Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Afterlife  (Read 4969 times)

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
Re: Afterlife
« Reply #60 on: November 09, 2015, 07:07:28 pm »

I am a corpse. Play Dead

+1 to playing dead. Rather clever given the situation.

-1 to attacking them. We are trying to avoid notice, if one lives after a fight and runs away we will never be able to catch him. Our ring is all we have worth anything, simply place it under our tongue before playing dead. He won't check there, letting us keeping all our valuables and our identity secret.
Indeed.
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

KillerHP

• Bay Watcher
  • im french :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 10, 2015, 11:18:36 am »

Thats what you can call a shelter.
Now gather some big branches to make some sort of pillars in case that tree falls or anything.
IT should be our little refuge.
Mark the location of our little refuge in our brain.(its still here?)
A random person which does stuff and likes roguelikes and SS13...

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 10, 2015, 11:19:51 am »

I am a corpse. Play Dead

-1 to attacking them. We are trying to avoid notice, if one lives after a fight and runs away we will never be able to catch him. Our ring is all we have worth anything, simply place it under our tongue before playing dead. He won't check there, letting us keeping all our valuables and our identity secret.
+1
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 10, 2015, 12:16:58 pm »

If we play dead, then let's make sure our Sigil Ring is not found, should whoever comes in decide to search us.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 10, 2015, 01:51:10 pm »

I am a corpse. Play Dead

+1
+1
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 10, 2015, 05:40:10 pm »

Afterlife

As the dog starts to scratch at the makeshift door, a realization hits your mind. You are, for most intents and purposes, dead. Should you not move, there is little chance that this visitor could get wise to you.

You quickly hide your sigil ring under your tongue, as to prevent it from being looted, and lean back. Better yet, you cross your arms in front of your chest, purse your lips to what you hope will be a peaceful smile, and hope for the best. Unneeded cautions, as you find.

Lightly opening your eyes, the man is already by the next oak, though he stops short of its shadow. It is also only by that time, that he voices a clearly nervous command to his dog, all the while peering at your daytime shelter.

This, you find to be a very unexpected development, as only some priests, mages - and quite possibly sorcerers as well - should have the means to detect the undead. According to his clothes, the peasant in your sight is anything but the two former, and while the later tend to hide their identity, you would have envisioned even them to be a bit more prestigious in their appearance.

Looking outside, you can clearly see the first signs of dusk through the grey blanket of clouds which hangs in the sky. While the current light is not truly unfavourable, you still will be hindered by it for the next hour and a half to come.

Focusing your attention back towards your visitor, his gaze is still glued to the darkness in which you have hidden yourself. Heaving an especially heavy sigh, he even seems to have collected himself a bit. He is clothed in coarse linens, only little better than your own, and his only weapon seems to be a long-dagger. Which he has clutched in his hand, though not yet drawn.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 10, 2015, 05:44:10 pm »

Continue being dead.  It may have been the, y'know, corpse bit that shocked him.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 10, 2015, 05:56:55 pm »

Maybe this is his house?

keep playing dead. Bury myself under the floorboards if he leaves.
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 10, 2015, 06:56:34 pm »

We aren't in a house, we are in a tree. It doesn't have floorboards, and we where the ones to put the door on. It is possible we faked being dead in the place he squatted in though  :P.

Its daytime anyway, not like we can get much fighting in. +1 for continuing to play dead. It is still too early to make a call on any other action, and we could make use of his obviose terror if he gets too close.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
  • Enclave here, why isn't your video feed working?
    • View Profile
    • [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ylvdlc5.jpg[/IMG]
« Reply #69 on: November 10, 2015, 07:11:31 pm »

Continue being dead.  It may have been the, y'know, corpse bit that shocked him.
+1

We also have to be weary about the fact that he might try to pull us out and bury us. If he drags us into the light, we are done for.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 10, 2015, 08:49:10 pm »

If he tries to drag us out, resist, and say:

"Hello, there! How has your day been today?"
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
  • Enclave here, why isn't your video feed working?
    • View Profile
    • [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ylvdlc5.jpg[/IMG]
« Reply #71 on: November 10, 2015, 11:52:51 pm »

He and his dog will most likely react in a hostile manner, so we should use the split second of that surprise, after saying that; to hit dog or him. Maybe the dog first since the Peasant would have a slow reaction time, having both hands active into dragging us. We have a club and aided with our strength, we should be able to heavily injure the dog or knock it out. The Peasant would probably be too fearful to be combat effective, also coupled with the fact that he is probably not versed in the dagger. Also our Club is larger than his dagger, but it comes at the cost of him having more Agility. Better Agility can easily outmatch strength, especially in our situation being a Reverent.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2015, 11:54:33 pm by Lidku »

Kyzrati

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Grid Sage Games
« Reply #72 on: November 13, 2015, 09:16:04 am »

(Just me running a plain old suggestion game? The semblance to ascii-roguelikes, is intended though. Good times. On that matter, I'll take the chance to give credit to "Kyzrati", creator of "Rexpaint", which makes all of this rather easy. Well, at least compared to most other methods out there, I guess.)
(Sorry to interrupt, just passing through and wanted to say thanks for the credit! Brand new REXPaint website going up very soon, and a 1.0 release will follow. I must also say I really like your images here--later this year I'll be holding an ASCII art competition for REXPaint users, and maybe you'd be interested :D)
Cogmind - Sci-fi Roguelike (devblog) | X@COM - The X-COM RL | REXPaint - ASCII art editor | Patreon

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 13, 2015, 10:34:20 am »

He and his dog will most likely react in a hostile manner, so we should use the split second of that surprise, after saying that; to hit dog or him. Maybe the dog first since the Peasant would have a slow reaction time, having both hands active into dragging us. We have a club and aided with our strength, we should be able to heavily injure the dog or knock it out. The Peasant would probably be too fearful to be combat effective, also coupled with the fact that he is probably not versed in the dagger. Also our Club is larger than his dagger, but it comes at the cost of him having more Agility. Better Agility can easily outmatch strength, especially in our situation being a Reverent.
-1 to harming them. We need to keep up our Benevolent alignment to get the best ending/afterlife.

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 14, 2015, 06:04:33 am »

(Sorry to interrupt, just passing through and wanted to say thanks for the credit! Brand new REXPaint website going up very soon, and a 1.0 release will follow. I must also say I really like your images here--later this year I'll be holding an ASCII art competition for REXPaint users, and maybe you'd be interested :D)

Huh. Well, I didn't suspect that developement.
As for interrupting, you certainly aren't. And even if you were - If your creation weren't as easy to use as it is, I am quite sure that this game right here would have remained an idea, to be shelved in an ever-growing folder of mine. (No, really - I wouldn't have wanted to pixel two running games at once.) So there's that, I suppose.

As for participating, well, I can't promise anything, but I am not uninterested.

(Turn should be up in an hour or so.)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6