Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 137

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.43.x QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 201917 times)

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.43.x QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #1125 on: June 14, 2016, 07:02:22 pm »

Cannot make new types of hairstyles. Mohawks probably already exist as a potential style, but you cannot single them out as far as I know.

leafbarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident pokemon fanboy
    • View Profile
    • Mewtwo mod
« Reply #1126 on: June 15, 2016, 02:04:04 pm »

As someone who hasn't played Fortress mode since, like, 34.11...
a) Is it normally possible to make swords and such out of glass, or only trap parts?
b) If it's not normally possible, then is it possible to enable it through modding?
Quote from: leafbarrett
They can do whatever the heck they want. That's why they are nobles, cause they CAN.
King Henry the IV or something had a lot of wives, most of whom he executed. Because he could.
A ton of them mass-murdered Jews and Muslims. CAUSE THEY COULD.
A roman emperor made his horse a noble, cause he could.
And I modded them all out of existence, because I could.
sig text

kiwiphoenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: June 15, 2016, 02:34:57 pm »

a) Is it normally possible to make swords and such out of glass, or only trap parts?
b) If it's not normally possible, then is it possible to enable it through modding?

a) No, not glass. [CAN_STONE] weapons (short swords) can be made from stone that has [MAX_EDGE:10000] or greater (obsidian). But that's all in Vanilla.
b) Sure: [PRODUCT:100:1:WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_X:GLASS_GREEN:NONE][FORCE_EDGE].

Bear in mind that glass makes a surprisingly crap weapon material, around the same tier as the elves' wooden knockoffs. As ammunition material, however... one patch of sand can supply infinite bolts, and that's more than you need to take down most organic enemies.

leafbarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Mewtwo mod
« Reply #1128 on: June 15, 2016, 03:01:50 pm »

a) No, not glass. [CAN_STONE] weapons (short swords) can be made from stone that has [MAX_EDGE:10000] or greater (obsidian). But that's all in Vanilla.
b) Sure: [PRODUCT:100:1:WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_X:GLASS_GREEN:NONE][FORCE_EDGE].

Bear in mind that glass makes a surprisingly crap weapon material, around the same tier as the elves' wooden knockoffs. As ammunition material, however... one patch of sand can supply infinite bolts, and that's more than you need to take down most organic enemies.
What, really? How is it that bad? It has an edge of 15000 compared to wood's 1000...
...I hadn't thought of ammo. Oh my.
They can do whatever the heck they want. That's why they are nobles, cause they CAN.
King Henry the IV or something had a lot of wives, most of whom he executed. Because he could.
sig text

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: June 15, 2016, 03:25:54 pm »

Edge sharpness just dictates how much energy the swung blade loses when it chops through a layer of something on a person. Shear strength is still king.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: June 15, 2016, 03:33:40 pm »

Edge sharpness just dictates how much energy the swung blade loses when it chops through a layer of something on a person.

And MAX_EDGE is max edge, not necessarily weapon edge. That depends on quality, and MAX_EDGE is just a cap (though I think it may be a percentage of MAX_EDGE depending on quality, huh)

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: June 15, 2016, 04:18:15 pm »

Yeah, that's right. Weapons without a quality modifier start at 50% and the sharpness goes up in 10% increments per level.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: June 15, 2016, 08:34:27 pm »

I would have thought that glass would also make crap ammo, given it's low weight compared to metal. What gives?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: June 15, 2016, 10:35:48 pm »

Sheer quantity.

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: June 16, 2016, 10:01:32 am »

Has anyone found this data structure?

"DF certainly stores, somewhere in memory, a mapping between the RAW tags (NOSE/BROADNESS), the index into the bp_modifiers array, and the strings of descriptive text for each of the ranges (though, the latter could just be in a different, two-dimensional array, using the same indices as bp_modifiers)."

We're looking for the raw values for different appearances in general. We know that values are stored in "appearance>bp_modifiers", but they seem to be interdependent on each other when it comes to generating appearances. For example, a nose can not be narrow (indicated by bp_modifiers[10] which contains nose width), if bp_modifiers[11] (which contains nose length) indicates it's also very short.

If you've got that kicking about let me know. On a final note, does anyone have a complete list of the physical descriptions?
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

Ryga_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: June 20, 2016, 09:40:30 pm »

Is there a way to create webs without dfhack? Either as a reaction or butcher byproduct.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: June 21, 2016, 03:57:19 am »

Any creature that can use a material emission that sprays webs, whether that's part of the creatures' raws or added by a syndrome or interaction, should be able to spew webs all over the place.

this is what the giant cave spider has:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And here's an example from a syndrome or interaction:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The material line can be replaced with whatever the webs should be made out of.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

leafbarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Mewtwo mod
« Reply #1137 on: June 21, 2016, 05:14:20 am »

Is there a way to reduce the effectiveness of webs? As-is, they're just instant death if anything stronger than a crippled bumblebee is after you.
sig text

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: June 21, 2016, 10:22:44 am »

Is there a way to reduce the effectiveness of webs? As-is, they're just instant death if anything stronger than a crippled bumblebee is after you.
Somebody hasn't modded in vermin-sized crutches... ;)
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

leafbarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Mewtwo mod
« Reply #1139 on: June 21, 2016, 05:14:58 pm »

Somebody hasn't modded in vermin-sized crutches... ;)
Shush. >w>;
sig text
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 137