Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Walk into one of the new catacombs under a massive town. Find a coffin with a body in it. Pick something up in a nearby room to wake the mummy. Leave your companions to fight and

Has done this
- 13 (61.9%)
Has not done this
- 8 (38.1%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Voting closed: December 12, 2015, 10:52:18 pm

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14

Author Topic: Worst Thing Ever Done in Adventure Mode  (Read 46639 times)

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
Re: Worst Thing Ever Done in Adventure Mode
« Reply #60 on: December 21, 2015, 05:16:58 am »

Can't give kids things unless you are rescuing them from somewhere > tell them to wait somewhere and leave > come back to find them as soldiers (recruit generally, no combat skill) and can gear them up/make them vampires/etc.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 21, 2015, 10:08:20 am »

I was walking around at night and I ran into a lair. Inside was a goblin child. He told me to take shelter and that I could stay in his lair. He said he was two.

I choked him to death. :'(

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 21, 2015, 10:11:02 am »

Can't give kids things unless you are rescuing them from somewhere > tell them to wait somewhere and leave > come back to find them as soldiers (recruit generally, no combat skill) and can gear them up/make them vampires/etc.

I clearly need to start a vampire children's crusade using a soon-to-be-invaded town.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 21, 2015, 10:40:45 am »

"Ok Max, what are you trying to show us, several flying scholars and a bunch of corpses? We get it, libraries are violent."
'Well, no, see, the corpses are flying too... they're WHY the scholars are all flying... well, to be accurate, the minecart 1 z-level below this screenshot is why they are all flying through the air.'

Today has just been low after low for me... I've been so peaceful and shit for all of 42.03... then I found a steel minecart and a peaceful library in a forest retreat.

First I rode it around through them, very funny, the cart has like 8 kills now, I still have none.

Then I noticed that the southwest edge has a ramp I can run up to see the effects when I slam the cart into the wall down there are high speeds.

First I used some booze and whatnot... I couldn't get more than 3 corpses in there though, so I loaded it with books and vomit and whatnot... then I noticed that... if for some reason you have a bookshelf which for some reason you happen to be stuffing full of corpses, you can use that as a minecart shotgun shell... but it doesn't always release the... shot, and then I noticed you can FILL a minecart full of corpses from a bookshelf full of them... and the result is what you see above.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 21, 2015, 10:42:44 am »

Hmm. If a minecart can unload a bookcase and in turn unload its contents, can it do the same with a mug full of corpses? o3o
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 21, 2015, 10:44:20 am »

Yes, but not as consistently, you have to hit something really solidly with the container item to dump the corpses, loading them directly into the cart is much more effective.

Bay12: wherein the pros and cons of loading a bookshelf full of corpses is seriously weighed against simply filling a minecart from the bookshelf to shotgun them into a peaceful library.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 21, 2015, 10:53:26 am »

Here's another thought. If you added in an interaction that re-animated corpses, but preserved as many of their original traits as possible (literally the bare minimum needed to survive whatever you did to kill them), would that be a viable workaround for a lack of children to recruit?
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Killgoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 21, 2015, 11:38:59 am »

I clearly need to start a vampire children's crusade using a soon-to-be-invaded town.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 21, 2015, 11:49:12 am »

Don't forget this might well turn into a vampire revenant children army if my current modding endeavors pan out.

Make them elven children and equip them with wooden for even more evil.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 21, 2015, 12:45:44 pm »

I just realize you can get vampire cats from them rolling around vampire blood and cleaning themselves.
have fun with no one suspecting Fluffy when the town's mayor is found completely drained.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 21, 2015, 12:52:56 pm »

I just realize you can get vampire cats from them rolling around vampire blood and cleaning themselves.
have fun with no one suspecting Fluffy when the town's mayor is found completely drained.

Oh god what.

Wait, doesn't the default vampire interaction specify [CAN_LEARN] as a prerequisite?

EDIT: Damnit. All that work spent modding in a revenant-creating interaction, and one to KO targets instantly because fey elves are too small to choke out a conscious child, and they can't accept mugs because they refuse to respond, even though the interaction doesn't remove the ability to speak. ;_;
« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 01:02:38 pm by Random_Dragon »
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Comito

• Bay Watcher
  • Barrens chat scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 21, 2015, 01:59:07 pm »

I once entered a forest retreat, socialized with the elves and other assorted people there, told stories, played music, and danced with them while having a generally merry time.

I then bid them a fond farewell, and continued on my adventure.

That's all. I know, I'm just the worst sort of person.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 21, 2015, 02:02:13 pm »

I once entered a forest retreat, socialized with the elves and other assorted people there, told stories, played music, and danced with them while having a generally merry time.

I then bid them a fond farewell, and continued on my adventure.

That's all. I know, I'm just the worst sort of person.

Eeevil. Didn't so much as argue with them or eat any of them. What a waste of delicious elves.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Comito

• Bay Watcher
  • Barrens chat scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 21, 2015, 02:05:05 pm »

Eeevil. Didn't so much as argue with them or eat any of them. What a waste of delicious elves.

I discussed the value of friendship and the nuances of power with a few of them, but they just sort of shrugged.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 21, 2015, 02:10:54 pm »

Nonsense. Get drunk and argue the value of power to children. o3o

EDIT: I murdered a tavern keeper, using grab-and-jumps to disrobe her AND send her sailing about, then snapping her neck upon realizing I somehow escalated from brawl to no quarter doing that.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 11:36:04 pm by Random_Dragon »
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14