Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: [Fan Game] ER UFO Defense Main Thread - Starting up for realz  (Read 4548 times)

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Fan Game] ER UFO Defense Main Thread - Starting up for realz
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2015, 01:09:03 am »

Solomon nods excitedly at the man's suggestions, accepting the arming sword, gambeson and chainmail, and an assortment of smoke and flash grenades.

He asks if any of the aliens ever engage in epic sword duels.

The vendor relieves you of your money and generously encourages the notion of aliens taking part in honorable duels to the death.

You buy the Gambeson and Chainmail package for $500, along with 2 flashbangs and 2 smoke grenades costing $200 each.

The total bill comes up to $4300. The vendor throws in a free M9 Bayonet in a decorated leather sheath as a backup weapon, so that your honor never suffers to be caught without a blade.
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2015, 02:30:44 am »

Yegor looks over his equipment and purchases the missing elements.
Spoiler: Equipment: (click to show/hide)
He also checks the availability of stripper clips.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 02:32:54 am by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2015, 03:32:53 am »

Yegor looks over his equipment and purchases the missing elements.
Spoiler: Equipment: (click to show/hide)
He also checks the availability of stripper clips.

You nonchalantly bill the medical items to medic fund, even though you are no medic.

The chest seals are a bit expensive. $100 each. There are also plenty of comedy options when you stick those into someone's wounds with no idea about what you're doing. $10 bucks for the gauss.
$210 billed to the medic fund.

$1000 billed to the company for the Ak-103. $50 for requisitioning a shovel. $1050 total billed to the company.

$4000 billed to your own wallet for a complete set of Interceptor Armor with Ceramic Plates

$350 for 7 magazines. $420 for 210 standard rounds. $180 for 30 Hollow Points and 30 FMJ rounds.

Comes up to $4950.

The vendor has never heard of any fighting man needing to use a crutch such as a stripper clip and hands you two free magazines in contempt.
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2015, 04:50:00 am »

((A soldier has to be able to treat his own wounds! :P Or his comrade's.
Just to check, are chest seals intended for sealing just one hole, or potentially both sides of a perforating wound? I've seen both kinds of chest seals. Also, did I get a painkiller pill as specified?))

Yegor silently sneers at the ignorant imperialist vendor, but accepts the extra magazines.

"And here I thought you westerners had the best equipment available for sale. Ever tried reloading your magazines with ammo from backpack or pouches, under fire, at -30 °C with the fingers freezing numb? Magazines weight extra, are bulky, and aren't that cheap; then having your extra ammo already in clips rather than simply in bulk can really pay off. ...Thank you for your generosity, though. I just hope you'll have some the next time. I guess I'm going to be your regular customer."
« Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 04:54:22 am by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2015, 12:41:06 pm »

Spoiler: Cold Sniper repost (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Equipment (click to show/hide)

Additional questions:
How will the various gun accessories alter the game mechanics?  Would certain optics alter the range bonuses/penalties?  Is a bipod a waste of money?
Do 'more expensive 21st century' guns have better stats mechanically, or would they purely be different based on 'soft' mechanics like caliber?
Can I get a discount on subsonic ammo?  It's completely inferior to everything else, ballistically.
Am I correct in guessing that spotting enemies is an intuition roll?  Since my character is supposed to be a scout, this is important to me.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2015, 04:35:50 pm »

Spoiler: Character (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Equips (click to show/hide)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2015, 05:19:31 pm »

I'll also purchase the $2500 interceptor armor, and 16 Hydroshock rounds for the M1991A.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2015, 11:21:56 pm »

5 Guys, think Ya'll can take on a whole squad of aliens?

Also I need volunteers to process Armory Transactions on the wiki. I'll go crazy if I do all of it myself.

Nunzillor

« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2015, 11:51:56 pm »

((I'm willing to give it a shot.  Just indicate which transactions you've approved, and the prices of any miscellaneous goods, and I'll update the wiki.))
« Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 12:58:49 am by Nunzillor »

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2015, 07:59:03 pm »

((For simplicity sake, I'll cap non-military-surplus guns at $2000, before modifications. All other mass produced weapons at $1000.))

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2015, 12:03:54 am »

You know what, I'm in!
Spoiler: Character (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Equips (click to show/hide)

EDIT: reverted to original stats.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 04:22:16 am by Maegil »
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2015, 12:29:40 am »

Cramming for a test. Feel free to wiki those transactions.

500 per gun modification as a rule of thumb.

Fidel Lopez is good to go but needs 1 more  neg skill level.

Deduct 4810 from his personal account. (500 for the light pistol)

Nunzillor

« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2015, 12:32:34 am »

((Okay, this is gonna take a while.  Doing it tomorrow.))

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2015, 12:42:25 am »

((Edited the character for another negative skill level. Just as a side note: it was done with the ER calculator from a link in the wiki stats page, so if the system is different you should remove the link, even warn people not to use it.))
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2015, 01:41:14 am »

((Edited the character for another negative skill level. Just as a side note: it was done with the ER calculator from a link in the wiki stats page, so if the system is different you should remove the link, even warn people not to use it.))

Oh, if the calculator allows it, then it's fine.
Pages: 1 [2] 3