Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 137

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.43.x QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 201864 times)

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.43.x QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #1170 on: June 29, 2016, 03:48:51 pm »

Humans have randomized ethics, and ethical differences are a big driver in the game's "Do I want to start a war this morning?" routine.
No, they have randomized values. Their ethics, which are the same every time, determine when they go to war.

Tolis Kadestozi

• Bay Watcher
  • Human Mace Lord Vampire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: June 29, 2016, 07:19:09 pm »

Hey not sure this has been asked before but a quick look in the search didn't help me. So, i am trying to make a extra caste for kobolds that allows me to play a special kobold who has the ability to speak and im wanting him to be really one of a kind.  So is there a way to use pop ratio to make it so the caste doesn't occur naturally in the game but still be selectable through the adventure mode character creation?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: June 30, 2016, 02:18:28 am »

Yes, just set the pop ratio of your special caste to 1 and the standard castes each to 10000. The special caste will then be so rare as to be effectively nonexistent.

This doesn't affect your ability to select caste when starting an adventurer at all; the game cycles through the castes in order ignoring their pop ratios. You just need to be able to tell if you've selected your special caste or a default one.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1173 on: June 30, 2016, 09:52:09 am »

I have been playing with FRIENDLY_COLOR and I can't seem to figure out exactly what it does. The wiki says it affects the color of settlements during world gen and the embark screen but changing it for the dwarves doesn't seem to change anything to me. Does it do anything or am I just not looking in the right places?

Edit: Additional question, with ART_FACET_MODIFIER I notice that the amount 256 is neutral. Does that mean that if I don't include it then it will be treated as 256 or does it do something different?
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 10:21:35 am by Akhier the Dragon hearted »
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #1174 on: June 30, 2016, 12:47:29 pm »

I know the one thing the FRIENDLY_COLOR definitely does is change the colour of the text when another civ sends a diplomat and he/she talks to your expedition leader/mayor. Haven't seen any other effects.

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1175 on: July 01, 2016, 05:22:46 am »

Edit: Additional question, with ART_FACET_MODIFIER I notice that the amount 256 is neutral. Does that mean that if I don't include it then it will be treated as 256 or does it do something different?

the value defaults to 256 unless specified otherwise, yeah

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1176 on: July 01, 2016, 07:47:33 am »

Thank you for the confirmation
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Conrad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: July 02, 2016, 05:19:23 pm »

Hey all, I'm returning to Dwarf Fortress after a big hiatus. I've been trying to produce a metal that is a strong as adamantine but made from bone. The reaction to make the bars won't show up in the craftsdwarf shop and the reaction to use it to make armor/etc won't show up in the metalsmiths forge. I've already added the reaction to the PERMITTED_REACTION in the dwarf entity and regenned a new world. Am I missing something?

reaction_bonesteel
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

inorganic_bonesteel   

EDIT: I asked on /r/dwarffortress as well and received an answer there - I was missing the [OBJECT:REACTION] and [OBJECT:INORGANIC] tokens at the top of my files.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2016, 12:06:30 am by Conrad »
"College? Dude, I played Dwarf Fortress. My diploma menaces with spikes of knowledge."

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: July 04, 2016, 03:34:56 pm »

Before I spend all the effort of digging it out of the raws, does anyone have the alcohol syndrome?

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: July 04, 2016, 06:24:10 pm »

Last I checked, it was this:

It was taken from the plant alcohol template.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: July 04, 2016, 06:26:02 pm »

Wait, is it in the actual user-modifiable raws? I thought it was a generated syndrome. Whelp.

leafbarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident pokemon fanboy
    • View Profile
    • Mewtwo mod
« Reply #1181 on: July 06, 2016, 01:45:50 pm »

Is there a way for a ranged weapon to be fired without a free hand?
Quote from: leafbarrett
They can do whatever the heck they want. That's why they are nobles, cause they CAN.
King Henry the IV or something had a lot of wives, most of whom he executed. Because he could.
A ton of them mass-murdered Jews and Muslims. CAUSE THEY COULD.
A roman emperor made his horse a noble, cause he could.
And I modded them all out of existence, because I could.
sig text

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: July 06, 2016, 02:49:35 pm »

Umm... don't they ALWAYS work that way? otherwise, what's with the archers getting shields?
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Derro

• Bay Watcher
  • Imprisoned Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: July 06, 2016, 03:32:38 pm »

Umm... don't they ALWAYS work that way? otherwise, what's with the archers getting shields?

I believe Pikachu17 is referring to a way to fire ranged weapons without even having to hold the weapon itself.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: July 06, 2016, 04:35:39 pm »

I believe Pikachu17 is referring to a way to fire ranged weapons without even having to hold the weapon itself.
Ranged weapons are fired with the same hand that holds it. If it's a two-handed weapon, then it's both.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 137