Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: The most METAL MOD EVER idea  (Read 6575 times)

neko.len.chan

• Bay Watcher
  • Nya
    • View Profile
Re: The most METAL MOD EVER idea
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2015, 09:01:09 am »

I've already made two instruments. Its a bit confusing, but not too hard once you get it.
"When you wake in the morning, consider suicide."
BY ARMOK WHO KEEPS LEAVING CORPSES IN ALL THE FRIGGIN DOORWAYS?!?

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2015, 09:56:35 am »

Honestly though, if you're like me you're going to tear your hair out obsessing over appropriate pitch ranges.

neko.len.chan

• Bay Watcher
  • Nya
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2015, 01:31:38 pm »

I guess I'm lyke you then. Heh.

I'm going to make the instruments fyrst then worry about details, though.
"When you wake in the morning, consider suicide."
BY ARMOK WHO KEEPS LEAVING CORPSES IN ALL THE FRIGGIN DOORWAYS?!?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2015, 01:31:39 pm »

you can usually look those up online

Urist McFluffles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2015, 01:16:51 am »

Now we just need to make singing able to melt faces.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2015, 06:33:49 pm »

You know, I'd been thinking about this for a while myself. Among the things I thought was "what would serve as a generic ranged weapon?" Then it hit me when I saw the Hornthrower.

Hornthrowers, and their attended Devil Thorn ammunition.

Can't say I'd say no to the prospect of fighting off a horde of demons and black tear nuts in DF.

DrunkGamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Beer loving Gentledwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2015, 06:39:52 pm »

Want to go really brutal?

Steal the phallus from Genesis and add some kind of reaction that forces people to eat items.

Now you know what to do.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2015, 02:30:50 am »

Want to go really brutal?

Steal the phallus from Genesis and add some kind of reaction that forces people to eat items.

Now you know what to do.
Hey, we're talking metal here, not goregrind. :P

I was just thinking how great it would be to mod in 'death growls' and 'metal screams' as a form of singing... and then of course, that led me to the idea of having my troupe armed with guitars, bass guitars, drums and shit. That have sharp edges and can be used as weapons, naturally.

I guess I should PTW.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2015, 03:10:38 am »

Yeah, I was thinking of putting in guitars, bass guitars, drums and shit.

LordBrassroast

• Bay Watcher
  • Wibble.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2015, 08:42:20 am »

Mod humans to be Vikings. And mod Elves to actually be a semi-non-useless fighting force. Make them a little less treehugger and a little more strange and murderous, like stealing human babies. For inspiration, look at the ancient Norse stories of "Alfs" (not the bad sitcom).

Because Vikings are ONE OF THE MOST METAL FUCKING CIVILIZATIONS IN HUMAN HISTORY! \m/

Also, do you listen to Amon Amarth?

Urist McFluffles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2015, 10:14:55 pm »

Mod humans to be Vikings. And mod Elves to actually be a semi-non-useless fighting force. Make them a little less treehugger and a little more strange and murderous, like stealing human babies. For inspiration, look at the ancient Norse stories of "Alfs" (not the bad sitcom).

Because Vikings are ONE OF THE MOST METAL FUCKING CIVILIZATIONS IN HUMAN HISTORY! \m/

Also, do you listen to Amon Amarth?

Holy shit, that picture is metal as fuck, and no, i havent heard of Amon, what is it?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2015, 10:51:09 pm »

melodic fantasy viking death metal, looks like

InsanityPrelude

• Bay Watcher
  • O SHI--
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2015, 11:18:55 pm »

disregard this post, somebody answered already
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 12:00:32 am by InsanityPrelude »
Forget down stairs, make an up stair
And then what?  Mine the sky? . . .  Actually, that'd be awesome.

Urist McFluffles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2015, 02:12:33 am »

Alright, so far we got a black metal viking society, a book about space age mars with creatures that pretty much look like the white version of king kong, and, of course, we have the instruments and vocals that are used to kill king kong and his big albino buddies.

Dis gun be gud.

Maybe we could have some version of space vikings, I dunno, we got all these good ideas but no way to put them together to make something of a lore, or maybe we could, Im gonna try and see some ways to make a lore while my computer is down.

AceSV

• Bay Watcher
  • [SUPER_VILLAIN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2015, 04:21:38 am »

Maybe a group of space-faring humans left to settle on a savage world to rebuild the way of their viking ancestors.  If you want to borrow a little from ERB's Barsoom, the savage world could be in the process of dying out. 

My first instinct is to just ditch elves rather than try to fix them, but there are a few tricks you could employ.  Elves can use GOOD animals the same way goblins can use EVIL animals, so creating an animal that is COMMON_DOMESTIC and GOOD should give the elves exclusive access to it the same way goblins have access to beak dogs.  Wood could also be powered up.  DF's default wood is not very much like the types of wood that were historically used in combat, and there are a few rare woods like desert ironwood and lignum vitae which would possibly be as strong as bronze but much lighter.  There's also the idea of a fictional ironwood or steelwood that is as strong as real metal.  There might be a way to force the elves to preferentially select the best woods for weapons and armor, but I don't know how to do that.  Elves could be themed to be more like jungle savages and less like forest hippies, although DF's cannibal elves are arguably already like that. 

Could also be interesting to increase the number of tameable megabeasts, like dragons, so that you can catch an army of them and start a megabeast breeding campaign.  Or mod in animals like mammoths or quetzalcoatlus that are dangerous enough to take on megabeasts on their own.  Maybe give all animals PRONE_TO_RAGE so that the sissies will actually stand and fight if they get hunted. 
could God in fact send a kea to steal Excalibur and thereby usurp the throne of the Britons? 
Furry Fortress 3 The third saga unfurls.  Now with Ninja Frogs and Dogfish Pirates.
Pages: 1 [2] 3