Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18

Author Topic: Only Forumites Survive - Bay12 Edition  (Read 15717 times)

Jayjake9

• Bay Watcher
  • Deus Volt!
    • View Profile
Re: Only Forumites Survive - Bay12 Edition
« Reply #240 on: December 09, 2015, 06:11:31 am »

I'm pretty sure DC has no nuclear plants. California does have solar panels too...
Ever heard of the phrase "Don't drop the soap? Completely disregard it in prison! It will help you climb the prison social hierarchy

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: December 09, 2015, 07:53:59 am »

why don't we all go to azerbaijan
thincake

BluarianKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • Gimme a soul, sailor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: December 09, 2015, 08:10:33 am »

I still think we should all head to one continent. I do agree with a few different settlements idea.. kind of. but we need one general area to gather in.
A beautiful lesbian trans lass, I'll punch ya dork.

karhell

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_A_MOLPY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: December 09, 2015, 10:09:45 am »

For Europeans, the best location I can think of is round Dover or Calais. That would give land access to both mainland Europe and Britain, plus two ports for sea based activities (fishing, trading with US b12ers...).

Though I wouldn't mind settling in Saint Malo (closer to where I currently live, the intra-muros town is really classy, and plenty of farmland around).

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: December 09, 2015, 11:05:58 am »

For Europeans, the best location I can think of is round Dover or Calais. That would give land access to both mainland Europe and Britain, plus two ports for sea based activities (fishing, trading with US b12ers...).

Though I wouldn't mind settling in Saint Malo (closer to where I currently live, the intra-muros town is really classy, and plenty of farmland around).
Obviously we should all go live in the Vatican.
One wheel short of a wagon

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: December 09, 2015, 11:12:21 am »

I'm pretty sure DC has no nuclear plants.

Here's a map of all the nuclear plants in the world.  I see quite a few near DC.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Jayjake9

• Bay Watcher
  • Deus Volt!
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: December 09, 2015, 01:59:06 pm »

I'm pretty sure DC has no nuclear plants.

Here's a map of all the nuclear plants in the world.  I see quite a few near DC.

A lot of those look like they are miles from DC, one of those is in Richmond, 90 miles from there! There is one like 30 miles south of it though
Ever heard of the phrase "Don't drop the soap? Completely disregard it in prison! It will help you climb the prison social hierarchy

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: December 09, 2015, 02:06:00 pm »

A lot of those look like they are miles from DC, one of those is in Richmond, 90 miles from there! There is one like 30 miles south of it though

Here's the increased radiation from Chernobyl.  Keep in mind, this is just one facility that wound up being at least partially contained from rapid response.  If the situation we are discussing happens, it will be worse.  With that in mind, take a look at how many plants are near DC.

It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: December 09, 2015, 02:12:31 pm »

Here's the increased radiation from Chernobyl.  Keep in mind, this is just one facility that wound up being at least partially contained from rapid response.  If the situation we are discussing happens, it will be worse.  With that in mind, take a look at how many plants are near DC.

Contrary to popular belief,  nuclear power plants are not going to melt down catastrophically if left unattended. Modern nuke plants have a large numerous of automated safety systems that will shut down the plant if any sort of abnormalities are detected. In all likelihood, we'd see the plants shut themselves down one by one over the first few years as the failsafes went off for minor things.
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: December 09, 2015, 02:59:17 pm »

I would be considerably more worried for the chances  of a maximum overdrive like sudden bloody vengeance on the part of the machines than I would of a catastrophic reactor failure.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: December 09, 2015, 03:00:30 pm »

What?
Like, a Skynet?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #251 on: December 09, 2015, 03:15:41 pm »

then turn em off manually!
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: December 09, 2015, 03:37:51 pm »

Contrary to popular belief,  nuclear power plants are not going to melt down catastrophically if left unattended. Modern nuke plants have a large numerous of automated safety systems that will shut down the plant if any sort of abnormalities are detected. In all likelihood, we'd see the plants shut themselves down one by one over the first few years as the failsafes went off for minor things.

I recognize that.  My concern is that we are entering a situation I believe they were never tested in before on a large scale.  I'd prefer to minimize unknown variables such as that as much as possible.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: December 09, 2015, 03:43:59 pm »

Well, we could just go and, you know, shut them down or something.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #254 on: December 09, 2015, 06:05:35 pm »

Well, we could just go and, you know, shut them down or something.

just what i said!
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18