Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Acquired Powers Question  (Read 2590 times)

Rugal Bernstein

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Adventure Mode Acquired Powers Question
« on: December 15, 2015, 03:09:39 am »

(Used Google Translate)
Hello!
I created this topic, because i don't find any tutorials about modding acquired powers.
I don't have big modding skill.
I created my own weapons, tried to create civs and creatures, but failed.

Anyway, i came here to ask advice for this modding section. I strongly apologise if similar topic already exist or there is a tutorial to modding acquired powers.
I want make some spells/abilities like stopping time or my own PSI Bitchkill Ω (lol). And, if i do learn how to make spells, made my own spells/abilities pack.
Is this done by reaction modding? I'm asking for small, basic tutorial for this. I'll be very grateful if someone give me example of his mod with explanation how it works.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2015, 04:07:52 am by Rugal Bernstein »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Acquired Powers Question
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2015, 05:06:37 am »

Easiest way is probably having a reaction that gives you a food item that has an ingested syndrome that gives the ability to use the interaction.

Uh. That's a lot of jargon. Google translate might have difficulty. We have a good amount of multilingual modders around here, mention which language you're best at.

Rugal Bernstein

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2015, 05:39:24 am »

Thanks for answer!
I am from Russia.

So, i need to use interactions. Well, i suggest i can make spell that tore limbs of target. Hate to trouble you, but can you make this interaction for me? I can use it to undertstand how it works and do other spells myself. I apologize again if I trouble you much.

And about that time stop spell. I can't make whole world stop with just reactions, right? So, maybe i can do this with changing character speed... Anyway, it's my problems. Thanks again for answering me.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2015, 05:56:16 am by Rugal Bernstein »

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2015, 06:18:16 am »

You can't tear limbs with interactions.  The closest you can get is shooting a solid glob of something to injure someone.

Time stopping doesn't work either, but if you speed up yourself to maximum it will function more or less the same.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2015, 06:20:41 am »

Hmm. Wasn't PSI Bitchkill a reskinned Starstorm or incomprehensible attack anyway? I'm not sure how you could represent that, huh.

Rugal Bernstein

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2015, 06:37:21 am »

Hmm. Wasn't PSI Bitchkill a reskinned Starstorm or incomprehensible attack anyway? I'm not sure how you could represent that, huh.
Looks like someone also knows about existence of that hack :). That was just a joke, i don't want to do it in a first place.

Well, thanks for your answering. I suppose, i can't make limb tearing spell, huh.
I guess i just have to go and study the interactions to know what spells i can do.
What an unique and kind community Dwarf Fortress have :D
« Last Edit: December 15, 2015, 06:48:43 am by Rugal Bernstein »

TheDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2015, 09:27:01 am »

You can't tear limbs with interactions.  The closest you can get is shooting a solid glob of something to injure someone.

Time stopping doesn't work either, but if you speed up yourself to maximum it will function more or less the same.

Aren't the new GAITs capped though? Used to be easier with the [SPEED:X] tag... :/
I love this community. Somebody asks "hay guise how do i tame shark", and then everybody is like "why don't we fling sharks at things with complex mechanical devices?".

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2015, 03:29:41 pm »

Russian modder here. You can PM me questions in russian just fine :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2015, 03:42:37 am »

Aren't the new GAITs capped though? Used to be easier with the [SPEED:X] tag... :/
Gaits yeah, but syndrome speed multipliers are awesome.