Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Afterlife  (Read 4965 times)

Kyzrati

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Grid Sage Games
Re: Afterlife
« Reply #75 on: November 14, 2015, 06:44:09 am »

(No pressure... but MONEY PRIZES! Not sure how the winners will be selected yet, though. More details to work out and it won't be for at least another month or two. First need to work on getting a new version out. Also I put one of your pieces in the new gallery--okay I actually combined two--with credit and link; if that's not cool let me know and I'll take it down :) )
Cogmind - Sci-fi Roguelike (devblog) | X@COM - The X-COM RL | REXPaint - ASCII art editor | Patreon

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 14, 2015, 07:46:03 am »

Afterlife

You pin your hopes on the man being an easily startled individual, and decide to continue your wait. Meanwhile, he gives the dog a few assuring pets and words. The feeling you get, however, is that he himself has been calmed far more by this act than the animal in question.

A curse flies forth from your mouth. The gravest one you know, even. If you truly wish Lady Ruin upon him, is a matter for later decision though.

More than half of the notes, were far and widely over the place, and about the rhythm can be said as much - The result, though, is still unambiguous enough. What that man just poured out of his militia whistle, was an alarm. Worse yet, it is the version which asks for assistance.

The implications, are clear enough - he has companions, he is seemingly aware of what or who you are, and he is not confident in dealing with you himself.

You leave your agitated mind to ponder your possibilities, but the results are unfavourable at best.
The inside of the tree, is far too small to fight in. While only decapitation, or cutting your heart out would kill you outright, magic, or banishment from priests, are also a risk to your unlife.

The current weather and time of day however, leave you not completely helpless. Most of your strength is there, but your motions outside would be rather stiff. Not enough to outrun anybody with a healthy set of legs, sure, but having been a somewhat competent swordsman in life, you are confident that you could handle a few hoodlums, changed body or not.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 14, 2015, 08:23:45 am »

He knows I'm here, might as well give up the charade.

Walk out of the oak, and and tell him to stay away and leave me be. Find another place to rest. Keep an eye on the dog. Club him if the owner decides to let him loose on me. It would be his fault for not heeding my warning.
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #78 on: November 14, 2015, 08:56:33 am »

Walk out of the oak, and and tell him to stay away and leave me be. Find another place to rest. Keep an eye on the dog. Club him if the owner decides to let him loose on me. It would be his fault for not heeding my warning.

do that
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 14, 2015, 12:11:09 pm »

-1, he already blew the whistle, it is too late for that. Even if we can get rid of him easily enough, he has some backup incoming. If he is part of a militia, he is probably one of Chancellor Ganvor's conscripts. Our position would be best if he didn't know we are back up yet, but it looks like our cover is blown. We could try to either let him live in a way that made it look like he made up the "Ghost Story" of seeing us (Which is difficult, if not impossible), or wipe out the entire militia section to prevent word from getting out.

The others are probably too close to do anything that takes more then a few minutes of time, and likely have at least one dog among them. Even if we let him live and escape, the dog would have our scent trail and could track us. Even if he is terrified now, there is no doubt that having his buddies near him would calm him down enough to be a decent threat.

In the end, he left us no choice. We must kill him and take his blade, before the others arrive. We can then face the section with the sword, lessening our disadvantage. This is war now. This man is a soldier. And enemy soldier.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]