Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 174

Author Topic: Blurb on Games that probably don't deserve their own threads.  (Read 320231 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Blurb on Games that probably don't deserve their own threads.
« Reply #285 on: March 22, 2019, 04:18:27 pm »

Yeah, after watching it I'm not sure it's a game I'd get. But I appreciate the concept.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: March 22, 2019, 08:33:06 pm »

It kind of reminds me of Into the Breach, which I rather enjoyed. Enough to be worth checking in on later in development (or maybe a cheap bundle of alpha games... Kenshi for 2$ or so was a bargain.)
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: March 23, 2019, 08:38:45 am »

Looks great, but there doesn't seem to be much to it (and I'm not talking about the early stage in development here)

When I first saw the Commit and Rewind buttons I was excited as I thought it would mean another "phase based" combat game, where you plan your actions up ahead and then every character's actions play out at simultaneously. It was a bit of a let down when it proved not to be the case.

I also don't get the design choice to have both the player character's actions take place immediately during their own turns, but have almost every enemy (except the one that is an enemy version of a PC class) need both their turn AND your next turn to take effect. It seems like a really good way to ensure nothing is ever really going to happen to any of the PCs.
Love, scriver~

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: March 23, 2019, 05:01:16 pm »

Yes, it is. I think the idea is to make a not very hard game.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: March 24, 2019, 08:39:05 am »

Yes, he said as much. But there is a big difference between making a not-difficult game and making a non-challenging game. He appears to be wanting to make a not-difficult game, but what he appears to be making is a non-challenging game. Challenge is not what makes a game difficult, it is what makes a game engaging.
Love, scriver~

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: March 25, 2019, 03:14:27 am »

I think I might like X-Piratez more than the original X-Com, although I'm still in the very early game and can't tell if I've already screwed myself. I don't know if there's enough discussion left to resurrect the old thread and I don't want to keep derailing the death thread, but I have some questions that hopefully aren't too big of spoilers:

- Besides losing out on the rewards and notoriety, is there any downside to ignoring the various missions?

- Is there any use for peasants or castaways outside of the combat? The airbus is so small you really can't afford to bring anybody that can't pull their weight.

- How am I supposed to tell if somebody is a harmless civilian/neutral or another enemy? A lot of people on one mission looked like they were carrying weapons, but I lost points at the end for killing them.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2019, 03:16:36 am by itisnotlogical »
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

cider

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: March 25, 2019, 06:46:27 am »

Somebody is making a turn based tactics game where the premise is "What if SWAT, but with WIZARDS"

And I'm very much looking forward to it! Tom Francis is great at coming up with interesting gameplay concepts and features and making them work in a game, as made evident by his previous games Gunpoint and Heat Signature.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: April 03, 2019, 10:11:25 am »

Borderlands 3 has been confirmed for release on September 13, 2019.
Notably, the PC release will be timed-exclusive to the Epic Games Store. BL3 will be available in other digital storefronts April 2020.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: April 03, 2019, 01:24:46 pm »

But I want to play the girl with the abs nooo....

Oh well, it just means I get to play with the bug fix patches all installed.  :)

That said, that box art is a thing of beauty.   :o
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: April 03, 2019, 01:37:30 pm »

But I want to play the girl with the abs nooo....

Oh well, it just means I get to play with the bug fix patches all installed.  :)

That said, that box art is a thing of beauty.   :o

I mean, I'm a little sad that it isn't post-enlightenment Krieg, but it works.

Some folks are disappointed it's not a psycho pointing three finger-guns at his head.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: April 03, 2019, 03:40:48 pm »

The first I saw that image was in a Twitter thread where the dude I'm not going to name said he'd try and get BL3 released on Steam ASAP should Gaben tell people that HL3 was in development. I assumed the image was a joke based on the Saint Gaben image macro.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: April 03, 2019, 07:07:50 pm »

Double post. Whoops.

Paranoia of tabletop RPG fame will soon have a CRPG. The worst aspect of Paranoia is the insufferable fanbase that makes it impossible to have an actual discussion.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: April 04, 2019, 02:07:48 am »

Finally beat Fallout 4.

I love almost everything about the game, but it has the absolute worst implementation of speech/charisma in any RPG I've seen. I'm not a big fan of the FO3/NV style, where having enough Speech gives you the best ending on a silver platter while apologizing for ever being in your way; OTOH an actual dice roll is just as stupid with the added frustration of being unpredictable. The speech check options aren't even that interesting; they just amount to the Sole Survivor saying "pretty please" rather than any sort of lying or convincing.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: April 04, 2019, 03:59:20 am »

Paranoia of tabletop RPG fame will soon have a CRPG. The worst aspect of Paranoia is the insufferable fanbase that makes it impossible to have an actual discussion.
How... How does one even do this? How can you convert Paranoia into something that can actually be run by a computer?

The first trailer's a bit dry, but hopefully they'll put one with a bit more personality out once the development has actually progressed a little bit.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: April 04, 2019, 10:57:23 am »

How... How does one even do this? How can you convert Paranoia into something that can actually be run by a computer?

You make it asymmetrical multiplayer. X people playing troubleshooters, 1 person playing Friend Computer. Add some kind of tech currency stuff so FC can throw limited spanners into the works. Sort of like Arma III Zeus mode, maybe?

But the thing I linked is singleplayer. Part of the Paranoia fun (at least when playing Zap) is gathering enough justification to be able to off your fellow troubleshooters with no negative consequences. That's... not a thing in a singleplayer tactical strategy game where you control the whole party.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2019, 11:00:54 am by Mephisto »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 174