Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 137

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.43.x QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 201445 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.43.x QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #1665 on: April 03, 2017, 03:23:07 pm »

meat and bones.

Used to be that critters could accidentally choke while eating bones. That may or may not still be the case.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Shub-Nullgurath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #1666 on: April 05, 2017, 03:25:58 am »

I'm getting this error:
Code: [Select]
Unrecognized Body Part Flag Token: TAIL
TAURUS:Attack TAIL_STRIKE seems to have correct format but could not find proper BPs in any caste, so not added

The bodyplan is:
BODY:HUMANOID_NECK:TAIL:2EYES:NOSE:2LUNGS:HEART:GUTS:ORGANS:HUMANOID_JOINTS:THROAT:NECK:SPINE:BRAIN:SKULL:4FINGERS:4TOES:MOUTH:TONGUE:GENERIC_TEETH:RIBCAGE]
The attack is:
[ATTACK:TAIL_STRIKE:BODYPART:BY_TYPE:TAIL]
[ATTACK_SKILL:STANCE_STRIKE]
[ATTACK_VERB:tail strike:tail strikes]
[ATTACK_CONTACT_PERC:100]
[ATTACK_PRIORITY:SECOND]
[ATTACK_FLAG_WITH]
[ATTACK_PREPARE_AND_RECOVER:3:3]
Anyone got any idea what's going wrong?

Found the problem: It was BY_PART instead of BY_CATEGORY.

meat and bones.

Used to be that critters could accidentally choke while eating bones. That may or may not still be the case.

Thanks, hopefully that won't happen to the lizardmen!
« Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 03:33:19 am by Shub-Nullgurath »

Lemtoad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1667 on: April 05, 2017, 10:45:36 pm »

What determines how well a civ fares in world generation?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1668 on: April 06, 2017, 12:27:45 am »

A lot of stuff.
-The anatomy and size of the creature that makes up the population
-the types of equipment (both weapons and armor) they have available and the materials they can make them out of
-the resources they can use (elves for instance are restricted from using metals) including food sources
-whether they live in a cave or a proper site and the animals they have available
-their civ's ethics in comparison to other civs ethics (if two civs vary wildly on a particular subject, such as dwarves being willing to kill any plant or animal and elves finding this an unthinkable crime, they are more likely to go to war, and thus one or both to be wiped out)
-whether or not they're a BABYSNATCHER or ITEM_THIEF
-The size of the biome they start in and whether they're able to settle into other types of biomes or are restricted to it.

Then during world generation they're thrown into the pot at the mercy of the RNG and the neighbors that they just so happen to have spawned adjacent to, and those neighbors dispositions towards them and relative strengths.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Shub-Nullgurath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #1669 on: April 07, 2017, 05:59:47 am »

The wiki claims that [MEGABEAST] and [SEMIMEGABEAST] are caste level tags. Is this the case?

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1670 on: April 07, 2017, 01:10:50 pm »

I've limited megabeast spawns with normal castes showing up as civ populations properly like that, so yeah, I used that for my on-hold KSBD mod project.

Shub-Nullgurath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #1671 on: April 09, 2017, 02:11:40 pm »

Does anyone know if it's possible to randomly generate gems from a butchering? Like ANY_HARD_STONE but gems instead?

Like I have this:
[EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT:BY_CATEGORY:BODY]
[EBO_ITEM:ROUGH:NO_SUBTYPE:INORGANIC:ANY_GEM]

But it obviously doesn't work because it's creating "rough gems" instead of something of worth.

I've limited megabeast spawns with normal castes showing up as civ populations properly like that, so yeah, I used that for my on-hold KSBD mod project.

Awesome, thanks.

Asin

• Bay Watcher
  • A short and sturdy creature fond of modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1672 on: April 09, 2017, 09:35:36 pm »

Is it possible to add things to the item_food.txt file?

Like adding in another [LEVEL:4] kind of meal, perhaps?

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1673 on: April 09, 2017, 09:53:27 pm »

Does anyone know if it's possible to randomly generate gems from a butchering? Like ANY_HARD_STONE but gems instead?

Like I have this:
[EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT:BY_CATEGORY:BODY]
[EBO_ITEM:ROUGH:NO_SUBTYPE:INORGANIC:ANY_GEM]

But it obviously doesn't work because it's creating "rough gems" instead of something of worth.

wrong Item... [EBO_ITEM:SMALLGEM:NONE:INORGANIC:EMERALD].

ANY_GEM if I remember right is only usable in reactions to allow any gem to be used as a reagent.  It doesn't produce random gems.   I don't think ANY_HARD_STONE would work either... but the way you said it, leads me to believe you got it to work?   anyways good luck.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1674 on: April 09, 2017, 09:57:10 pm »

[INORGANIC:ANY_GEM] isn't a real thing. That should just give you either magma or random inorganics, including metals, minerals and rocks.

Shub-Nullgurath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #1675 on: April 10, 2017, 01:08:49 pm »

Anyone have any idea if it's possible for a creature to spawn knowing a secret (as in, not knowing the sphere, just knowing the secret)?

Is it possible to add things to the item_food.txt file?

Like adding in another [LEVEL:4] kind of meal, perhaps?

Just add them in and change some names around, people did it for years.

wrong Item... [EBO_ITEM:SMALLGEM:NONE:INORGANIC:EMERALD].

ANY_GEM if I remember right is only usable in reactions to allow any gem to be used as a reagent.  It doesn't produce random gems.   I don't think ANY_HARD_STONE would work either... but the way you said it, leads me to believe you got it to work?   anyways good luck.

ANY_HARD_STONE explicitly works because it's used for crocodiles. I think I'll just put in a pile of junk as the EBO and players can randomly find gems in it.

[INORGANIC:ANY_GEM] isn't a real thing. That should just give you either magma or random inorganics, including metals, minerals and rocks.

It gives "rough gems" which is the weirdest bug I've seen in awhile.

Do you know how to select a random inorganic, then?

Witty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1676 on: April 10, 2017, 06:59:53 pm »

Do megabeasts with the SUBTERRANEAN_CHASM biome work? As in, will they successfully attack a fortress once the attack triggers are met? Will they attack forts during worldgen like forgotten beasts?
Quote from: Toady One
I understand that it is disappointing when a dwarf makes a spiked loincloth instead of an axe.

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1677 on: April 11, 2017, 11:59:58 am »

What happens if you increase the number of monarchs? (i.e. change NUMBER:1 to NUMBER:2) Once your fort reaches the correct level will both Monarchs come?

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #1678 on: April 11, 2017, 05:02:19 pm »

What happens if you increase the number of monarchs? (i.e. change NUMBER:1 to NUMBER:2) Once your fort reaches the correct level will both Monarchs come?
I think so.

What usage hint do I put in an interaction to make something use it all the time? I don't think no hint works any more. Every hint, maybe?

Shub-Nullgurath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #1679 on: April 12, 2017, 05:44:31 am »

Does anyone know what the CE_ERRATIC_BEHAVIOUR syndrome does?
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 137