Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16

Author Topic: RTD horrors 2: Finish him. game 1 turn 22  (Read 42029 times)

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD horrors 2: No funny title text for you game 1 turn 8.
« Reply #60 on: December 18, 2015, 05:31:05 pm »

Send my 48 heavily armed cultists to, and I quote "Protect Skeles's farm, and bring back doughnuts whenever you return."
Whisper into the mind of TV station ad department, "Hey, that Tax Goat is an amazing goat, we should run ads for his appointment as President!

Please reread my name. It's not Skeles.
Ah, sorry, I will refer to you as your actual name for the remainder of this game.

carp

• Bay Watcher
  • the biggest fish around.*
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 19, 2015, 10:36:08 am »

From now on, I will refer to 'flamethrowers' as 'flamelobbers', 'grenades' as 'nades', and 'crossbow' as 'crossy'.
I am carp and I approve this message.
Carp carp carpcarp CAAR-ARP carpity carpcarp CARP CARP
Caaarp car-AARRP carpity carp-arp carppp-aaaarP.

*i'm looking at you biggerfish.

carp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 19, 2015, 10:42:28 am »

ME: move some water over the flames creating a path from the inner edge of the ropeary beside the pontoon village to the out edge of the ropeary
25 nonimpovrished cultists: walk / swim out and create an ad campaign
the rest of you cultists: find some dragons blood

Evonix

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring lovecraft antagonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 19, 2015, 11:54:39 am »

'This is just normal graphene like you find in graphite for pencils, the monomolecular wafers are far to small to use (You will need to invent a method for making monomolecular carbon sheets, and you'll need a proper lab/workers/budget for that.)'

I believe if I rolled a 5 it would've worked. That's why I tried :D

From now on, I will refer to 'flamethrowers' as 'flamelobbers', 'grenades' as 'nades', and 'crossbow' as 'crossy'.
Actually for 4 I would have said you made some sweet black decals for existing armor and would have made them more intimidating, for 5 I would have said you found a way to refine the graphene but wouldn't have given you the armor.
Has descended into madness

Evonix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 19, 2015, 11:36:06 pm »

I seem to have misplaced my Dice. Did get some stuff done. Also if I had better planning this would not matter. Sorry.

carp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 20, 2015, 10:10:41 am »

I seem to have misplaced my Dice. Did get some stuff done. Also if I had better planning this would not matter. Sorry.
RNG

I believe most of the Bay12 FG community uses this. They showed it to me!
yeah but look at the dice on the front page once you use those you won't want to use any other dice.

Evonix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 20, 2015, 12:30:21 pm »

Skies you did not post who does what

Evonix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 20, 2015, 12:56:30 pm »

Look for some flamethrowers and bombs.

Train with light weapons behind the barn.

Summon me.

Recruit civilians that have been inside of a shooting range. (that includes the managers of the place) Have them steal guns from the place.

Spread Good PR on all the other horrors on Bay12 forums.

That is useless, who looks for bombs, I can work out it's the light weapon owners training, who is summoning you and how many of them, it's probably you who's recruiting shooting range guys but no guarantee, and who and why are you trying to increase the PR of every eldritch abomination to grace these vast forms... exsept you.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 12:58:58 pm by Evonix »

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 20, 2015, 01:39:55 pm »

And why not us specifically, and I propose your user name be "HorrorsAmongUs"

Evonix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 20, 2015, 10:00:47 pm »

The update to my graphics driver prevented the screen on my computer from working, I did try to reroll on a different computer but I ran out of time.

carp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 21, 2015, 08:45:59 pm »

hey if you google image search rtd horrors the first result is my profile pic.

Evonix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Turn 9
« Reply #71 on: December 22, 2015, 12:18:36 am »

And now redoing the first half of this turn for the 3rd time.

ME: move some water over the flames creating a path from the inner edge of the ropeary beside the pontoon village to the out edge of the ropeary
25 nonimpovrished cultists: walk / swim out and create an ad campaign
the rest of you cultists: find some dragons blood

1: Some cultists venture out. It reignites as they get half way across
4: They manage to get out with only moderate burns 3: People inexplicably trust the singed people handing out "Kinisis now with 80% less fiery death, they decide not to try getting back.
4: These cultists are far too cowardly to try going through the fire, they do find some sprouting bulbs from a smashed new york floristry however, you should be able to harvest their sweet, sweet nectar next turn.
-25 impoverished cultists, 25 cultists wounded, +Dragons blood next turn. +lukewarm PR

Inquisitors: Start smear campaign
6: Spew spit and bile, stand on soapboxes, ect. theres still more than the 15 people in the market square at the time.
-lukewarm PR

Send my 48 heavily armed cultists to, and I quote "Protect Skeles's farm, and bring back doughnuts whenever you return."
Whisper into the mind of TV station ad department, "Hey, that Tax Goat is an amazing goat, we should run ads for his appointment as President!

6: Your loyal cultists shall guard Skyies base from ALL comers.
5: The beautiful and complex political advertisement the news station makes despite your detailed advice puts you well in the running.
+Good PR +Voting support

Look for some flamethrowers and bombs.

Train with light weapons behind the barn.

Summon me.

Recruit civilians that have been inside of a shooting range. (that includes the managers of the place) Have them steal guns from the place.

Spread Good PR on all the other horrors on Bay12 forums.

4: The Cult of the Falling Star does their job admirably, they find flamethrowers and bombs, you can't decide if it's terrible thing or a great thing that they aren't different devices, you decide it's both.
2: You do not want to know what they did there instead. You do indeed not want to know that the loyal cultists of you, Skyies, bringer of the end wimped out and played mario cart. You are totally fine with the profitable amateur skin-grafting association they started up after however.
2: Naa, just ain't in the mood for mangling space today.
I you did not assign cultists for this so I'm going to say the ones that were looking for flamethrowers do it 6: They do one better and try to recruit people IN a shooting range.
So two actions left, gunna roll a die for which one you do 1-3 for PR and 4-6 for inquisitor attack.
5: inquisitor attack 1: "Why attack these guys? They're swell dudes"
+100 Flamethrowers/bombs +Training facility -23 cultists +50 inquisitors +50 armed trained cultists

Researcher Inquisitors: Get NULL crystal.
Normal inquisitors: Find orb of stalwart.
3: They now know where to find one, it's in the Perfectly Ordinary exhibit of the smithsonian. They aren't giving it up though, the inquisitors might smudge it.
2: A perfectly normal vast quartz sphere has been found.
+NULL crystal location

Impoverished Cultists: Go sink Kinesis's Pontoon base, Or at least Kill some of his people!

100 Cultists: get that Orb of Stalwart on Dryer land.

50 Cultists: Gather Guns.

25 Cultists: Spread Bad PR on Kinesis Around the Internet.

I: Ask Drug Dealers, Gangsters, and Other Criminals to join my Cult!
1: they don't make it through the flaming roaperary.
5: Your cultists build a platform of dry land around it, big enough to perform the ritual. They also clear an old temple drain and dry the place up a bit.
6: After searching for a while they find a big pile of guns'N'ammo, they decide it's theirs.
1: Their laughable attempts to smear kinisis simply make him seem a sympathetic character
5: Due to a long story of stupidity, bribery, misfiling, and random chance you are officially a mafia official, you just get one of your cultists to call an underling, say the password and they will do do stuff, you should keep it believable though.
-impoverished cultists, Temple drained, summoning platform, found weapons cache, +kinisis PR, +200 armed mafia underlings.

Tax goatTM
Followers:A skunk. A 103 year old tortoise. The 5th segment of a man 'O' war. Some slime mold on a banana, 50 hidden cultists, 100 cultists at management school [2] turns, 48 heavily armed cultists
Items: Access to orb of stalwart 1.
PR: The town of belford thinks you are an alright guy, Brand awareness, The voting public like your one platform campaign. Servant to Skyies, good PR

Kinesis
Followers: 75 impoverished cultists. 25 wounded cultists.
Items: Pontoon base, Orb of Stalwart 3 on fountain spout, Dragons blood next turn
Haters: 80 inquisitors, ritual of banishment.
PR: lukewarm PR
Areas: NY crater(filled with water), Flaming RoperaryTM surrounding NY crater(Need to roll to find anything in it or move through)

Skyies
Followers: 10 cultists in high places, 100 trained heavily armed cultists, 75 cultists, komodo dragon, 52 lightly armed cultists, 50 armed trained cultists
Items:Dragon's blood (You are pleased by the name), reinforced barn with Orb of stalwart 1, tungsten, scattered graphene, 52 light weapons, 100 Flamethrowers/bombs, Training facility
Haters: 1 inquisitor, 20 inquisitors in high places, 150 inquisitors, 100 researcher inquisitors, efficient ritual of banishment, NULL crystal location

Bont da lifas
Followers: Kinesis inquisitor alliance, 200 cultists, 200 armed mafia underlings
Items: Orb of Stalwart 2 with summoning platform, Trapped temple base, some money, dragon's blood, weapons cache location
Events: Kinesis attack/inconvenience needed in <[2] turns (they don't think you are as competent as you claim.)

World
Locations/landmarks: -New york city
Pop: 7 bill - 8 mill
Events: elections in [2] turns

Despite the borrowed computer freezing I was still able to recover everything and finish just a quarter past midnight.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 08:04:40 pm by Evonix »

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 22, 2015, 12:38:38 am »

200 cultists: Summon me.

1/2 Kinesis Inquisiters: Attempt to contaminate Kinesis's base with anything Flammable and/or Radioactive.
other half: If the first half is successful, report Kinesis's  base for a Workplace safety inspection.

I: attempt to get some inspectors to join my cult.

Mafia Underlings: Kidnap some of the tax goat's followers.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

carp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 22, 2015, 11:44:05 am »

yeah the first version of that turn didn't post and when i re-wrote i forget to put in "and make an ad campaign for the eternal ropeary flames as a tourist destination 'the best smores across the world' of course charging for water force fields so you can get less than a foot from the flames"

carp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD horrors 2: Politicz. game 1 turn 9.
« Reply #74 on: December 22, 2015, 08:13:37 pm »

ME: wisper in the minds of entrepenures that the ever burning ropeary could be a tourist hot spot and kinesis could help making it a tourist hot spot
half of cultists pour dragons blood slowy in the water spout holding up the orb of stalwart while the other half of cultists do the summoning ritual in hopes of being summoned
« Last Edit: December 27, 2015, 10:41:48 am by carp »

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16