Poll

hOI!!!

i'm tEMMIE!
- 26 (70.3%)
I'm Bob.
- 11 (29.7%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 79

Author Topic: Undertale: Reach Out - aaaAAAAaaaA  (Read 84172 times)

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
Re: Undertale: Reach Out - Laykos [3/3]
« Reply #60 on: December 14, 2015, 01:12:59 am »

"Welcome to your new home!"

The words echo painfully in her ears. I'm never going back home, am I? What of my mom? My dad? Will they miss me? Regardless of her thoughts, she only presents a plaintive expression throughout, choosing to remain silent.

When the group had entered Laykos' abode, she meekly followed and sat on a corner of the living room. Her long-distanced stare was distracted when she overheard Alvin and Laykos' discussion.

"Thanks...  But, um, what do you mean by 'new home?'"

"That's what I mean.. my child, it's impossible for you to go back. The barrier prevents it. Here is the safest place, you can grow, you can learn..."
"We can be like one happy family!"

The Barrier... Whatever myths this creature spun, it all seemed to be true to a defeated 12 year old. Internally, her worst fears have been confirmed - she had been kidnapped by a fox for their own purposes, she muses. But she feels placated for now; the floorboards are warm, and there is no climbing back up the hole which they came through.

Alvin's discussion with Laykos was getting more intense - the situation being more dire than it could have ever been in their lives. They were only children after all. They did not deserve to be lost to fate's whims.

"My child, I'm sorry... but you cannot go back.
I am sorry, but there is no return."

Deciding that she has to steel herself if she wants to get back home - Papa wouldn't know his daughter's hidden in a cave, because she was decidedly lost in a forest for hours until she found Mt. Damon; she had to ask Laykos the question bothering her most.

"Is it true there's really no way back...?"
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: Undertale: Reach Out - Home [3/3]
« Reply #61 on: December 14, 2015, 01:14:14 am »

Lazsrus looks around before checking the presumably unlocked rooms.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 14, 2015, 01:14:52 am »

"Yes.. it is true. I swear it."

Lazsrus looks around before checking the presumably unlocked rooms.
Each one seemed to be a bedroom, most of them filled with toys and small beds except for one, which had a large queen-sized bed and other furniture.

Nunzillor

« Reply #63 on: December 14, 2015, 01:18:36 am »

Alvin felt tears begin to well up under his eyes.  Maybe...?  No, he wouldn't take no for an answer!  He was filled with determination.  The frustrated boy looked around the house for roads or paths.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 14, 2015, 01:19:09 am »

"...I'm sorry. I don't trust you enough. How can I know that you're being true? If you cared, you would go out and find the boy you just spooked!"

"Y-Your name was Laykos, was it? Let's go find that boy!"

Sophia manages to express an angry grimace as she tries to command Laykos to find the missing boy. She does not yet know the boy's name. Regardless, all she had was each other's presences, and so she had to go find the boy in order to avoid meeting a horrible creature such as Flowey again.

She stomps out of the door, ignoring her increasing fear of the situation, just to ensure the wellbeing of her peers.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 14, 2015, 01:21:44 am »

With another quick look around, Lazarus takes a deep breath and enters the room with the large bed, looking for a key or something, probably in a drawer.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 14, 2015, 01:26:56 am »

With another quick look around, Lazarus takes a deep breath and enters the room with the large bed, looking for a key or something, probably in a drawer.
He sees no keys, only arrangements of clothing and ponchos.

"Leave him be... the caverns before the front door are void of monsters.. and that flower will not return so long as I am here. He will return eventually."
Laykos frowned, as her large ears sagged down.
"...I'm sorry you're not happy, my child. Believe me, if there was a way to return you to your true home, I would do anything to allow it... but there isn't. I wish I could do more for you."
« Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 01:29:08 am by PrivateNomad »

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 14, 2015, 01:30:11 am »

Lazarus shrugs and leaves the room. He decides to ask about the basement. Which means he get's the fox lady's attention and points in it's direction.

Nunzillor

« Reply #68 on: December 14, 2015, 01:31:52 am »

Finding nothing more than dirt and moss, Alvin sat down in the mud, his back against the house.  Would he really never see mom or dad again?  He wasn't ready to accept it, didn't think he'd ever be ready to accept it.  He cried silently as he thought of home.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 14, 2015, 01:32:28 am »

Lazarus shrugs and leaves the room. He decides to ask about the basement. Which means he get's the fox lady's attention and points in it's direction.
Upon Lazarus's pointing, Laykos looked and glanced at him.
"That's just the basement; nothing but mold in there, my child."
"Perhaps you'd be more interested in Moldberry Pie? Or maybe you like TV? I have puzzles!"

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 14, 2015, 01:37:37 am »

Laykos follows for only a few steps, and Sophia takes a glance backwards.

"Wait... you're not actually just leaving him alone outside? If you really wanted to do something for me, we CAN begin by finding where the boy went!"

She then proceeds forwards to find Alvin.

Nunzillor

« Reply #71 on: December 14, 2015, 01:48:44 am »

((If pseudo-Toriel doesn't come out:))
Alvin sees the girl approaching and gets up, trying to wipe the tears from his face.  "I-I'm sorry, I just c-can't believe it.  I-it's s-so awful, never g-going home...  I-I'm Alvin.  What's y-your name?  D-do you believe h-her?"
« Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 02:14:22 am by Nunzillor »

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 14, 2015, 08:32:55 am »

"It's okay, I've been there. Cry until you can no longer shed a tear, and then, let's go."

Her cracking, fearful voice due to the situation beset to them betrays her intention to at least cheer the boy up... but knowing that without each other, they won't be able to do anything, she tries her hardest to cancel her own emotions, and reaches out a hand to Alvin.

"I'm Sophia. We're going to find our way back home, I promise. Now, shall we go back and find the other boy? So far... he's the only one who hasn't freaked out as much..."

"C'mon, s-she can't be that bad... I-I mean, she did SAVE us...!"

Albeit she was trying to convince Alvin to stand up on his feet, her own doubts do not hide her very obvious fear and distrust for the fox. It's not that she can't grow to like her; but having to deal with the 'reality' set upon them that they would not be able to return home within any reasonable amount of time, it is shocking.

Nunzillor

« Reply #73 on: December 14, 2015, 09:37:09 am »

Alvin takes a minute to stem the flood of tears and takes her hand, rising to his feet.  He still felt awful, but he needed to try to be brave, if not for himself than for the others down here with him.  "…O-okay.  Thanks Sophia.  B-but I still don't trust her." He follows Sophia back inside.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 09:44:49 am by Nunzillor »

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 14, 2015, 09:43:51 am »

Upon Lazarus's pointing, Laykos looked and glanced at him.
"That's just the basement; nothing but mold in there, my child."
"Perhaps you'd be more interested in Moldberry Pie? Or maybe you like TV? I have puzzles!"
Lazarus stares at her, provided she stays nearby of course. She would get the feeling he doesn't believe her and is instead waiting for her to tell him the truth. Of course, there are worse people to tell secrets then a seemingly mute kid.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 79