Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11

Author Topic: NEW! - Suggestions for 42.01  (Read 27842 times)

blapnk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: NEW! - Suggestions for 42.01
« Reply #45 on: December 09, 2015, 08:40:57 pm »

A payment system from visitors could work like the succubus den of iniquity only making them drop some small amount instead of converting them to your civ. A gambling den perhaps where a worker on repeat will slowly extort your visitors of their hard earned cash. Or a thought leech that drains visiting scholars of their thoughts eventually letting you boost the skills to your own citizens.

LMeire

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Troglodytes for their horradorability.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 10, 2015, 01:16:17 am »

Maybe add more kinds of secrets to learn and write about? Especially since apparently fort-dwarves can learn them in real-time now. Assuming that isn't a soon-to-be-fixed bug, it could potentially form the groundwork for Masterwork's combat-magic system.
"☼Perfection☼ in the job puts pleasure in the work." - Uristotle

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 10, 2015, 12:59:02 pm »

Suggestion: add Masterwork to 0.42.xx

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 10, 2015, 04:06:33 pm »

id like to see some crossover between different races workshops,so when i re-embark as dwarves in a Gnome/Succubi fort i can use one or two of their workshops.

It is possible (via DFHack) to have a structure usable to a certain race, but not have it listed in the build list. So give all entities everything, then remove the ability to build the stuff they shouldn't have. If an entity somehow finds a workshop from a different race they will be able to use it, but not build new ones.

In a related note: How about special workshops that are placed at the beginning of the game in random underground tiles (via DFHack). You would pick a random tile underground, turn it into a floor, then place a special workshop on it. Archaeology! (I think it is possible to create a workshop from scratch via DFHack, if not then it obviously wouldn't work) It would be semi-complicated to reveal the workshop when done this way, so maybe it would be better to not turn the tile into a floor (as it is perfectly possible to have a building embedded in rock, that then may be dug out). Anyway, workshops like that could use reactions to create special items, or anything else you can think of.
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

DoX

• Bay Watcher
  • No, seriously.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 11, 2015, 12:20:25 pm »

Hey Meph! Good seeing you again!

Honestly, given the amount of changes to the latest version of DF, I think it will be enough work converting the current Masterwork build into it. I realize a lot of that is dependent on other modders updating, but there's just some things that're hard to give up for vanilla. More invader races, stone/gem items, weapon and armor variety, mineral variety, etc.

Isngrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 11, 2015, 01:33:58 pm »

id like to see some crossover between different races workshops,so when i re-embark as dwarves in a Gnome/Succubi fort i can use one or two of their workshops.

It is possible (via DFHack) to have a structure usable to a certain race, but not have it listed in the build list. So give all entities everything, then remove the ability to build the stuff they shouldn't have. If an entity somehow finds a workshop from a different race they will be able to use it, but not build new ones.
as i recall it simply requires a [PERMITTED_REACTION:] added to the entity,tough it would be nice to add a reaction that allows copying the design for some workshops/races that produces a tool that can be taken to a blank workshop and use subtype-change to change it to the building of choice.
08:43 PM The wild animals and insects sang a merry tune and the trees performed a dance. I know you're trying to cheer me up, Vishnu, but that was actually a bit creepy.-Rhons

arbarbonif

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 11, 2015, 03:35:34 pm »

as i recall it simply requires a [PERMITTED_REACTION:] added to the entity,tough it would be nice to add a reaction that allows copying the design for some workshops/races that produces a tool that can be taken to a blank workshop and use subtype-change to change it to the building of choice.
If you can have the reaction check the race of the unit doing it, it could theoretically give you a way for a gnome to unlock gnome workshops in dwarf mode (or vice versa).

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #52 on: December 11, 2015, 03:42:49 pm »

If you can have the reaction check the race of the unit doing it, it could theoretically give you a way for a gnome to unlock gnome workshops in dwarf mode (or vice versa).
Its possible.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Dozebôm Lolumzalěs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #53 on: December 11, 2015, 08:33:50 pm »

How neat! Then perhaps Humans will be able to get all races of visitors and build all sorts of neat workshops!
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Talanic

• Bay Watcher
  • Struggling author / pizza delivery guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 11, 2015, 11:47:44 pm »

Huh.  Wouldn't that imply that you could create reactions permitted to nobody or to null civilizations and create DFHack reactions that would unlock them in-game through you performing other actions?
I'm an aspiring Science Fiction and Fantasy writer.  I'm telling the tale of a hapless cyborg everyman lost in a savage fantasy world.

My first review from a real magazine!

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 12, 2015, 12:06:32 am »

Yeah.

LMeire

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Troglodytes for their horradorability.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 12, 2015, 12:35:33 am »

What about having powerful workshops and/or reactions restricted to using a certain item of artifact quality as a catalyst? That could open up lots of magical possibilities without making them too easy to get in every game. It'd also make a nice opportunity to throw in a bunch of mythological references like Odin's Draupnir or Hades' Helm of Darkness.
"☼Perfection☼ in the job puts pleasure in the work." - Uristotle

jimboo

• Bay Watcher
  • Bastart
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 12, 2015, 07:12:42 am »

Second that motion.

The Easter Eggs of mythology and Sci-Fi are some of the best parts of DF and ☼MasterWork☼.  And fortunately for us, Meph has an interesting sense of humor:  a dwarf in the Tavern reads “a seemingly endless poem that nobody much remembers, about burning elephants,” and so raises the Creativity of everybody within 25 tiles (BoatMurdered).    A scribe copies The Tale of Cryptig for the library and who knows how many players are introduced by that to one of the more amazing DF episodes? 

Odin’s gifts including Draupnir were actually worked by dwarves in the first place so, it’s a good fit.  Yeah, I had to Wiki that.
Good walls make for good neighbors. -- Urist Frost
Avatar photo credit: NomeDaBoy@Worth1000.com, reposted from BoingBoing.net (great site)

moseythepirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Congratulations, you've managed to weaponize air.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 15, 2015, 12:36:19 am »

Man, I am HUGELY excited for masterwork getting updated.
Congratulations, you've managed to weaponize air.

jhoson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 15, 2015, 04:20:17 am »

Display cases from 0.34, i miss then so much.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11