Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Naming Kingdoms Is It Possible?  (Read 937 times)

DizzyCrash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Naming Kingdoms Is It Possible?
« on: December 03, 2015, 05:42:22 pm »

Okay so I mastered this once before but i cant remember how I did it! ... is anyone privy to the knowledge of how to limit the choices of names for a kingdom down to like a handful that I like? I know its possible i did it once before i just cant seem to remember how, i made it so that like every time they would be like "The Kingdom of Roses" or "The Kingdom of Fire"   I already know that if you ad a [SELECT_SYMBOL:CIV:NAME_ENTITY_KINGDOM] and than go into Language SYM and delete everything but the word kingdom under this that it will make it a kingdom each and every time, but I am speaking strictly about what comes after that, the  "Of roses, or Of fire"

DizzyCrash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Naming Kingdoms Is It Possible?
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2015, 05:45:37 pm »

I just want to avoid being from the land of the silver sack again, that is lame...

nuget102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2015, 06:01:27 pm »

I don't think you can, afaik, without deleting words from the dwarven language... ._. Which would also limit the name of all your dwarves and fortresses and groups. I may be wrong though.
The fort where filth melts your skin! (updated 4/9/15)

Curiosity killed the cat.
Satisfaction brought it back.

DizzyCrash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2015, 06:08:14 pm »

I don't think you can, afaik, without deleting words from the dwarven language... ._. Which would also limit the name of all your dwarves and fortresses and groups. I may be wrong though.
No I know its possible iv done it before, I had a nice list in Language_SYM that it would select from but i cant remember how i did it.

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2015, 10:51:17 pm »

Just make your own symbols in the language_SYM file. Get a [SYMBOL:CUSTOM_KINGDOM] and a [SYMBOL:ROSES_OR_WHATEVER] then only put [S_WORD:KINGDOM] after the custom kingdom, and [S_WORD:WHATEVER_WORD_YOU_WANT_HERE] for the other one. Then add [SELECT_SYMBOL:CIV:CUSTOM_KINGDOM] and [SUBSELECT_SYMBOL:CIV:ROSES_OR_WHATEVER] into the entity you want.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

DizzyCrash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2015, 11:56:31 pm »

Just make your own symbols in the language_SYM file. Get a [SYMBOL:CUSTOM_KINGDOM] and a [SYMBOL:ROSES_OR_WHATEVER] then only put [S_WORD:KINGDOM] after the custom kingdom, and [S_WORD:WHATEVER_WORD_YOU_WANT_HERE] for the other one. Then add [SELECT_SYMBOL:CIV:CUSTOM_KINGDOM] and [SUBSELECT_SYMBOL:CIV:ROSES_OR_WHATEVER] into the entity you want.

Thanks, I knew it was something simple like that,
Last time i also figured out how to name actual locations too but i cant figure it out nor do i want to go through the hassle, I had like "The Sword plains" and the "Misty Mountains" but i cant figure out how i did it.

sirvente

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2015, 03:18:46 am »

Worldgen consults a number of symbol entries for naming things. For instance worlds are named by a combination of [NAME_REGION] and [MYTHIC]. The entries for regions is pretty easy to find, [NAME_FOREST] for forests and so on, I'm not sure which entries they're using for subsymbols but that should be easy to find out if you compare the words they're using with the lists