Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Devilian  (Read 1248 times)

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
Devilian
« on: December 07, 2015, 10:16:58 pm »

https://www.deviliangame.com/en/

Jiggle-sorceresses and loli's who hate pants? Yup, Korea has blessed us with another MMO. This time it's an ARPG as well!

https://youtu.be/zi1d2CLvmro

If you've got a hankering for a Diablo-like, but don't want to play Path of Exile or Marvel Heroes 2015 because you want something NEW, then this just might be for you. Early access starts tomorrow, full free-to-play release on Thursday.

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Devilian
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2015, 11:30:44 am »

Trion, eh... so that's why you can't trade or whisper or use the AH until you purchased something to "prove you're human".

I can't seem to find any actual info about the game on that site. Where can I look up classes, skills, etc?
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
Re: Devilian
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2015, 01:16:58 pm »

I liked the 2.5D parallax scrolling on the website.  First time I've seen that done with multiple Z levels.  The PVP Evolved section shows it off best.

(Hmm, looks like a plugin named Stellar.  That is a horrible name.  Search on stellar parallax scrolling, get articles on apparent star motion.)

But without some substantial information about the game, I'm just not interested.  So the web design is a net negative.  Unfortunately.  It just distracts me, makes me look at the map instead of the the landscape.

In the current MMO market, it's just too easy to hop between F2P games, seeing 30% of the content on each before moving on.  This makes it hard for a game to catch on.

Is this one already successful in Korea?  Maybe so, if they spent the money to localize the content.

The website comes in English, German, and French.  I wonder if the game content does.

I think targeting non-English languages (and non-Korean, obv) could be a way for a game to get some traction.  But I don't know.

Sorry for rambling.