Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Magic Tower Defense (Dead due to bad GM)  (Read 5305 times)

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
Re: Magic Tower Defense (Sign Up/ Interest Check)
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2015, 03:58:45 pm »

several magical towers have been erected to stop invasions.
I Think of "Several" as meaning 7 So....

There will be more players than towers. One player will not always be able to defend a tower alone. Especially in the later rounds.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2015, 04:52:44 pm »

several magical towers have been erected to stop invasions.
I Think of "Several" as meaning 7 So....

There will be more players than towers. One player will not always be able to defend a tower alone. Especially in the later rounds.
That Explains it.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2015, 06:59:04 pm »

Can two players make a child together to produce a doubly magical child?
It's right there in the OP: Yes, though technically it's a normally magical child that learns the other half of its doubleness at double rate. So more like a one and three quarters magical child.

I think we got a good party. Osimar and Karis for defense, Ludius for Attacking, Credence and George for General troops/cannon Fodder, and me and Zegrath to creating something Really Really Nasty when everything goes to hell. Essentially, we are the "No-Win Situation" Button
That would make you literally useless, though.

I __Merry__ hereby commit myself, my children, and my children's children to the dense of this nation. I pledge that the blood of the ___Cheerhappy___ will research magic and its uses until its last drop has been spilled. I have already began to study  __Healing magic__ with an emphasis on __Defensive spell casting__. I will use this power, and all power that follows after, to defend this nation from attack.
Of course. I thought about making a healer myself, but it sounded boring. :(
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Nunzillor

Re: Magic Tower Defense (Still Accepting Players!!!)
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2015, 07:15:48 pm »

Not sure I'd be any good at this, but why not put in a sheet?

I __Itztli__ hereby commit myself, my children, and my children's children to the defense of this nation. I pledge that the blood of the ___Eztli___ will research magic and its uses until its last drop has been spilled. I have already began to study  __blood magic__ with an emphasis on __offensive spell casting__ . I will use this power, and all power that follows after, to defend this nation from attack.  And, perhaps, for some other things...
« Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 07:22:47 pm by Nunzillor »

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2015, 07:18:47 pm »

I __Dustan__ hereby commit myself, my children, and my children's children to the defense of this nation. I pledge that the blood of the ___Hache family___ will research magic and its uses until its last drop has been spilled. I have already began to study  __Necromancy__ with an emphasis on __Defensive Spellcasting__ . I will use this power, and all power that follows after, to defend this nation from attack.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2015, 07:28:07 pm »

Can two players make a child together to produce a doubly magical child?
It's right there in the OP: Yes, though technically it's a normally magical child that learns the other half of its doubleness at double rate. So more like a one and three quarters magical child.

It learns half from each parent and learns the other two halves at double rate. Which makes for some interesting strategics when picking your lover.

Here's how it works:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Not sure I'd be any good at this, but why not put in a sheet?

I __Itztli__ hereby commit myself, my children, and my children's children to the defense of this nation. I pledge that the blood of the ___Eztli___ will research magic and its uses until its last drop has been spilled. I have already began to study  __blood magic__ with an emphasis on __mind control__ . I will use this power, and all power that follows after, to defend this nation from attack.

Sorry Nunzillor, but mind control would be a spell within a category (a category like blood magic and illusions for example :P), but the emphasis is more for the style of magic you practice.

I __Porkins__ hereby commit myself, my children, and my childrens children to the dense of this nation. I pledge that the blood of the ___Windus__ will research magic and its uses until its last drop has been spilled. I have already began to study  __The Ancient Art of the Divine Beings__ with an emphasis on__Summoning Cthulu__ . I will use this power, and all power that follows after, to defend this nation from attack. 

Because I already have the spell trees mostly fleshed out I'm going to say that this is the equivalent of Lovecraft + summoning.

I didn't see any other issues with submission. Speaking of which, that's enough players. Any lollygaggers have until I write up the first turn to submit. If i get too many I will accept some of them via an arbitrary method of some sort.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2015, 07:50:32 pm »

If a parent discovers a new magic after having kids, does the child get any bonus to re-discovering it?

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2015, 07:59:07 pm »

EDIT: nevermind. I just hope I get put in the same tower as cheerhappy.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 08:03:43 pm by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Nunzillor

« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2015, 08:07:34 pm »

Looks like I changed it just before your post, is it now acceptable?

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2015, 08:15:29 pm »

((...Why not. Hope I'm not too late?))

I, Irul hereby commit myself, my children, and my children's children to the dense of this nation. I pledge that the blood of the Oleur will research magic and its uses until its last drop has been spilled. I have already began to study demonology, with an emphasis on golemology. I will use this power, and all power that follows after, to defend this nation from attack.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2015, 08:30:26 pm »

Nonsense. Come visit the Diablos, they're trying to work out the kinks in getting Butcher Demons to butcher the right things at the right times. Or the Windus, who have a new guest that can be seen yet not comprehended. The Darkfathoms recently got a new butler, it's made of stone but gently writhes when you're not looking directly at it. The Balkensii can do this awesome party trick involving a live goat, three bowls, and a white silk sheet. The Itzli say it's better with four bowls and eight wine glasses, but it's mostly the same basic trick. The Oleur have the coziest fireplace, apparently it's a normal fireplace but with a golem sitting in there blazing with the infernal potential of the gateway it shall yet become. The Hache are super polite, they give you a free coat made of ethereal human ribs on your way out.

Anyway the kingdom seems pretty safe to me.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2015, 08:34:55 pm »

Nonsense. Come visit the Diablos, they're trying to work out the kinks in getting Butcher Demons to butcher the right things at the right times. Or the Windus, who have a new guest that can be seen yet not comprehended. The Darkfathoms recently got a new butler, it's made of stone but gently writhes when you're not looking directly at it. The Balkensii can do this awesome party trick involving a live goat, three bowls, and a white silk sheet. The Itzli say it's better with four bowls and eight wine glasses, but it's mostly the same basic trick. The Oleur have the coziest fireplace, apparently it's a normal fireplace but with a golem sitting in there blazing with the infernal potential of the gateway it shall yet become. The Hache are super polite, they give you a free coat made of ethereal human ribs on your way out.

Anyway the kingdom seems pretty safe to me.
IF we manage to get put together, the secrets of immortal soldiers might be unlocked. after all, if you can revive from the dead, and heal the now-living, you have a seriously tough group to kill.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2015, 08:44:26 pm »

Assuming necromancy involves resurrection and not just "discount resurrection," that is.

But psssssht, who needs immortal soldiers anyway when you can have non-Euclidean soldiers?

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2015, 08:44:44 pm »

IF we manage to get put together, the secrets of immortal soldiers might be unlocked. after all, if you can revive from the dead, and heal the now-living, you have a seriously tough group to kill.
Oh good, a necromancer. I will have your babies (Or maybe the other way around? I'm not sure. I think I'm wizard gendered) and then we will figure out spells of longevity and/or lichdom.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2015, 08:51:04 pm »

Oh good, a necromancer. I will have your babies (Or maybe the other way around? I'm not sure. I think I'm wizard gendered) and then we will figure out spells of longevity and/or lichdom.
...wait, shit. Suddenly my voice echoing faintly inside the dreams of all my descendants is sounding lackluster. rackafrackin immortal everyoung vampires always thinking they're so fancy just because they beat my great-great-grandfather at chess that one time
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4