Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Are invaders 'back' yet?  (Read 1740 times)

quekwoambojish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Are invaders 'back' yet?
« on: December 02, 2015, 02:30:01 pm »

Hey all,

So in adventure mode, people seem to be hostile and angry again (atleast more so than the last edition)
I tried telling a poem to a camp full of bandits, and they swiftly shot me to pieces then impaled me...

That being said, are invaders much more 'fighty' in this release as well in fort mode?

AND are the invaders finally pathing more frequently to the fort?
Or do I still need to wait 4+ years for 5 cowardly gobs?

**EDIT:
-Snatchers and Thieves are confirmed!
« Last Edit: December 02, 2015, 03:37:11 pm by quekwoambojish »

Ysyua

• Bay Watcher
  • .- ... - .-. ---
    • View Profile
Re: Are invaders 'back' yet?
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2015, 02:37:28 pm »

I just had stuff stolen from my wagon before my first migrant wave. I didn't catch them either. I suspect there are some scheming buggers about. Maybe that's part of the military pathing that was fixed. I never got many gobbos or kobolds in 40.x.
Quote from: Ysyua
I had a trog give birth while scaling a wall. Just before one of my crossdorfs loosed a bolt at her. The trog baby drowned.
They said the walls were impregnable. You didn't have to prove me wrong by giving birth on them.

quekwoambojish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2015, 02:41:39 pm »

I just had stuff stolen from my wagon before my first migrant wave. I didn't catch them either. I suspect there are some scheming buggers about. Maybe that's part of the military pathing that was fixed. I never got many gobbos or kobolds in 40.x.

Alright, well there's a good start! Was it sentient (kobolds or stealthy monkey)?

kemoT

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2015, 03:20:17 pm »

Well, I got a snatcher. Surprisingly, he didn't run away right after being spotted, but ventured farther into the fort, before my militia gave a chase.
So yeah, thieves are back and are more aggressive.
Sorry for all grammar and spelling mistakes, English is not my native language.
I greet
kemoT

quekwoambojish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2015, 03:37:53 pm »

Well, I got a snatcher. Surprisingly, he didn't run away right after being spotted, but ventured farther into the fort, before my militia gave a chase.
So yeah, thieves are back and are more aggressive.

Yesss! Thanks for the confirmation.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2015, 03:46:13 pm »

I might actually play this version now.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2015, 04:00:35 pm »

They are ? Worship!

SirQuiamus

• Bay Watcher
  • Keine Experimente!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2015, 04:02:33 pm »

I've been having 80+ sieges in 40.24 for the whole time...

quekwoambojish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2015, 04:08:54 pm »

The previous version?

Weird, I wouldn't get sieges until year 4 or 5 at minimum or none at all, and the invaders would run in terror from basically anything...Also never saw non goblin/undead sieges. This was about 6 playthroughs, ~7-10 years, 3 different worlds.

From what I heard it wasn't just me having that issue as well

Agent_86

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2015, 04:13:01 pm »

I was also consistently getting large sieges but never anything else, seems this patch has fixed that.
When something isn't quite dorfy enough, just add magma.

SirQuiamus

• Bay Watcher
  • Keine Experimente!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2015, 04:22:08 pm »

The previous version?

Weird, I wouldn't get sieges until year 4 or 5 at minimum or none at all, and the invaders would run in terror from basically anything...Also never saw non goblin/undead sieges. This was about 6 playthroughs, ~7-10 years, 3 different worlds.

Yeah, undead sieges didn't work for me in 40.24... I embarked right next to a tower quite a few times, but nothing ever came of it. :[

Goblins, elves, and humans were abundant though, so I think invasions were pretty much a matter of luck (and possibly location) in that version.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2015, 06:21:06 pm »

The previous version?

And how long did it take you to reach population 80, which is when siegers start to consider attacking your fort? 3 years or so probably. Then you might get a siege in year 4 if they acted right away and weren't busy beating up elves. Then a few would get lost due to the now fixed pathing bug.

Anyway, with the reappearance of baby snatchers, hopefully ambushes at lower pop levels are back too.