Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: rise to the position of enemy  (Read 1714 times)

MobRules

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
rise to the position of enemy
« on: December 10, 2015, 04:02:44 pm »

I have this artifact:

This is a dolomite mug. All craftdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of rose cut pink jades and square cut pipe opals. This object menaces with spikes of dolomite.

On the item is an image of "Beachsystems the Musics of Driving" and dwarves in dolomite. "Beachsystems the Musics of Driving" is surrounded by the dwarves. The artwork relates to the rise of the sasquatch "Beachsystems the Musics of Driving" as an enemy of the Anvil of Mortification in 121.

On the item is an image of a maize plant in pipe opal. On the item is an image of two muskmelon vines in pipe opal. On the item is an image of two sweet potato plants in highwood.

On the item is an image of Sor Squirtedsenses the human and "Nako Gleamdungeon the Virginal Mouth of Compititions" the human in pink jade. "Nako Gleamdungeon the Virginal Mouth of Competitions" is shooting Sor Squirtedsenses. The artwork relates to the shooting of the human Sor Squirtedsenses by the human "Nako Gleamdungeon the Virginal Mouth of Competitions" in The Vanished Jungle in the early autumn of 251 during Okgush Shasttol, "The Assault of Mobs"

As though "enemy of <civilzation>" were a noble position that he was presented during an awards ceremony.

Also, I'm going to have to dig into legends and figure out how a human ended up with the name "Nako Gleamdungeon the Virginal Mouth of Competitions"
Ninja dragons! Protect the masterwork roasts!
Is this biome reanimating? I really don't want to know what happens when "absurd numbers of megabeasts" is combined with "reanimating biomes".

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: rise to the position of enemy
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2015, 04:05:50 pm »

rise as enemy; come into fame.  yea, to gain renown is to rise.

Rise of the axis, rise of evil, rise of sasquatch to (in)fame
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

MobRules

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2015, 04:53:05 pm »

rise as enemy; come into fame.  yea, to gain renown is to rise.

Sure. It's not the word 'rise' that bothered me. It was the same 'surrounded by the dwarves' wording template that is used to commemorate important appointments.
Ninja dragons! Protect the masterwork roasts!
Is this biome reanimating? I really don't want to know what happens when "absurd numbers of megabeasts" is combined with "reanimating biomes".

AceSV

• Bay Watcher
  • [SUPER_VILLAIN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2015, 02:38:14 am »

I've seen that description applied to creatures like megabeasts or giant animals that kill civ members.  I assume that if a beast kills enough people or if a person is there to see it kill people, it becomes an enemy of the civilization.  Probably the same mechanic as naming animals when they kill dwarves. 
could God in fact send a kea to steal Excalibur and thereby usurp the throne of the Britons? 
Furry Fortress 3 The third saga unfurls.  Now with Ninja Frogs and Dogfish Pirates.

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2015, 08:45:45 am »

Spoiler: Rise of the villains (click to show/hide)
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

Skorpion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2015, 09:28:24 am »

Maybe he's being swamped by them, or massacring them?
The *large serrated steel disk* strikes the Raven in the head, tearing apart the muscle, shattering the skull, and tearing apart the brain!
A tendon in the skull has been torn!
The Raven has been knocked unconcious!

Elves do it in trees. Humans do it in wooden structures. Dwarves? Dwarves do it underground. With magma.

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2015, 09:46:31 am »

Or they're fleeing.  Yeah, lots of possible interpretations.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2015, 12:06:17 pm »

The general idea is that he has their attention.  Which is why they are around him
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!