Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 31

Author Topic: 42.XX Adventure thread  (Read 57602 times)

Comito

• Bay Watcher
  • Barrens chat scribe
    • View Profile
Re: 42.XX Adventure thread
« Reply #390 on: December 13, 2015, 01:53:47 am »

There are some larger animal people. The Hyena men are 65000 and even Capybara man is ~59000 .. Can you play as an Orca man? They grow up to be 2500000

no, because they are full aquatic.  You can play as an Elephant Seal Man, which should be the largest available in stock. 

They have some funny movement modes (when you try to sprint, for example), and can go directly into water without using force-movement commands (which is nice for crossing streams and such -- except you still have to leave the travel map)

Spidermen are 35,000 cm3. They're literally not even a metre, if we're going with the supposed average human height I just gave above!

Yeah, even things like coconut crab men are about 35k.  Even though they are huge (HUGE!) for crabs, they're not half a human.  Most bugs and snakes and crabs and things smaller than half-human size get increased to about 35000.  A few rare things are smaller.

You only get bigger if the animal its self might be larger than a man.  Wild Boar Men are slightly bigger than human size, and can wear human sized equipment.  Real wild boars used to be pretty big, though most modern ones are not.  They can still get up to 450kg, for the Ussuri variety.

Leopard seal men are 235,000. I've been playing one as a merciless biter.

snakeydorf

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: December 13, 2015, 04:32:22 am »

Seems like snake people aren't allowed to dance. There goes my dream of an epic snake lady belly dancer :( Thankfully there's still a lot of other stuff to explore.
Oddly enough, a raven man I've made also has the same problem. Instead of dancing around he's only chanting. While I can understand to some extent snake people being unable to dance due to a lack of legs, I'm quite sure ravens have them. Is it possible this has something to do with the default form of movement for different creatures (crawling for snakes, flying for birds)?

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: December 13, 2015, 04:53:52 am »

Seems like snake people aren't allowed to dance. There goes my dream of an epic snake lady belly dancer :( Thankfully there's still a lot of other stuff to explore.
Oddly enough, a raven man I've made also has the same problem. Instead of dancing around he's only chanting. While I can understand to some extent snake people being unable to dance due to a lack of legs, I'm quite sure ravens have them. Is it possible this has something to do with the default form of movement for different creatures (crawling for snakes, flying for birds)?
I remember dancing before with a snake person? must be a new update thing.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

snakeydorf

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: December 13, 2015, 06:10:24 am »

Well, technically speaking you can begin a performance -> dance, however during said performance I've never received even a single information about how well or badly my character's dancing. Instead I get a bunch of chanting done

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: December 13, 2015, 09:10:26 am »

Well, technically speaking you can begin a performance -> dance, however during said performance I've never received even a single information about how well or badly my character's dancing. Instead I get a bunch of chanting done
as a blackmamba person I got into a wardance.

though I do notice snake people can't partner dance.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2015, 09:13:52 am by Rumrusher »
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: December 13, 2015, 09:26:15 am »

First: if you have an outsider and access to a library with writing materials or a reaction to make them, you can retire them and make another character from a civ, that character can then go write down dance moves, songs, poems, etc, and leave them for your outsider: awesome.

Second, while doing this I made a big burly wrestler guy and got drunk and started puking all over a tavern and then I got an awful idea... and it worked... and I don't know why it is so funny but oh god is it funny as hell.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #396 on: December 13, 2015, 10:10:14 am »

First: if you have an outsider and access to a library with writing materials or a reaction to make them, you can retire them and make another character from a civ, that character can then go write down dance moves, songs, poems, etc, and leave them for your outsider: awesome.

Second, while doing this I made a big burly wrestler guy and got drunk and started puking all over a tavern and then I got an awful idea... and it worked... and I don't know why it is so funny but oh god is it funny as hell.

Oh my god what did you DO.

Btw, do you actually have a reaction to make writing stuff in adv mode? If you do, mind posting it?

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: December 13, 2015, 10:26:19 am »

SO MUCH VOMIT!

It stays when you travel too, that's permanent!

I use this instead of regular parchment mats atm because I've gotta work those back into the templates properly.

Code: [Select]
[REACTION:LEATHERWORKS_ADV]
[NAME:+-- Leather working --+]
[ADVENTURE_MODE_ENABLED]
[SKILL:KNAPPING]

[REACTION:TAN_LEATHER_ADV]
[NAME:tan raw skin]
[ADVENTURE_MODE_ENABLED]
[REAGENT:carver:1:WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_DAGGER_LARGE:NONE:NONE][PRESERVE_REAGENT]
[REAGENT:A:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE][USE_BODY_COMPONENT][UNROTTEN]
[HAS_MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:TAN_MAT]
[PRODUCT:100:3:SKIN_TANNED:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:TAN_MAT]
[SKILL:TANNER]

Then these all work as expected except the paper I am still tinkering with and I am sure it will work but haven't yet made a book, I keep forgetting to add the book binding item reaction.

Ugh, you gotta replace the cleaned bone items too, I'm sleepy but I'll do it later if you haven't yourself. They're a hacky tool workaround I used for the stack of bones problem before, haven't fully tested if it is fixed yet actually...
[REACTION:BOOKBINDING_ADV]
[NAME:+-- Bookbinding --+]
[ADVENTURE_MODE_ENABLED]
[SKILL:WRITING]

[REACTION:MAKE_SCROLL_ROLLERS_ADV]
[NAME:make bone scroll rollers]
[ADVENTURE_MODE_ENABLED]
[REAGENT:cleaned bone:1:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_BONE_CLEAN:NONE:NONE]
[PRODUCT:100:1:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_SCROLL_ROLLERS:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:cleaned bone:NONE]
[SKILL:BONECARVE]

[REACTION:MAKE_PARCHMENT_ADV]
[NAME:make parchment]
[ADVENTURE_MODE_ENABLED]
[REAGENT:leather:1:SKIN_TANNED:NONE:NONE:NONE]
[PRODUCT:100:3:SHEET:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:leather:NONE]
[SKILL:LEATHERWORK]

[REACTION:MAKE_SHEET_FROM_PLANT_ADV]
[NAME:make sheet from plant]
[ADVENTURE_MODE_ENABLED]
[REAGENT:plant:1:PLANT:NONE:NONE:NONE]
[UNROTTEN]
[PRODUCT:100:10000:SHEET:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:plant:NONE]
[PRODUCT_PRESSED]
[PRODUCT:100:1:SEEDS:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:plant:SEED_MAT]
[SKILL:PAPERMAKING]

[REACTION:MAKE_SCROLL_ADV]
[NAME:make scroll]
[ADVENTURE_MODE_ENABLED]
[REAGENT:sheet:1:SHEET:NONE:NONE:NONE]
[REAGENT:scroll rollers:1:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_SCROLL_ROLLERS:NONE:NONE]
[PRODUCT:100:1:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_SCROLL:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:sheet:NONE]
[PRODUCT_TOKEN:scroll]
[IMPROVEMENT:100:scroll:SPECIFIC:ROLLERS:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:scroll rollers:NONE]
[SKILL:BOOKBINDING]

[REACTION:MAKE_QUIRE_ADV]
[NAME:make quire]
[ADVENTURE_MODE_ENABLED]
[REAGENT:sheet:10000:SHEET:NONE:NONE:NONE]
[PRODUCT:100:1:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_QUIRE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:sheet:NONE]

[REACTION:BIND_BOOK_ADV]
[NAME:bind book]
[ADVENTURE_MODE_ENABLED]
[REAGENT:quire:1:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_QUIRE:NONE:NONE]
[HAS_WRITING_IMPROVEMENT]
[CAN_USE_ARTIFACT]
[CAN_USE_LOCATION_RESERVED]
[REAGENT:binding:1:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_BOOK_BINDING:NONE:NONE]
[REAGENT:thread:15000:THREAD:NONE:NONE:NONE]
[PRODUCT:100:1:BOOK:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:binding:NONE]
[PRODUCT_TOKEN:book]
[TRANSFER_ARTIFACT_STATUS]
[IMPROVEMENT:100:book:PAGES:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:quire:NONE]
note -- right now, the above will auto-pull any writing from the quire and place it in the pages improvement

Still testing these but I think they won't explode and leave you buried under 10,000 sheets anymore... and yes that can happen, I haven't tested the book one but you get the general idea. I tried to get parchment to work but it was fucking up so I just hacked in the hide trick until I figure it out better.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2015, 10:28:22 am by Max™ »

Aleksanderus

• Bay Watcher
  • Champion of the unknown
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: December 13, 2015, 11:22:15 am »

Basically I'm selling corpses to museum (bonecarver's shop) and it looks like I'm not cursed  :P
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
And also I have written a guide but I don't have got a screenshot :'(

And great conversations and my great title

And my title has changed (I didn't change it) proroably becouse I am a murderer of everyone

And I have got a question: why are titles of adventurers changing?
his title changed to "thruthful chills"
Also known as : "Believe me when I say this guy is a psychotic murderer".

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: December 13, 2015, 11:28:43 am »

Genning a new large island with 1050 years of history is going to take most the day, so I have plenty of time to browse this thread. I tried loading a previous adventurer in this version, but I forgot that I had left off in a laggy goblin fortress. All of my needs in this version are 'Undisturbed', so I guess I'm a complete ice man. iirc, dfhack could edit those, but there was never a point to it in previous versions.

I don't know if I can enjoy this without being able to use the fortress skills, like digging, wood-cutting, cooking and especially engraving, which has become my thing. I wonder how people will react to those? I might suffer withdrawal while waiting for the new version of dfhack.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #400 on: December 13, 2015, 11:49:45 am »

Any creature can dance, but you can only dance if you know a dance.  This depends on your civ, which can be random for animal people.
If you don't know a dance, you can sometimes learn one by watching a performer.  Not sure if it's species-dependent, but I don't think it matters, logical or not.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: December 13, 2015, 01:19:01 pm »

Btw, do you actually have a reaction to make writing stuff in adv mode? If you do, mind posting it?

And alternative is to not even bother with sheets, and use a tool as a stand-in. I'll offer my own examples.

[REACTION:MAKE_PAPER_ADV]
[NAME:press plant into crude paper/papyrus]
[ADVENTURE_MODE_ENABLED]
[REAGENT:mortar:1:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_MORTAR:NONE:NONE][PRESERVE_REAGENT]
[REAGENT:pestle:1:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_PESTLE:NONE:NONE][PRESERVE_REAGENT]
[REAGENT:plant:1:PLANT:NONE:NONE:NONE]
[HAS_MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:PULP_MAT]
[UNROTTEN]
[PRODUCT:100:1:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_SHEET:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:plant:PULP_MAT]
[PRODUCT_PRESSED]
[SKILL:PAPERMAKING]

[REACTION:MAKE_PARCHMENT_ADV]
[NAME:dry skin into crude parchment]
[ADVENTURE_MODE_ENABLED]
[REAGENT:scraper:1:WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_DAGGER_LARGE:NONE:NONE][PRESERVE_REAGENT]
[REAGENT:A:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE][USE_BODY_COMPONENT][UNROTTEN][DOES_NOT_DETERMINE_PRODUCT_AMOUNT]
[HAS_MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:PARCHMENT_MAT]
[PRODUCT:100:1:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_SHEET:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:PARCHMENT_MAT]
[SKILL:TANNER]

[REACTION:CARVE_WOOD_ROLLER_ADV]
[NAME:carve wooden scroll rollers]
[ADVENTURE_MODE_ENABLED]
[REAGENT:wood:1:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_BRANCH:NONE:NONE][REACTION_CLASS:CARVE_WOOD]
[PRODUCT:100:1:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_SCROLL_ROLLERS:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:wood:NONE]
[SKILL:WOODCRAFT]

[REACTION:MAKE_SCROLL_ADV]
[NAME:make scroll]
[ADVENTURE_MODE_ENABLED]
[REAGENT:crude sheet:1:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_SHEET:NONE:NONE]
[REAGENT:scroll rollers:1:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_SCROLL_ROLLERS:NONE:NONE]
[PRODUCT:100:1:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_SCROLL:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:crude sheet:NONE][DOES_NOT_DETERMINE_PRODUCT_AMOUNT]
[PRODUCT_TOKEN:scroll]
[IMPROVEMENT:100:scroll:SPECIFIC:ROLLERS:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:scroll rollers:NONE]

[REACTION:MAKE_QUIRE_ADV]
[NAME:make quire]
[ADVENTURE_MODE_ENABLED]
[REAGENT:crude sheet:1:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_SHEET:NONE:NONE]
[PRODUCT:100:1:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_QUIRE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:crude sheet:NONE]

These examples will require adding "faked" growths to the relevant plants, PULP_MAT references in their structural materials that cite the right results for paper, pseudotools for branches and crude sheets, and of course growths on trees that return the fake branches.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Klitri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: December 13, 2015, 01:48:16 pm »

Just discovered a goblin army is coming to destroy my dwarven hillock hometown, so I spoke to the Queen about it.

A conversation option after mentioning the army.

"Join me to be rescued!"

Sure enough, I'm leading her up to a dwarven fortress in the mountain now, where the Queen SHOULD be. Amazing though, never knew I could rescue her. I wonder who else is rescuable?
"A giant cave bat, a giant cave swallow, and a troll wander into my fort's cagetraps..."

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: December 13, 2015, 01:55:58 pm »

Sure enough, I'm leading her up to a dwarven fortress in the mountain now, where the Queen SHOULD be. Amazing though, never knew I could rescue her. I wonder who else is rescuable?

Pretty much everyone in town should be rescuable, I think.

Which means the easiest way to get a free mob of meatshieds, for the biggest swarm of companions (depending on town population) short of necromancy.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #404 on: December 13, 2015, 02:57:20 pm »

Dance at soldiers and get dozens of companions. Heh.
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 31