Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Comrads and Foes: Alchamech Team A  (Read 4657 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Comrads and Foes: Alchamech Team A
« on: November 21, 2015, 12:27:42 pm »

Team A players:
Twinwolf
tntey
Hawk132
StrawBarrel
Lermfish

Alright! First off, I will need everyone to make a simple character using the Alchamech rules (reposted below). Feel free to make it similar to the character that you will be playing, but be aware that your Comrade today may be your Foe tomorrow and some things work better if they are kept meta-secret. We don't need complex characters, plot, or backstories, since this is just a test, but its not preventing them.

Alchamech character creation (copied here, typos and all...)
In Alchemech, you have four choices for a class:

Alchamech Pilot: Of course, the guys who drive the titular "Alchemechs". Normal humans, often with good reflexes and aim if they want to live long, who drive magical war machines. These machines can range from just larger than a man to the size of real-life battle ships. This usually requires some training on what symbol does what, which only takes a few months. They often bond with a single machine their entire carrier, upgrading it as necessary, due to the habit of machine forming "Homunculus" AI-like intelligence from poorly understood integrations between man and machine.

Alchemist: A combination of chemist and magician, the lifeblood of the world. After studying for years in a collage, you have learned how the world works and are able to change it with simple drawings and orders. As a military alchemist, you serve a role somewhere between combat engineer and ground-infantry, using your knowlage to help build defense, repair things, and destroy the enemy. Some alchemist choose one focus, such as destroying things, and generally choose to focus even more on that, such as "Destroying things with fire".

Officer: A normal human, who doesn't pile a mech or use magic. Instead, you used your time to advance through the ranks, either through an ROTC like program, through field experience, or by paying your way. This gives you something just as powerful: Authority. Officers command a small group of loyal infantry troops from the start, and have sway over overall military strategy, capable of directing the fire of Alchemecs and alchemists. It is typical for someone, on obtaining the rank of officer, be given a Alreona type Homunculus using their own DNA as a base. Alreona Homunculus are flask-born "sons" or "daughters" of the officer, bonded like a machine. They are the most loyal soldier, fanatically so, who act almost as humans do and very from appearance from a young child to grey-haired in age, giving the officer at least a chance in one-on-one fights.

Purified: It is often said the goal of Alchemy was to purify the body and soul. You got the body part down. The Purified are alchemically augment super soldiers. This can take many forms. Some have special tattoos or symbols that glow when activated, filling them with strength or energy. Others where horribly injured, having to replace their own flesh with specially made flask-flesh or Alchamechanical parts. Others where simply born this way, like Alreona type homunculus or even a achemicanicle butler with a particularly impressive hurmonculus of its own. They are often sent to combat alone with their weapon of choice and plenty of ammunition, they are often able to take an Alchmech in single combat. Some particularly strong ones can bisect an Alchemech with a single blow of a sword or axe, others simply pump high-caliber lead into the cockpit at point-blank range.

All right. Two suggestions so far for d100, I guess I will just go with that. Each class has their own character sheet, showing their own skills.

Alchemech Pilot:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Alchemist:

Officer:

Purified

/End creation.

Mission Briefing:
In unfortunate news, we believe that the Ostanesian military has discovered something huge in the ridge mountains somewhere near their border. Our historians have discovered Newton himself had a summer home there, and suggest that he had left one of his "grandest" invention at this location. Intelligence also reports a good degree of troop moment in this area, increasing drastically once the war began. We believe that there is a massive Alchamech created by the genius alchemist, dwarfing anything created before or sense. It is possible that one of the mountains was hollowed out to create this behemoth, or that it was disguise as the mountain itself! Certainly, we can not allow such a potent weapon to fall into enemy hands. Your mission is to invade this territory to capture or control the Objective. We are counting on you.

Battlefield:
A well kept forest leading towards a large range of mountains. Alternatively, to the North, there is an open grassland with a lake, where the forest had been cut back.

Allies:
Reinforcements will be decided based on the choices of both teams, for balance.

Foes:
???

Once everyone (Or the majority of everyone) is prepare, the test-game will begin. New players may join at any time, and will likely be placed directly onto the battlefield.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 04:36:46 pm by Stirk »
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
Re: Comrads and Foes: Alchamech Team A
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2015, 12:48:41 pm »

I might be an alchemist. Sheet will come later.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 01:42:27 pm by tntey »
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

tntey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2015, 02:16:00 pm »

Purified
Name: Walter 'The Reaper' Joseph
Inventory: 5 Fear gas grenades (Scares those who inhale it). A combat scythe. A gas mask. 

General Skills
Guns: 10
Melee: 40
Dodge: 45
Strength: 45
Agility: 60

Purified Abilities
Armor: 0
Weapon Specialty: Scythes (25) Improvised Weapons [Chairs, mugs, body parts] (10)   
Action Specialty: Sneaking (20)
Enhanced Skill: Dodging (25)
Special: Becoming partially invisible. Can be spotted when invisible if the person is paying enough attention. When standing still, he is fully invisible. (15)

Does this look good?
« Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 03:02:50 pm by tntey »
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2015, 02:41:43 pm »

Does this look good?
I'd put the points from Improvised Weapons into Scythes (also, it'd be a good idea to ask Stirk if combat works mostly on Rule of Cool, since unmodified scythes aren't really that great at fighting). Spreading your weapon specialties out is impractical. And in your case, should you be disarmed - you can use your ridiculous speed to grab your scythe.

I'd also put a quarter or a third of the points you put into Enhanced Agility into Enhanced Dodge.

Your fear gas might make your Fear ability unnecessary, you might want to put these points either into your Invisibility or into your Scythe Mastery. It's your call though.

Oh, and with your speed and strength, putting points into climbing might be unneeded. You can just simply jump onto most things. At least I think so. You'd need to ask Stirk for confirmation.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 04:58:41 pm by Hawk132 »
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2015, 03:01:02 pm »

Does this look good?
I'd put the points from Improvised Weapons into Scythes (also, it'd be a good idea to ask Stirk if combat works mostly on Rule of Cool, since unmodified scythes aren't really that great at fighting). Spreading your weapon specialties out is impractical. And in your case, should you be disarmed - you can use your ridiculous speed to grab your scythe.

I'd also put a quarter or a third of the points you put into Enhanced Agility into Enhanced Dodge.

Your fear gas might make your Fear ability unnecessary, you might want to put these points either into your Invisibility or into your Scythe Mastery. It's your call though.

Oh, and with your speed and strength, putting points into climbing might be unneeded. You can just simply jump onto most things. At least I think so. You'd need to ask Stirk for confirmation.

Thanks.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2015, 03:07:31 pm »

You forgot about removing your Improvised Weapons stat. It really isn't that necessary (I mean, I enjoy beating someone up with their own body parts as much as any other person, but it sadly isn't practical).

tntey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2015, 04:09:01 pm »

You forgot about removing your Improvised Weapons stat. It really isn't that necessary (I mean, I enjoy beating someone up with their own body parts as much as any other person, but it sadly isn't practical).
I'm gonna keep it just in case

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2015, 04:32:27 pm »

Purified
Inventory: 5 Fear gas grenades (Scares those who inhale it). A combat scythe. A gas mask. 

General Skills
Guns: 10
Melee: 40

Purified Abilities
Weapon Specialty: Scythes (25) Improvised Weapons [Chairs, mugs, body parts] (10)   
Action Specialty: Sneaking (20)
Enhanced Skill: Dodging (25)
Special: Becoming partially invisible. Can be spotted when invisible if the person is paying enough attention. When standing still, he is fully invisible. (15)

Does this look good?

It is alright, but you will have to put some points into Weapon Specialty or Special for the Fear Grenades. They aren't standard issue, and are meant to have an extra unique effect, necessitating extra point cost. Additionally, since part of the other group will be PCs, the Fear will likely take the effect of penalties to opponents to avoid taking the control out of player's hands or revealing who and who isn't a PC. in addition, 15~ points would be a fairly small amount for an ability like partial invisibility, it would have to be fairly weak (Such that you have to be actively sneaking with it, can only turn certain body parts partially invisible at a time, or other such) at the current point cost. Improvise weapon comments later downward.

Does this look good?

Does this look good?

Sheet:
You put in 110 points for pilot skills, putting you over the limit.
Looks good otherwise! Like the last guy, the optical camo would have to be fairly weak as well, such as needing environmental factors to be fully hidden. Invisibility is a powerful thing!

Comments/Other:
Scythes are fine, especially for just play-testing. Since he has a Weapon Specialty in it, either he has enough super-human abilities to make the difference between "Scythe" and "Other pole-arm" nill or has a specially enchanted scythe, in which case the physical properties aren't as important.

Improvised weapons is fine, and could easily represent activating abilities to empower them (For example, he could have a tattoo on his palm that spreads to whatever item he is carrying, covering it in runes that transform it into a decent weapon). Due to the way this PVP game works, however, most "Fighting Time" will be spent in the trenches or on other more-official battlefields. Battlefields are notoriously lacking in mugs, chairs, and other fun improvised weapons, which is something to think about.

As I said above, I actually need him to pay a price for the fear grenade's ability. Having it as a grenade would likely make its effects more powerful and easier to spread, in return for the limited amount of attacks.

As for speed/strength, he spread out his stats enough so that they aren't quite in the "Super human" level, in that a focused "Normal" build could nearly equal him. Of course, combined they are 105 (Which is super human, if barley) which would be enough to jump through a second story window easily most of the time. Not quite jumping tall buildings in a single bound, but a few multiple bounds would get you up one. If he wants to climb something taller, like a massive enemy mech, he would get a lot of benefits from having such a specialty. In the current playtest, he could climb trees/mountains easily enough with good rolls in his current build (And assuming he isn't in combat, it would not need a roll).

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2015, 04:49:33 pm »

Spoiler: Alchemist (click to show/hide)
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2015, 04:57:51 pm »

Twinwolf, get your character a nickname. Tntey and I have one, you need one too!

Stirk, I fixed my pilot skills (and buffed my camo by 5 points). Something's wrong with my math lately. First I somehow calculated percentage in reverse in the Rise of the Dark Tower over in the RTD section, and now this.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2015, 05:20:47 pm »

Purified
Inventory: A standard issue assault rifle. A combat scythe.

General Skills
Guns: 30
Melee: 30

Purified Abilities
Action Specialty: Sneaking (10)
Enhanced Skill: Dodging (10)
Special: Becoming partially invisible. Can be spotted when invisible if the person is paying enough attention. When standing still, he is fully invisible. (45)

Made a new one. Get rid of the fear grenades. Changed my melee and gun stats a little. Also, does strength effect melee attacks?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2015, 07:52:45 pm »

Spoiler: Alchemist (click to show/hide)

Very good! Would you like the Weapon to be anti-infantry or anti-mech?

Twinwolf, get your character a nickname. Tntey and I have one, you need one too!

Stirk, I fixed my pilot skills (and buffed my camo by 5 points). Something's wrong with my math lately. First I somehow calculated percentage in reverse in the Rise of the Dark Tower over in the RTD section, and now this.

Its fine, nobody could get it right last game either  :P.

Purified
Inventory: A standard issue assault rifle. A combat scythe.

General Skills
Guns: 30
Melee: 30

Purified Abilities
Action Specialty: Sneaking (10)
Enhanced Skill: Dodging (10)
Special: Becoming partially invisible. Can be spotted when invisible if the person is paying enough attention. When standing still, he is fully invisible. (45)

Made a new one. Get rid of the fear grenades. Changed my melee and gun stats a little. Also, does strength effect melee attacks?

Alright, looks good! As it states in Strength's explanation, Strength gives bonuses to melee attacks. It also increases the damage.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2015, 07:58:38 pm »

Assuming you mean the "Alchemical weapons", 25 points for anti-infantry and 15 for anti-mech.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2015, 08:21:39 pm »

I suggest making an attack against the purified. I feel like if you don't it could get very out of hand.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2015, 08:22:43 pm »

Purified would count as infantry though, wouldn't they?
Sigtext!
Pages: [1] 2 3