Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 22

Author Topic: Arms Race: 1780 - International/'OOC' Thread - 1782  (Read 29091 times)

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Interest Check for Three Nation Version of Arms Race Starting in the 1780's
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2015, 05:17:09 pm »

I still think something this complex is gonna implode in 3 turns. Really, if you wanted something different, why not do something like at the end of WWI magic is discovered by Albert Einstien to be a fundemental force of the universe, and nations quickly develop tech based on magic usage. That lets you come up with some crazy rules for how magic particles are collected, stored, and used, and let teams come up with so pretty off the wall stuff while still being somewhat realistic in how things get developed.
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2015, 05:24:56 pm »

I still think something this complex is gonna implode in 3 turns. Really, if you wanted something different, why not do something like at the end of WWI magic is discovered by Albert Einstien to be a fundemental force of the universe, and nations quickly develop tech based on magic usage. That lets you come up with some crazy rules for how magic particles are collected, stored, and used, and let teams come up with so pretty off the wall stuff while still being somewhat realistic in how things get developed.
Honestly, what I would want is fantasy world WW2 with all the magitek you can want. Also regular technology. But we can think of that later, let's say we now begin in the 1780's, if things won't be as interesting as they should be we could sign armstice to skip some time or something (Robert Islands aren'tt Forenia, after all).
As for the who I join... the people with metric of course. If there aren't any, then FINEEE, I'll go with Loyalists, because I'm no traitor.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2015, 06:45:25 pm »

This looks pretty good to me. I'd like to take part, or if Zanz wants, I'd be willing to help out with running it. (I've been wanting to make one of these games)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2015, 09:12:09 pm »

...if Zanz wants, I'd be willing to help out with running it. (I've been wanting to make one of these games)

Assistance would be very helpful.

Anyway, declarations of what side people are going to take?
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race: 1780 - Interest Check
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2015, 10:09:21 pm »

I've never done one of these games but I'll handle the loyalists. To prevent metagaming bs, I suggest every side gets a slack room or something so people can discuss in secret.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race: 1780 - Interest Check
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2015, 12:06:49 am »

I've never done one of these games but I'll handle the loyalists. To prevent metagaming bs, I suggest every side gets a slack room or something so people can discuss in secret.

I would use a private thread limited to players that have declared their side or something similar (setting it to public when the game has run its course), but there is no option on the forum to do that.  There's apparently hidden quick topics that are separate from pm's, but I have no idea how to use those.  Even then, they'd likely be removed due to being 'quick topics', and therefore can't be preserved.  As such, I'm just going to give each nation their own thread and have it run on the honor system of not looking into what the other nations are doing.

Honestly, what I would want is fantasy world WW2 with all the magitek you can want. Also regular technology. But we can think of that later, let's say we now begin in the 1780's, if things won't be as interesting as they should be we could sign armstice to skip some time or something (Robert Islands aren'tt Forenia, after all).
As for the who I join... the people with metric of course. If there aren't any, then FINEEE, I'll go with Loyalists, because I'm no traitor.

Temporary Armistices actually sounds like a good idea for skipping time when people start to run out of ideas that make sense for a time period.

As for the metric system, the simple answer to that would be whether England was using it at the time.  If it wasn't, I'll roll to see if none, one, or both of the rebels use it.  Same thing if England does use the metric system, but in regards to the imperial system.

Nevermind.  Neither the Imperial or Metric system show up for a couple decades, metric coming in at 1799.  The determination as to whether the rebels pick it up will occur then, at the decision of the leaders.  Loyalists will stick with the English Units til the transfer over to the Imperial System in 1924.

I think I'll go with the Armistice idea, though stuff like magic substances and creatures might show up to add some spice to the progression of things.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2015, 12:27:22 am by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
Re: Arms Race: 1780 - National Engineering Teams Forming
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2015, 08:30:54 am »

My fucking God, English Units, even more confusing.
Confusion.
EDIT:
Also, for me it would be coolest if we had WWII Arms Race, possibly even using the real countries, because, well, source material for this is everywhere and I like doing art.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2015, 12:44:00 pm by Kot »
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2015, 01:54:38 pm »

If you think you can do it, I'm willing to jump in regardless of time frame. All hail King Richards!
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2015, 03:55:43 pm »

Also, yeah, I'm not going to be picky. Since we all start with English Units and conversion to Metric may or may not happen, I will stick with loyalists anyway (as I sense a chance to become independent country through diplomacy, not treason, but shhh).

flazeo25

• Bay Watcher
  • Nightmare Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2015, 04:23:12 pm »

Hail King Richards.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2015, 04:27:14 pm »

Hail King Richards!
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2015, 04:30:45 pm »

Hail king Richards!
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2015, 04:39:09 pm »

I'm in for the Confederacy.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2015, 05:05:19 pm »

1-1-4?
Only me for the British Empire?
Seriously, people, what is so good about some highwayman who thinks he's a king because he conquered a bunch of sheep herders? Even the damn Confederacy is better than this.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2015, 05:08:26 pm »

1-1-4?
Only me for the British Empire?
Seriously, people, what is so good about some highwayman who thinks he's a king because he conquered a bunch of sheep herders? Even the damn Confederacy is better than this.

Sheep Herders are hard to fight. Their crooks hurt.
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 22