Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Scribes aren't copying written works?  (Read 2145 times)

spwndlove

• Escaped Lunatic
  • A tall creature fond of meat and PC games.
    • View Profile
Scribes aren't copying written works?
« on: December 04, 2015, 04:33:50 pm »

Is there a trick to getting scribes to copy written works in a library? My scribe isn't copying any works.

Here's an image of the entry for my library "The Golden Homes" in the Location menu (the other location is a tavern).
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

As you can see I have bookshelves, tables and chairs, writing material, and a scribe assigned.

I think the setup works generally because my scholar has filled numerous quires (many of which I have since bound into codicies). However, the scribe isn't copying any of them!

As you can see in the image above, I have "Total number of each to scribe" set to 2, so in my mind that should mean that the scribe has work to do until there are 2 copies of every work in the library? Is that not correct? If it is, does anyone know what I'm missing for the scribe to make copies?

The current scribe used to be the scholar that wrote most of the books/quires in my library, and he is a Talented Reader and a Novice Writer.

Moonshadow101

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Scribes aren't copying written works?
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2015, 11:09:59 pm »

I've run four libraries in different forts in the past few days and I *might* have seen a scribe copy a book, *once.* I feel comfortable saying it's bugged.

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2015, 11:38:42 pm »

I saw it happen. Just make sure you've plenty of writing material.
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Balistic604

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2015, 04:20:29 pm »

I've seen it happen only once. Despite the scribes not having any other jobs they just stand around and never copy any works down.
Dwarf Fortress: The only place you'll find complaints about NOT dying.

therahedwig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • wolthera.info
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2015, 04:44:51 pm »

It is a bug that just got fixed. 0.42.03 will have the fix.
Stonesense Grim Dark 0.2 Alternate detailed and darker tiles for stonesense. Now with all ores!