Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Random syndromes can now effect a dwarf's personality, behaviour, and emotions.  (Read 1811 times)

Orkel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I wonder when we'll see the first case of a rage virus? A forgotten beast simply needs to get lucky with a syndrome that causes extreme anger and erratic behaviour. Should be fun to have the entire fort brawling with eachother.
Quote from: madjoe5
Dwarf Fortress: The game in which people place abducted children in a furnace to see what happens.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

now i sort of want to mod in a syndrome that makes all of my dwarves super docile and generic :v

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

FoiledFencer

• Bay Watcher
  • keepin' it feudal.
    • View Profile

now i sort of want to mod in a syndrome that makes all of my dwarves super docile and generic :v

Something like a syndrome of brain slugs? As in, they are docile and diligent but completely beyond control of the oversser as they only work for whichever mysterious purpose the contamination desires.

(IE pull all levers, melt down all metal objects)
"Lithrushâst Kúdlizat: Fetidfur, the slick notch, a grizzly bear leather loincloth. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is studded with zinc, decorated with grizzly bear leather and encircled with bands of grizzly bear leather. This object menaces with spikes of grizzly bear leather."

Orkel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Something like a syndrome of brain slugs? As in, they are docile and diligent but completely beyond control of the oversser as they only work for whichever mysterious purpose the contamination desires.

(IE pull all levers, melt down all metal objects)

Basically a syndrome with a combination of extreme euphoria and erratic behaviour?
Dwarf Fortress: The game in which people place abducted children in a furnace to see what happens.

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile

A forgotten beast that sprays laughing gas everywhere.

thriggle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

A forgotten beast that sprays laughing gas everywhere.
Now that we have playable batmen, it's only fitting that our Joker analogs progress beyond dwarves with the comedian skill to forgotten beasts that squirm and fidget and expel laughing gas.

HungryHobo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Can extreme sadness affect invaders?

I remember one of the notes from the release was about dwarves and alcohol where they'd been changed to be resistant to some of the syndrome effects of alcohol.

Imagine a fortress defended by troughs of "Milk of Eternal Sadness".
A substance with no effect on dwarves but which makes other species suicidally depressed.
There would of course be a convenient deep deep pit next to the trough. 

Orkel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Can extreme sadness affect invaders?

I remember one of the notes from the release was about dwarves and alcohol where they'd been changed to be resistant to some of the syndrome effects of alcohol.

Imagine a fortress defended by troughs of "Milk of Eternal Sadness".
A substance with no effect on dwarves but which makes other species suicidally depressed.
There would of course be a convenient deep deep pit next to the trough.

This definitely calls for hardcore !!SCIENCE!!

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

toady should implement syndrome rain instead of just blood rain.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

thriggle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I believe he already has! I've had embark sites where raining putrid muck made anyone exposed to it nauseated.