Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 137

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.43.x QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 201432 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.42.x QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #315 on: January 01, 2016, 02:00:30 pm »

What are the "sides" in worldgen? I remember there's four made of different combinations of [BABYSNATCHER] and [ITEM_THIEF], plus [UTTERANCES] and some others that are on their own.
The "sides"as they are are as follow: [BABYSNATCHER], [ITEM_THIEF], [BABYSNATCHER] and [ITEM_THIEF], [UTTERANCES], no [INTELLIGENT], [CRAZED] (don't know if playable), [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] (certainly not playable, game over on embark), none of the above. Keep in mind that wars can still happen between "matching" entities if the ethics conflict.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: January 01, 2016, 02:50:27 pm »

I'm pretty sure at least one of those is so that they're all on their own sides because they can't communicate. I'll try [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] next.

As for game overs, I'm going to take it off before I play. This is just for an interesting worldgen.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: January 01, 2016, 05:59:08 pm »

I'm pretty sure at least one of those is so that they're all on their own sides because they can't communicate. I'll try [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] next.

As for game overs, I'm going to take it off before I play. This is just for an interesting worldgen.
Three, actually. Utterances and lack of Intelligent prevent treaties, causing perpetual war. Crazed does that too, but by making them hostile to everything else.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: January 01, 2016, 06:05:37 pm »

Not in worldgen, apparently. I wanted war and got some war, but what I really wanted was massive battles raging across the continent, cities being crushed beneath conquerors' feet, and demons being killed by giant elephants.

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: January 01, 2016, 06:53:08 pm »

Massive battles can be had by increasing MAX_POP_NUMBER and MAX_SITE_POP_NUMBER in the raws. You can encourage war by playing with ethics, and the wiki page has a description on how that works at the bottom of the page -- including a nice little chart. By making sure that most civs are fully opposed to one another ideologically you should see much more warfare.

To keep the wars raging, you'll want to give them Utterances. While ITEM_THIEF makes them hostile to all civilizations that lack ITEM_THIEF, and BABYSNATCHER will make them hostile to all civs lacking BABYSNATCHER, neither of the two, in my experience, will create all-out warfare. The hostility exists because they are kidnappers and thieves, not because they're at war with anyone.
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: January 01, 2016, 07:27:11 pm »

I'll try utterances, though it's a last resort.

On a similar note, why do goblins almost always "win"? They always have the highest pop count of any race. The only race I've ever seen conquer them is humans, occasionally with the assistance of some elves and their aforesaid giant elephants.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: January 01, 2016, 07:29:49 pm »

They're immortal and do not need to eat or drink.

Dark Archon

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice Mathematician
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: January 01, 2016, 07:34:27 pm »

Okay, I am trying to adapt golems from Masterwork ('cause waiting for version for 42 is going to take forever and I don't like too many features anyway). I did transfer golems as pets: you can buy them at embark and they are available at Arena. My problem is that I can't create them. I did transfer Golemforge and can build it, but it always says to me "no tasks available, check your raw materials", which is strange, because I have that I require.
Changed somewhat code for copper golem creation:

[REACTION:GOLEM_COPPER_LIFE_HAMMER]
   [NAME:Create copper hammergolem]
   [BUILDING:GOLEM:CUSTOM_SHIFT_C]
   [REAGENT:A:1:WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_HAMMER_WAR:INORGANIC:COPPER]
   [REAGENT:B:150:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:METAL:COPPER]
   [PRODUCT:100:1:BOULDER:NONE:INORGANIC:GOLEM_STONE_COPPER_HAMMER]
   [PRODUCT:75:1:WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_HAMMER_WAR:INORGANIC:COPPER]
   [SKILL:FORGE_WEAPON]

I do have GOLEM_STONE_COPPER_HAMMER in inorganic_golem:
[INORGANIC:GOLEM_STONE_COPPER_HAMMER]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:STONE_VAPOR_TEMPLATE]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:ALL_SOLID:blinding flash of light]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:LIQUID:molten failure stone33]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:GAS:Copper Hammergolem]
    [SYNDROME]   [SYN_CLASS:AUTO_SYNDROME][SYN_CLASS:COMMAND]

[SYN_CLASS:WORKER_ID]

[SYN_NAME:golem]
         [SYN_CONTACT]
         [SYN_INHALED]
         [SYN_AFFECTED_CREATURE:DWARF:ALL]
         [CE_BODY_TRANSFORMATION:START:0]
            [CE:CREATURE:GOLEM:COPPER_HAMMER]
[CE_DISPLAY_NAME:NAME:Hammergolem:Hammergolems:Hammergolem:START:0]
      [CE_PHYS_ATT_CHANGE:STRENGTH:150:0:AGILITY:150:0:TOUGHNESS:150:0:START:0]
      [CE_MATERIAL_FORCE_MULTIPLIER:MAT_MULT:NONE:NONE:1:2]
[CE_ADD_TAG:NO_AGING:NOT_LIVING:EXTRAVISION:NOPAIN:NOBREATHE:NONAUSEA:NO_DIZZINESS:NO_FEVERS:NOEMOTION:PARALYZEIMMUNE:NOFEAR:NO_EAT:NO_DRINK:NO_SLEEP:NO_PHYS_ATT_GAIN:NO_PHYS_ATT_RUST:STERILE:TRANCES:LIKESFIGHTING:START:0]
[CE_REMOVE_TAG:CAN_SPEAK:CAN_LEARN:START:0]
[DISPLAY_COLOR:4:4:1][TILE:'*']
[MELTING_POINT:9000]
[BOILING_POINT:905]
[SOLID_DENSITY:55520]
[MATERIAL_VALUE:1]
, so I don't see obvious problems. Can someone help?
P.S. Don't pretend to be author of the code, just adapting it to my needs.
Maybe you are dreaming right now.

"Meh, what's scientific progress without a few dead planets?"

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: January 01, 2016, 07:35:23 pm »

They're immortal and do not need to eat or drink.
My theory was that it's the dark fortresses. They have a huge maximum capacity, so the goblins can outbreed the other races and don't have to build new places.

I think it's humans that conquer them because 1. Humans are big and that tilts things in their favor and 2. Sometimes the RNG spits out just the right values that humans need to be conquerors.

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #324 on: January 01, 2016, 09:59:58 pm »

Is it possible to require magma under a furnace? I'm trying to make a "magma extractor" furnace.

Edit: Nevermind, it's [NEEDS_MAGMA]. I should learn to do a simple Google search before I post here.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 10:03:40 pm by jwoodward48df »
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Urlance Woolsbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: January 01, 2016, 10:02:33 pm »

I'll try utterances, though it's a last resort.

On a similar note, why do goblins almost always "win"? They always have the highest pop count of any race. The only race I've ever seen conquer them is humans, occasionally with the assistance of some elves and their aforesaid giant elephants.
I recently genned a world where the elves conquered them. I'm not sure how common that is, though.
"Hey papa, your dandruff is melting my skin. Is that normal?"
"SKREEEONK!!!"
"Yes, daddy."

Dark Archon

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice Mathematician
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: January 02, 2016, 07:04:54 am »

I did transfer Golemforge and can build it, but it always says to me "no tasks available, check your raw materials", which is strange, because I have that I require.
Okay, it continues to say that even after I removed all reagents from reactions, so the problem isn't in the access to materials or need in them. What else can this be?
Maybe you are dreaming right now.

"Meh, what's scientific progress without a few dead planets?"

Jerry The Hellbound

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional "Knife-ear" torturer 1-800-elfgod
    • View Profile
    • This is also for my Custom Race: Solari!
« Reply #327 on: January 02, 2016, 09:16:53 am »

I've been trying to make a race that can actually, excrete? No that mean sweating... you know. What women do when they breast feed, that. Milk, yes, milk. However I haven't been able to, what I'm looking for is for it to be used in adventure mode, I was thinking of using breathe fire as a template but I hasn't really worked out... Help?
Jerry.
This is also for my Custom Race: Solari! (Currently outdated)
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=155455.0
Also made that awesome avatar. took me hours with Gimp: (also the two light & dark sprites are from Stardew Valley)
http://i.imgur.com/8x7aX7T.png

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruin... has come to our family.
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: January 02, 2016, 03:01:43 pm »

The wiki says that the plants' "_PERIOD" tokens are supposedly years. This doesn't seem plausible, as I'm sure that the trees had taken less than 10 years to grow a level in my last fort. So what do the numbers mean? Months?

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: January 02, 2016, 03:30:07 pm »

I found the pattern while screwing around with the tree spawner in Arena mode, since you can just plug in whatever number you want for the age.

It's most visible with mushroom caps, since those always come out the same shape. Spawn a tower cap (CAP_PERIOD:20, CAP_RADIUS:3) that's ten years old? Just a single-tile trunk with a little cap on top. 20 years? Same deal. 21 years? It's now a proper cap with a 3x3 base and peaks 4 levels up. 33 years? No change. 39 years? None. 41 years? Another step wider. 61 years? Maximum size. 9 centuries? Nothing new.

Are you talking about the times saplings take to mature into "proper" trees? I have no idea how those work.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 137