bow is arguably better than the Iron Bow and we do have a superfluous 5 souls just sitting there. We can repair Damon's slim lance for 63, Yilda's Heal Staff for 60 (much cheaper than getting a new one), Sacha's for 45, Alain's knife for 81 and her crossbow for 3 (which is still in Rosalia's inventory, just noting), and we could give Yilda Typhos's slim sword after repairing it for 81 souls. Then we pop the two souls Typhos is carrying and give his iron figurine to whoever needs humanity the most - looks like Damon as he's medium-high and everyone else is high.

So repairs would cost us a total of 333 souls but we wouldn't need to buy a new sword or any heal staves. It would cost 438 if we choose to repair the bow rather than buy a new one, 433 if Twin would prefer the iron bow. Ariston's weapons are quite plainly trash and it saves more souls to just buy the Iron Axe than repair either of them. Thoughts guys?

EDIT: Also Damon has an Iron Sword we can just straight up give Yilda if she'd rather have that than worry about getting Typhos's sword and repairing that.

EDIT EDIT: WAIT DON'T BUY ANYTHING UNTIL WE FIGURE IT OUT PLZ DAMON

I mean I appreciate the initiative but we gotta figure out how best to manage our souls, is all. ^^^;
« Last Edit: March 11, 2017, 05:51:03 pm by SeriousConcentrate »

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: March 11, 2017, 08:31:04 pm »

What's the difference between Iron Bow and Training Bow again?

Also: Worth noting Rosalia is currently holding a Soul of a Lost Undead, which has more souls in it. I'll have her pop it to see how many souls we get out of it.

Also-also: We should decide who, if anyone, equips the Fool's Ring, which is -20 hit for +10 crit.

EDIT:

Gigla said it was +50 souls.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2017, 08:34:54 pm by Twinwolf »
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: March 11, 2017, 09:07:07 pm »

Rosalia: "lemme wander over to where Damon's taking a nap for whatever reason"

:p
Black lives matter.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: March 11, 2017, 11:16:56 pm »

Was my action useful at all in helping repairs? :-\ :-[

Also: Worth noting Rosalia is currently holding a Soul of a Lost Undead, which has more souls in it. I'll have her pop it to see how many souls we get out of it.

Also-also: We should decide who, if anyone, equips the Fool's Ring, which is -20 hit for +10 crit.

EDIT:

Gigla said it was +50 souls.
I have stuff with no appraisal value yet!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: March 11, 2017, 11:45:31 pm »

Training Bow has like 5 less hit but 10 critical, while the iron bow has 0 critical and I think more QL; don't have the stats handy. Also, Iris looks to be a critical build, so the ring might be best in her hands if Dwar wants it.

So does anyone have any input on shopping? If not I'll compile a list myself when I get home.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: March 12, 2017, 07:00:07 am »

OK, it's been at least 12 hours since I first asked for input on shopping. Since no one's said anything, I'm going to post a list of what we're going to do; the only uncertain thing is for Twin to state whether s/he wants the Iron Bow or the Training Bow.

Quote from: stat comparison
Name        | Type ( ) | Rng | Wt | Mt | Hit | Cr | Ql
Training Bow| Recu (E) | 2   | 4  | 4  | 90  | 10 | 35 max QL
Iron Bow     | Recu (E) |  2  |  6 |  5 |  85 |   0  | 45 max QL

OK, first we pop all available souls, which gives us +150 Souls for a total of 845 (also, Damon uses the Warm Iron Figurine so he's back to High humanity like the rest of us). Next, we repair all damaged weapons (save Rosa and Ariston's for the moment). This takes us down to 512 souls. Then, we either repair the Training Bow or buy an Iron Bow if Twin would prefer that, leaving us with either 407 or 412 souls. We give the Iron Sword to Yilda, so that between that and Typhos's Slim Sword she's well armed; Alain has the knife and the crossbow so she's already got two weapons. Next, we buy a second Heal Staff for Sacha, leaving us at about 257-262 souls. We buy one Iron Axe for Ariston and an Iron Lance for Damon, leaving us about 57-62 souls. All the remaining souls get dumped into repairing Ariston's hatchet; the extra 9 or 10 uses could be helpful. Finally, we give the Fool's Ring to Iris because of her +crit personal skill and Wrath character skill, so it makes the most sense to hand it to her (especially if she picks up a +15 Hit personal skill at some point).

The idea is to give as many people as possible options in battle. We'll pick up extra stuff for Iris and Rosalia as soon as we can get some more souls, and hopefully a real second weapon for Ariston next shop (because 9-10 hits of a Hatchet are useful, but they're not really a great alternative to wearing down his main axe ._.).

Thoughts?
« Last Edit: March 12, 2017, 07:01:54 am by SeriousConcentrate »

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: March 12, 2017, 07:07:23 am »

I think I'll go with the Iron Bow - the crit is really nice, but if the last stretch was an indicator of how long we can expect between shops then 35 uses isn't going to cut it. We can always repair the Training Bow later.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: March 12, 2017, 07:11:29 am »

OK, fair enough. That leaves us with 2 souls and 10 uses of the Hatchet.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: March 12, 2017, 07:33:50 am »

But are you going to buy the Trash?
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: March 12, 2017, 07:40:29 am »

I'll trade a broken rusty axe for it. :V

no i won't.

Although, do we have any storage capabilities yet? If this village is our 'base' like Majula or Firelink Shrine (1 or 3) or the Nexus or the Hunter's Dream then it would make sense if there was a place to store stuff.
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 109