Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 31

Author Topic: 42.XX Adventure thread  (Read 57603 times)

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: 42.XX Adventure thread
« Reply #375 on: December 12, 2015, 02:37:44 pm »

"Oh hai guys I'm a kobold an-"

"N-never mind."
On DF Wiki ˇ On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #376 on: December 12, 2015, 03:19:50 pm »

These bandits thought they were simply going to rob a bard in the streets... they didn't know he was also a skilled fighter.....

I was the "official performer" for a village (remember that), however, I decided I wanted to hit the big time, so I left, with a guard to go to the nearest city, we were ambushed by bandits on the way there, and this happened. They killed my guard.

I was able to defeat them and scare off the last one..and now off to play music.

« Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 03:43:03 pm by Untrustedlife »
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: December 12, 2015, 04:38:41 pm »

Well, I am disappoint. The local kobold bandits don't want to join me.

Well. Time to become a vampire and see if I can raid that tower. Trying and failing to FIND it first.
On DF Wiki ˇ On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Anonymax

• Bay Watcher
  • Rated "D" For Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: December 12, 2015, 05:39:03 pm »

pwahahah
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: December 12, 2015, 05:47:58 pm »

In Soviet Russia, chocolate eats you.
On DF Wiki ˇ On DFFD

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: December 12, 2015, 07:38:05 pm »

Just got the option to play as a Tiger Man. I am disappointed I can't eat human meat.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: December 12, 2015, 08:20:19 pm »

Human meat eating seems to be broken right now.
Although, remember you're not a wild tigerman, you're a tigerman brought up by humans and dwarves subject to their ethics (as the game works right now) so probably won't eat human meat anyway.

Unless you're actually from an Elf civ, in which case...human meat eating is broken right now.

Dozebôm Lolumzalěs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #382 on: December 12, 2015, 08:45:43 pm »

so I check the raws for Brown recluse spiders and they have NOFEAR... also webber which is weird considering Brown Recluse Spider people can't spin webs.
They don't spin, but I think they can shot web.
Huh? Same difference... They can spin webs and shoot them at people, that's the only implementation of spinning.

(Unless you mean the webs present at embark, but I don't see how you could show that Brown Recluse Spider Man webs never show up at embark...)
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: December 12, 2015, 08:46:23 pm »

Although, remember you're not a wild tigerman, you're a tigerman brought up by humans and dwarves subject to their ethics (as the game works right now) so probably won't eat human meat anyway.

Unless you're actually from an Elf civ, in which case...human meat eating is broken right now.

Human meat is also broken if you play an outsider, or mod native goblins/kobolds to be playable.
On DF Wiki ˇ On DFFD

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: December 12, 2015, 08:56:07 pm »

Human meat is also broken if you play an outsider, or mod native goblins/kobolds to be playable.

Yeah, tiger man from an elven civ.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: December 12, 2015, 11:17:18 pm »

Yeah, that's what I meant by broken. Tigerman from a Dwarf civ not being able to eat sentient meat is, while not necessarily perfect, expected behaviour. Elves, Elf civ characters, modded-in goblins and outsiders should be able to eat delicious brains. 

Possibly intelligent wilderness creatures too? At least, while out of sight of polite company. These guys were born in the wild and presumably some were raised on sentient flesh.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: December 12, 2015, 11:40:13 pm »

Plus, what if I want to play a dragon? o3o
On DF Wiki ˇ On DFFD

Roxfall

• Bay Watcher
  • Evrywundies
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: December 12, 2015, 11:47:11 pm »

My four followers and I had a river incident.

We were but four elves and a dwarf heading south of the snow-covered mountains, and we finally come across a lovely river teeming with life: alligators, snapping turtles, camels all around.

I thought, hey, maybe if I stay near the shore I can learn how to swim provided my friends chill and don't come near.

Well, the elf with the crossbow decided that snapping turtle had it coming, and shot it, injuring it but not killing it.

The turtle gave in to the pain and passed out at the bottom of the river.

And then I saw the dwarf run in there, waving his mace above his head.

Plunk.

All that steel and iron armor is not buoyant as it turns out, and he started floundering in the water.

I only had a moment to consider how to get him out. I was hoping he'd get out on his own. But something else happened before he or I could do anything about it.

The river suddenly and instantly froze solid. The sun was beginning to set and the temperature dropped.

Bam!

The dwarf got encased in ice.

I started a bunch of campfires on the ice, that didn't accomplish anything.

We camped out beside the river to see if it would melt the next day, maybe fish his body out and get the nice armor off him.

Turns out, the river did unfreeze shortly before noon. Both the dwarf and the turtle were long dead.

And while I was stacking my gear in a nice pile to make it easier for me to swim with less of a load, one of the other elves (the crossbow-wielding idiot) jumped into the water before I did. Not even sure why, but he ended up floundering in the same exact spot as the dwarf. Did he see something shiny?

Thinking quick, I ran over and tried to do a wrestling move, to grab him by upper torso and throw him out of the river.

That almost worked. I grabbed him, ignoring his protests, and then received a crossbow bolt in the chest.

Thankfully that steel breastplate was still on and it got deflected.

The throw did not get the jerk out of the water, and he drowned a few moments later.

The remaining three elves fled from the river, before it had a chance to take more of them to its icy depths.

-----

The most painful part is that I took most of the day looking for steel and iron gear for these guys, visiting no less than three fortresses to outfit them for adventures. They were fully decked out in the best barter stuff available.

Lesson of the day: Shift-P tells you how cold the air is. If it's freezing, stay the hell away from water.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: December 12, 2015, 11:52:49 pm »

Well. I've got a headless, neckless reanimated corpse and a reanimated neck.

Totally enough to take on the nearest hamlet.
On DF Wiki ˇ On DFFD

Klitri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: December 13, 2015, 12:41:13 am »

Amazing fun! I'm currently huddled into one of the foreign human keeps of my world with my band of bards, and while most of the group sleeps I'm having deep conversation with one of the musicians in my group. We're discussing values, early in the morning, it's really cute.
"A giant cave bat, a giant cave swallow, and a troll wander into my fort's cagetraps..."
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 31