Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 137

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.43.x QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 201312 times)

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.42.x QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #195 on: December 19, 2015, 05:24:54 pm »

I am trying to make material that gives improved SENSE_CREATURE_CLASS ability

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Is there a way to sense zombies and cursed creatures? (with custom secret interactions but without transforming creatures).

Neat idea.

Uh, I think you'd have to disable the procedural secrets and use your own with a creature_class:undead or whatnot.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: December 19, 2015, 05:43:01 pm »

It did produce the same error, it just did not log it into the errorlog.
Fair enough. Cheers.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: December 19, 2015, 05:48:58 pm »

Is it possible to tie a creature's interaction to a specific bodypart, without making that interaction require the same body part for a different creature with that interaction?

For example: You have a "fire breathing" interaction. Dragons can use this interaction only if an internal body part, the "fire gland," is in tact. Meanwhile, a modded creature, Fire Mephits, can breathe fire whenever they want regardless as they don't have that body part to begin with. 

...Is it even possible to tie interactions to specific bodyparts in the first place?
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

thedonkified

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: December 19, 2015, 06:16:11 pm »

Is it possible to tie a creature's interaction to a specific bodypart, without making that interaction require the same body part for a different creature with that interaction?

For example: You have a "fire breathing" interaction. Dragons can use this interaction only if an internal body part, the "fire gland," is in tact. Meanwhile, a modded creature, Fire Mephits, can breathe fire whenever they want regardless as they don't have that body part to begin with. 

...Is it even possible to tie interactions to specific bodyparts in the first place?

Yeah, with the CDI:BP_REQUIRED token when giving a creature an interaction it can use in its raws.

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: December 19, 2015, 06:34:17 pm »

Yeah, with the CDI:BP_REQUIRED token when giving a creature an interaction it can use in its raws.
Neato, thanks
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

sv-esk

• Bay Watcher
  • sorry for my bad english
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: December 19, 2015, 06:40:46 pm »

Uh, I think you'd have to disable the procedural secrets and use your own with a creature_class:undead or whatnot.
Code: [Select]
SECRET_CUSTOM_ANIMATE_3:Unrecognized Interaction Token: CREATURE_CLASS
SECRET_CUSTOM_ANIMATE_3:Unrecognized Interaction Token: CE_CREATURE_CLASS
SECRET_CUSTOM_ANIMATE_3:Unrecognized Interaction Token: CE_ADD_CLASS
Unsupported CE add tag: CREATURE_CLASS
Unsupported CE add tag: TEST_SENSE
Custom secrets is ok, but it seems, interactions cannot add class to creature([SYN_CLASS] is syndrome class, not creature class), or I am missing something. The only way to add creature class with interaction is convert it to another creature, which has desired class. And I am not happy with this.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: December 19, 2015, 07:49:59 pm »

We know every single creature effect and interaction token, so just putting stuff in there won't help. You cannot add creature classes using syndrome effects except by body transformation, yeah.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: December 19, 2015, 07:57:35 pm »

What's the difference between creature class and Syndrome class? Is it a new thing?
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: December 19, 2015, 07:58:30 pm »

Syndrome classes have been around since 0.31.01 IIRC and they've always been two completely separate things.

thedonkified

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: December 19, 2015, 08:16:06 pm »

I'm confused with how temperature works, so can someone help explain it to me?

When setting the MAT_FIXED_TEMP of a material to some absurdly high number, anything it touches is not affected at all. Making the MAT_FIXED_TEMP none and setting the MELTING_POINT to a lower number like 9900, I was expecting something touched by the material through a liquid glob material emission interaction to not be affected at all. However, the complete opposite happened, and creatures touched by the material would melt wherever it was hit. Boiling, ignite, and heatdam point were set to temperatures higher than that of magma btw.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: December 19, 2015, 08:26:47 pm »

I mean, don't syndrome class and creature class both affect interaction targeting? Can't an interaction just add a syndrome that adds a class with an identical string to the creature class?

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: December 19, 2015, 10:19:41 pm »

Creature class gives the class to the creature, syndrome class gives class to syndromes. Interactions can only add syndrome classes fyi, creature classes are static.

Bilious Slick

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Also known as the Speaker of the Vast Croak.
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: December 19, 2015, 10:22:46 pm »

I need help. A lot of help. (...though I'm sure that's a given, considering the purpose of this thread.)

I've been trying to create a mod that adds three castes of psychics to humans, but my skill at modding could be described as "dabbling" at best and a few steps below "not" at worst, so lots of things aren't working the way I want them to and I have no idea how to even begin to fix them. I've read the wiki, used guides, and looked at the raws for both vanilla DF and other mods I've found, but I still feel like I hardly understand anything and have been making very little progress on my own. I don't want to bother people by making a bunch of posts - heck, it took a lot of self-encouragement just to make this one - so if anyone who can provide aid is willing to do so, please PM me!
Ceci n'est pas une signature.

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: December 19, 2015, 10:26:54 pm »

Will probably be better if you post your problem here. More minds to trash it out, besides being more convenient than PM. What do you want to know?

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: December 19, 2015, 10:31:51 pm »

Creature class gives the class to the creature, syndrome class gives class to syndromes. Interactions can only add syndrome classes fyi, creature classes are static.
I mean, for instance, vampirism. Checks to see if a creature isn't already a vampire or a werebeast. But the part of the interaction that checks for it would also detect [CREATURE_CLASS:WEREBEAST]. So, why not just add a Syndrome class to the affected individual with an identical string to the desired creature class?

Also, how to prevent a civ from bringing wagons without making them anal about wooden products?
« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 10:34:20 pm by HugoLuman »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 137