Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Grotesquerie (Office Roleplay)  (Read 4261 times)

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
Grotesquerie (Office Roleplay)
« on: November 04, 2015, 02:02:31 pm »

Grotesquerie
Mutation, Stress, and Petty Office Politics
At least this is better then an hour ago, when you were vomiting liquid nitrogen. Your landlord's going to be unhappy with all these fungal spores. Probably covered in the lease.

Your cellphone starts ringing somewhere inside your thigh, which has gone all slimy. You tug it out and answer.

What was meant to be a friendly hello sounds more like a death rattle. You try again with a "What's up?".

"What's up with me? What's up with my favorite employee!" says Derek. "How'd the product testing go? You tell me: do you think Xorixideobroziumamalyde ready for launch or what?"

You try to speak but your tongue flops out. Or rather, the parasite that's replaced your tongue. It's dead from fungal infection. You question ifsou this was worth the $50 bonus.

"I think it has potential," you slur while pushing the parasite back in. "It did raise my blood sugars." Amongst other things, such as your rate of genetic degradation or the amount of flesh-eating bacteria living in you.

"I am so happy to hear that," he says. "You know Catherine? She took part in the test and totally unrelated to the whole thing, she selfishly turns into an abomination. It took the clean-up crew six hours to get her writhing guts out of my golf shoes, I mean God! She makes the whole product look bad because of some illness. Probably inherited, you know. Greeks."

Your eyes are on stalks now. Like a snail's.

Maybe you shouldn't go to work today.

"Yeah, boss," you say. "I'm going to need to take a sick day."

There is a pause.

"You know bees?" he asks. "They don't take sick days. Be a bee. I want to see you bright-eyed and bushy-tailed in the office in thirty minutes. Bye-bye, don't forget to brush them pearlies!"

It takes you about five minutes to get dressed. You spend twenty minutes pushing your eyes back in and bathing in Athlete's Foot cream. The only food you can eat without sweating it out is sour cream, which you eat a tub of. You're out the door by fifteen past.

You think you can keep yourself together if you just don't panic. If you panic, that's when the tentacles and the parasites start forming. Just have a nice, stress-free day.

Shouldn't be impossible, right...?

What is This?
You're an office worker for a major pharmaceutical company.

The pills you took cause mutations triggered by stress.

If you are revealed to be a mutant, you will be purged from the company.

This is going to be a bad day.

Spoiler: Mechanics & Gameplay (click to show/hide)

How do I Join?
Fill out this character sheet.

Name: What are you called.
Examples: Alice, Bob, Carol.

Job: What do you do here.
Examples: Data-entry assistant, marketing analyst, evidence shredder.

Talent: A single trait describing what you're good at.
Examples: Running very fast, fast-talking, chugging kegs.

Failing: A single trait describing what you're awful at.
Examples: Using computers, being tough, backing down from a stupid position.

Quote: Something distinctive you'd say.
Examples: "That's just unsanitary." "Oh no, not taco night. "I'm too drunk to care!"

Name:
Job:
Talent:
Failing:
Quote:

You also start out with a mutation that I'll roll for. Hopefully it's not too disfiguring!

I'll try to update this on a bi-weekly basis, but I'll try not to burn out on it. I'm accepting five players.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
Re: Grotesquerie (Office Roleplay)
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2015, 02:15:13 pm »

Name: Jacob
Job: IT
Talent: Fixing computers
Failing: Not being an arrogant jackass.
Quote: "My god, just reroute the system to the 9th quartile and reanalyze the RAM, idiot."
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2015, 02:21:47 pm »

Spoiler: Character (click to show/hide)

This is hopefully going to be an amusing game.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2015, 02:30:52 pm »

Name: Peter the beater
Job: PR
Talent: charming people
Failing: Addicted to beating his meat
Quote: "Hey, mind if you give me a picture beautiful?"
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2015, 02:56:56 pm »

Name: Hank
Job: Viscera Cleanup Detail
Talent: Surviving
Failing: Respect towards Superiors
Quote: Good Heavens are these Human Cadavers?

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2015, 02:59:21 pm »

Quote: "My god, just reroute the system to the 9th quartile and reanalyze the RAM, idiot."
Oh no you don't.  NO SPOUTING FAKE TECHNOBABBLE.
Name:Noname Guy
Job:3rd-level support tech (the guy you call after you've allegedly tried rebooting and the troubleshooters.)
Talent:Extremely good technical skills.
Failure:Extremely introverted.  Rarely seen anywhere.  Appears to communicate solely by email and text.  Even when you're in the same room, sometimes.
Quote:"...Uh...Hi...Uh...Hello...Hi...Uh...You...Uh...Wanted to...Uh...Talk to me...Uh...Right?"
« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 03:31:55 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2015, 03:02:30 pm »

Job:3rd-level support tech (the guy you call after you've tried rebooting and the troubleshooters.)
Talent:ACTUAL tech support.
Failure:Extremely introverted.  Rarely seen anywhere.  Appears to communicate solely by email and text.  Even when you're in the same room, sometimes.
Quote:"...Uh...Hi...Uh...Hello...Hi...Uh...You...Uh...Wanted to...Uh...Talk to me...Uh...Right?"
He's a complete asshole who mixes actual advice with total nonsense.
He actually gives tech support but is a social failure.
Together, they fight workplace efficency.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2015, 03:05:37 pm »

Job:3rd-level support tech (the guy you call after you've tried rebooting and the troubleshooters.)
Talent:ACTUAL tech support.
He's a complete asshole who mixes actual advice with total nonsense.
He actually gives tech support but is a social failure.
Together, they fight workplace efficency.
What?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2015, 03:09:46 pm »

It was a joke using the 'They fight crime' formula since your characters seem like opposites yet they would be forced to work together.

Keep the sheets coming, folks.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2015, 03:11:59 pm »

Name: Dustan Hache
Job:Private Security/Corporate Assasin
Talent:Hand-to-hand Combat.
Failing:Attention span, especially on paperwork.
Quote: "Wanna see a magic trick? Presto, you're dead!"
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2015, 03:24:56 pm »

PTW.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2015, 09:37:06 am »

Name: Diana

Job: Middle-Management

Talent: Office Politics

Failing: Actually Managing People

Quote: "I want a report on my desk about [insert ridiculously-underthought-and-ambitious-corporate-planning-idea] on my desk in 20 minutes!"
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Nunzillor

« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2015, 11:19:26 am »

Name: Zach
Job: Focus-group testing
Talent: Sugar coating awful realities
Failing: Being truthful
Quote: "The sun is shining, the birds are singing, and you all have the opportunity to take a pill that will increase your attractiveness by 300%.  What an amazing day!"

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2015, 12:39:12 pm »

(And our first post begins! To those who didn't make it, don't worry, you'll be on the waitlist. Also, there was some amazing first rolls on this update. I think it bodes well.

By the by, the corporate schedule goes as the users are ordered: Mcclay, Ghazkull, Hector13, Nunzillor, Gamedragon. I think the work may be delayed, considering mcclay's current situation.)
mcclay
I.T. Department, Level +4
"WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT?" you yell at the screen. Your coworkers stare at you. "Everyone knows Grobok is shit, SO WHY DID YOU PICK HIM?"

The sobs of the thirteen year old you're yelling at are slightly warped by his awful microphone. You grind your teeth.

"Stop crying you pussy," you scream into your headset. "This is Defense of the League, bitch. You're in my world now, there's no escape! I will hunt you down and murder your entire family for what you did to me. You will run, no doubt, but there is no hiding from me. The only escape from my unending torment is the sweet release of death, MOTHERFUCKER!"

Did he... He left. Now the whole team's quitting! GODDAMMIT! NO!

[111: No Eyes] Oh shit, your eyes just fell out. You try shoving them back in a (literally) blind panic, but where your sockets once where is simply slightly yielding flesh.

And the computer just made a 'email received' sound. You're going to need to think fast.
Spoiler: Name: Jacob (click to show/hide)

Ghazkull
Research & Development, Level -3
You idly wonder what the person who painted 'save me' on the wall with their own blood was trying to accomplish. By the time any help would have gotten here, they would be long dead. So, perhaps it was an incomplete message, like they meant to write 'save me a crisp'. Even then, that doesn't make much sense.

You dip your mop in the bucket again, as the soapy water turns to red. You're almost done with this department. You go towards the elevator, then slip on a bit you already did and kick over the bucket, spreading gore on the pristine floors. GAH.

[524: Directional Sense] Suddenly, you gain a whole new sense. Objects gain a heaviness to them, and even with your eyes closed you know exactly where everything is. In your bones you know that you are facing northwest, the overturned bucket at southeast, and that camera is pointing exactly west.

Well, at least this is kind of useful unlike that third arm you had to chop off in the bathroom.
Spoiler: Name: Hank (click to show/hide)

hector13
Management Offices, Level +5
"Okay, can you please explain what's going on down there?" you say vaguely while playing with the executive toy that your aunt got you for Christmas. You're not sure what it does, but it is making a pinging sound when you press the button. "In layperson's terms?"

"Well, basically," the technician over the phone proceeds to fall into technobabble and nonsense. Oh Jesus, why can't people explain things clearly? You're so good at communicating but people just don't want to listen. "And that's the issue."

"Okay, that sounds great," you say. "So you can just pass it onto that IT guy, what's his face, Johnny? Jacob? It sounds like a computer problem to me."

"Well, if the containment field doesn't hold, it could have--"

"Bye bye now!" you hang up. You press the other button on the executive toy, and end up getting speared with a sharp part of it when the whole thing collapses in on itself. Goddamn Chinese trinkets. You lick your bleeding thumb.

[872: Mercreature] Your legs clamp together automatically, like a vice. It's too late when the fusing starts. After fifteen seconds in pain, you are now in possession of a merperson's tail, scales and all. This would have been great if you were eight and still living by the coast, not now where the nearest body of water caused several kids to melt when they paddled in it.

Looks like you're going to have to do a lot of deskwork from here on out.
Spoiler: Name: Diana (click to show/hide)

Nunzillor
Marketing & Public Relations, Level -1
"So, who can tell me what their favorite quality of the product is?" you ask.

"Please let me go, I have a family," says the potential customer (Or PotCust, to use the cool abbreviated term, or AbbreTerm) tied up in the chair. She looks desperately around but can find no escape from the cell.

"I say that the vitiligo really brings out the color in your eyes," you say, writing that into your clipboard. "So, I think this is possibly the opening this company needs for their break into cosmetic products. Now, what is your least favorite quality of the product? Take your time, I know you'll need to think hard."

"I hope you die in a fire," says the PotCust.

"Look, if you want to play hardball," you say diplomatically. "We can do that. I'm down with this."

The PotCust reels back and your ears ring from the cacophony of machine gun fire. Now the woman has more holes in her then a swiss cheese. You glare at the guard, who's about as embarrassed as a nightmarish gasmasked deathtrooper can be.

"I thought you said you were done with this, and that was the signal, so," he says. After a few moments, he steps out of the room. "I'll just... Go..."

You hold your head in your hands and groan. Yet another useless termination! This whole 'kidnap and interrogate' method of focus testing almost seems like a bad idea now. It makes you so angry it... No, not angry, frustrated, no, not frustrated, minimally happy--

[472: Phobia (Enclosed Spaces)] Oh God. You're in a concrete cell with a dead body. You stand up and you can't even extend your arms all the way. Gotta get out. Oh God, gotta get out of here!

Spoiler: Name: Zach (click to show/hide)

Gamedragon
Marketing and Public Relations, Level -1
"Listen, my mother took anti-combustion pills specifically to avoid being a victim of spontaneous combustion," says the busybody. "So when I come to her nursing home and find out she burst into flame specifically because of the anti-combustion pills, I want reparation!"

"Oh yes, sir," you say while keeping one finger on the 'dispatch corporate assassin' button on the phone. "How about I send you onto our very dedicated automated public assistance entity, which will--"

"That's just an answering machine that makes me push numbers for no reason!" she yells into the phone. "What are you trying to pull on me?"

Shit. She figured it out. Oh shit, what do you DO!?

[794: Electrical Travel] Suddenly, your world goes crazy. You fly along inside a long black tube, and see a light in the end. Did you just die? Is that what going to heaven's like? If it is, God is a middle-aged twerp in a cardigan holding a phone, looking at you strange. You're on the floor of a kitchen, recently occupied by children judging by all the jam smeared on the walls. She looks down on you and says "Well, alright, that's actually quite convenient. What a bloody good helpline!"

This is going to be tough to explain to the manager.
Spoiler: Name: Joe (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 12:43:27 pm by Fniff »

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2015, 12:52:38 pm »

have my pocket phone ring in the lobby with the number of the person who just called Joe. Get in the company van(which holds all my work stuff short of my pistol and assault rifle for guard duty) and start driving using the GPS function on my phone to track the number's address then navigate to it with the GPS in the van itself. clear the phone's search and Drive in unsuspiciously.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 12:54:14 pm by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4