Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: How to fix the country thread discussion: USA  (Read 5753 times)

That Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, that Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: How to fix the country thread discussion: USA
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2015, 03:35:14 am »

Genuis meritocracy and ban invasion of other countrys.
Change the 2nd amend to the right to bear mechsuits and drones. As it seems the orignal idea of bearing arms was so common folk could rise againts a tyranical govt. But they have drones so its a gun vs drone fight.
Leave the UN cause thats a big pile of shit that does nothing
Allow police officers to summarly execute criminals and cowards.
Ban burials and use bodys as food.
Build a city in the grand canyon.
Get UFO disclosure public, and eradicate the C.I.A... they know why
Then steal the alien engines from area 51, make a ship and get out of dodge while america becomes a warzone.

In all reality democracy never works, you also say I have total power to change laws but democracy rules it. I know whar you meant but its weird to say.
I am not afraid of an army of Warriors led by a Child; I am afraid of an army of Children led by a Warrior.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2015, 03:36:23 am »

What if winning result would be not some sort of lets go for the bright future, but something like  nuke chinese communists,
as they hate jesus

I didn't say I would put it to vote. If the consensus was to nuke China, I would simply refuse.

make the sunday religious school and learning bible by heart mandatory.

It's basically reasonable for like-minded people to agree to live by rules of their own creation. If large numbers of people want that for themselves, so be it. The US is a large country. Not every places has to have the same rules. Counties could be designated where bible study was part of the required curriculum. And people could choose to live or not live in those places as they please. There would likely be some difficulties arising people who lived in areas where they were the minority opinion. I would attempt to minimize their inconvenience.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2015, 03:36:55 am »

Remove the clause in the constitution that requires the president to have been born on American soil.

John McCain was born in Panama and nobody ever questioned that ... Romney's dad ran for president in 1968 and he was born in Mexico. His grandparents had left the USA in 1886. There were some questions about his eligibility, but it was generally decided that he was eligible.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natural-born-citizen_clause

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_McCain
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Romney_presidential_campaign,_1968

Yeah, as far as I'm aware the clause is only that one be a natural-born citizen (i.e. not a naturalized immigrant). Hell, Ted Cruz was born in Canada (Thanks Canucks....)

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2015, 03:44:41 am »

eradicate the C.I.A... they know why

I know that it was supposed to be a joke...

But it isn't like there isn't a long list of reasons to eradicate the CIA as it is.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2015, 03:47:34 am »

Yeah, it would be completely bonkers if you took "natural born citizen" to mean it's ok to run for president if you're the child of illegal immigrants (birthright citizenship) but not if you were the child of an existing US citizen who was travelling overseas.

EDIT: we all know Obama senior chucked his 8-month pregnant wife on a rickety 1961 plane to fly from Hawaii to the wonderful hospitals of Kenya to give birth. Then the FBI faked his birth certificate for Hawaii. That makes a whole world of sense, I'm sure you'll agree, seeing as Hawaii is very close to Kenya.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2015, 03:52:17 am by Reelya »

That Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, that Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2015, 03:51:45 am »

eradicate the C.I.A... they know why

I know that it was supposed to be a joke...

But it isn't like there isn't a long list of reasons to eradicate the CIA as it is.

That was not a joke, it was the only thing that wasnt a joke.
They know why, DONT YOU CENTRAL! I know you see this and the mk ultra fucked my brain!
I am not afraid of an army of Warriors led by a Child; I am afraid of an army of Children led by a Warrior.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2015, 04:35:37 am »

What do we want?

What do we want?

Quote from: Londo Mollari
You really want to know what I want? You really want to know the truth, yes? I want my people to reclaim their rightful place in the galaxy. I want to see the Centauri stretch forth their hand again, and command the stars. I want a rebirth of glory, a renaissance of power. I want to stop running through my life like a man late for an appointment...afraid to look back, or to look forward. I want us to be what we used to be! I want...I want it all back the way that it was!

... Who are you?
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2015, 06:44:23 am »

What do we want?

What do we want?

Quote from: Londo Mollari
You really want to know what I want? You really want to know the truth, yes? I want my people to reclaim their rightful place in the galaxy. I want to see the Centauri stretch forth their hand again, and command the stars. I want a rebirth of glory, a renaissance of power. I want to stop running through my life like a man late for an appointment...afraid to look back, or to look forward. I want us to be what we used to be! I want...I want it all back the way that it was!

... Who are you?

A conscious observer willing to play many possible roles, if fulfillment of those roles is desired, and who favors outcomes that don't involve the human race becoming enslaved.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2015, 06:50:20 am »

We need to assert our dominance in the world by annexing Canada and Portugal. Only then can we truly be at ease in our assured greatness.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2015, 06:55:01 am »

PTW. Maybe I'll rant about how the entire premise of this thread is totalitarian in nature later on.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2015, 07:36:37 am »

Beer taps at home, piped from communal beer reservoir.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2015, 07:53:27 am »

Alternatively, congress are picked randomly from the people like jury duty rather than elected.
Ancient Athens basically did this, although you could only serve once in your life. It didn't work so well - nobody had any experience at the job - and that was when you didn't need to know all that much, and were only supposed to be governing a single city.
I like Florence's one where people only served terms for 2 months and randomly selected like a jury (and could not serve again thereafter). In theory it was to stop aristocracy from taking over since the terms were so short and the people so random but in actuality it just resulted in people who did not know how to rule being put in charge from a pool of people stacked with those loyal to the noble families

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2015, 09:14:13 am »

PTW. Maybe I'll rant about how the entire premise of this thread is totalitarian in nature later on.

Quick, send the dictator ninjas after him before he can take an inherently silly thread seriously and start another Great Red Spot of politics!
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2015, 11:35:38 am »

I forgot a couple of things in my earlier list. I'd also:

* Abolish the death penalty

* Abolish government recognized marriages

*Ban references to abstinance from sex education courses (ie. not just ban abstinence only courses, ban abstinence from being mentioned [j]at all[/i])

*Revoke the tax exempt status of religious institutions (except for religious themed charities)
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6