Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Outcasts Everyware!?  (Read 4396 times)

DizzyCrash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Outcasts Everyware!?
« on: December 14, 2015, 11:46:53 pm »

So the world gen ended with a human civ on the brink of death.. they have had 20 generals in 200 year and the culture seems to be a hate for law and rules and theres barely any of them left, half the towns are ghost towns or ruled by bandits or killing eachother, Its basically the wild west filled with almost as many outlaws and criminals as normal people.. this is what the opulation looks like.

- 342 Humans
- 248 Outcast Humans
- 348 Goblins
- 222 Outcast Goblins
- 112 Konolds
- 85  Elves
- 22  Dwarves
- 31  Outcast Dwarf
- 27  Outcast Elf

What exactly is a outcast and how will i be interacting with them.

Isaac23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Outcasts Everyware!?
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2015, 04:12:19 am »

HiddenEyes056

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh my gosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2015, 09:55:31 am »

"Dwarf of the North Fortress"

Fund it.
So basically the Mountainhomes is now sending complimentary cheese dip with every caravan.
A named spider who died centuries before I even played was helping rescue kids I had in fact rescued.

DizzyCrash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2015, 01:30:12 pm »

"Dwarf of the North Fortress"

Fund it.

XD   Sorry to say iv yet to watch fist of the north star so i dont really get the reference. ( If any at all )

burned

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • burnedFX
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2015, 01:54:49 pm »

So the world gen ended with a human civ on the brink of death.. they have had 20 generals in 200 year and the culture seems to be a hate for law and rules and theres barely any of them left, half the towns are ghost towns or ruled by bandits or killing eachother, Its basically the wild west filled with almost as many outlaws and criminals as normal people.. this is what the opulation looks like.

- 342 Humans
- 248 Outcast Humans
- 348 Goblins
- 222 Outcast Goblins
- 112 Konolds
- 85  Elves
- 22  Dwarves
- 31  Outcast Dwarf
- 27  Outcast Elf

What exactly is a outcast and how will i be interacting with them.

An outcast is a criminal belonging to a particular group. Your numbers could mean that there are a few large criminal organizations or a bunch of smaller gangs. You'd have to check the Legends mode for specifics, but those "outlaws and criminals" you mentioned are the outcasts.
DFMA Profile | burnedfx Graphic Set

The process of delving into the black abyss is to me the keenest form of fascination. - H. P. Lovecraft
The Delvers
. . .the middle ground between light and shadow . . . - Rod Serling
The Delvers' Podcast

DizzyCrash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2015, 02:44:38 pm »

Dude, there are almost as many criminals as peaceful normal folk...

SQman

• Bay Watcher
  • Gnot a gnelf
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2015, 02:51:37 pm »

Dude, there are almost as many criminals as peaceful normal folk...
Reminds me of Skyrim.

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2015, 03:03:51 pm »

Don't mean to be a grammar Nazi, but the correct spelling is "everywhere". As in, "every-" plus "where", indicating "in every location".
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Hellzon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2015, 04:47:07 pm »

Somewhat relatedly, I'm seeing some outlaw animals after playing in the world for a while. Not just in my retired fortresses, but it seems to be pronounced there.

Spoiler: Examples (click to show/hide)

Either the duck outcasts broke DUCK LAW, or it's just the game's way of referring to something else. Those fortresses don't have taverns because I'm bad at the game, BTW.

burned

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • burnedFX
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2015, 05:27:43 pm »

Somewhat relatedly, I'm seeing some outlaw animals after playing in the world for a while. Not just in my retired fortresses, but it seems to be pronounced there.

Spoiler: Examples (click to show/hide)

Either the duck outcasts broke DUCK LAW, or it's just the game's way of referring to something else. Those fortresses don't have taverns because I'm bad at the game, BTW.

You're probably right. Perhaps most criminals are outcasts, but outcasts are not necessarily criminals.

Are both of those your forts? If so, did you retire them or abandon? Also, is your parents civ still alive?
DFMA Profile | burnedfx Graphic Set

The process of delving into the black abyss is to me the keenest form of fascination. - H. P. Lovecraft
The Delvers
. . .the middle ground between light and shadow . . . - Rod Serling
The Delvers' Podcast

Hellzon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2015, 05:42:07 pm »

You're probably right. Perhaps most criminals are outcasts, but outcasts are not necessarily criminals.

Are both of those your forts? If so, did you retire them or abandon? Also, is your parents civ still alive?

Both are my forts, both retired. Parent civ doing well.

Also related:

Spoiler: HFS (click to show/hide)

My working theory is that "outcasts" are simply hanging out in the site while not part of the owner group.