Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1701 1702 [1703] 1704 1705 ... 1862

Author Topic: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [IC] Four is Death...  (Read 772214 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Re: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [IC] Four is Death...
« Reply #25530 on: April 16, 2016, 05:00:14 pm »

All 6AR gets is a factory floor with an assembly line producing said belt. Which isn't too helpful, as that could be anywhere in the city.

There's no map in sight, but perhaps they could ask for one.
"Somehow, I doubt it would've been a Trespasser. If nothing else, the Heroic Union would've been all over it already.

As it is, it's just me and Penny here. I suppose I should explain what, precisely, these belts were made for, no?"

"Hey. Are you okay, Pluton?"

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #25531 on: April 16, 2016, 05:03:24 pm »

Victoria shrugs. "I don't know, I was more asking you, since they're your dolls."[/color]

((Say, how long would Haruka have known Victoria, anyway?))
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #25532 on: April 16, 2016, 05:03:37 pm »

"I, uh, I guess so, yeah. Grenade hurt a lot, but I think I'm fine now.

Are you?"
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25533 on: April 16, 2016, 05:04:35 pm »

"Mostly...wait, grenade?"

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25534 on: April 16, 2016, 05:05:50 pm »

"And a map of the area?

...They seem to have a mass-production facility."

Compare belt, to map.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #25535 on: April 16, 2016, 05:08:39 pm »

"Erm, yeah? I got hit by a grenade. I mean, it hurt, but 's fine now, probably."
Pluton shrugs his shoulders in a 'what-can-you-do' kind of way.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25536 on: April 16, 2016, 05:09:35 pm »

Wilson quietly mutters something about grenade safety and something else that sounds like an apology.
Black lives matter.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25537 on: April 16, 2016, 05:10:13 pm »

"Here.

Well, that's not very helpful. Not until we know where these things are made specifically. There's tons of factories around here. And anyway, I'd rather have a look at these belts first before I go searching. I want to know just HOW much they emulated our work."

Tatsuya tosses him a map.

City F alone is huge, and there's a LOT of factories. A LOT. It's almost impossible to discern where these belts might have even been made. Even the belt doesn't seem to be much help.

"......are you sure?"

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25538 on: April 16, 2016, 05:12:38 pm »

Well then.

"I am unable to locate it.  Is there some core piece of the belt that could perhaps provide a less cluttered trace?"
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #25539 on: April 16, 2016, 05:13:02 pm »

"Uh, yeah? I think? I heal pretty fast, and I did get some meds and healing after it, too.

I mean, I'm hope I'm fine. It'd be pretty bad for me if I wasn't.""

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25540 on: April 16, 2016, 05:18:46 pm »

Well then.

"I am unable to locate it.  Is there some core piece of the belt that could perhaps provide a less cluttered trace?"

"Not unless you let me dismantle it first. Considering that some of these parts are rather volatile, I'd rather do it alone."

"Are you entirely sure you're fine?"

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25541 on: April 16, 2016, 05:20:17 pm »

"Indeed."

Is it possible to narrow down the factories by shape and square footage?
Sigtext

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #25542 on: April 16, 2016, 05:20:23 pm »

"I hope so.

I, uh, should've walked it off by now, anyway. Yeah."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25543 on: April 16, 2016, 05:51:41 pm »

Even with that, there's still a lot of factories.
"Well, anyway. I guess I'd better explain WHY it's so crucial we find these belts.

You see, five years ago, there was a great scientist- and a good man, besides. Doctor Hiroshi Toshiba; my mentor and someone very important to Penny."

Penelope seems a little....sadder at the mention of the name. As does Tatsuya. He takes a moment, before shaking his head.
"He wanted to make the world a little safer from supervillains and the giant monsters- kaiju, we call them- who attack the cities of our world. To do that, he created the Rider System; what you would call power armour. They were intended to create a generation of soldiers, capable of supporting or even supplanting superheroes in their protection of the world. He themed them after the tarot Arcana; a lot easier to keep track of them, and a lot easier to make a wearer recognisable. To give them a sort of beacon to signal civilians to call them.

The prototype belts were Sol and Luna. Those were the belts you saw being wielded today by the Sloane brothers. They were proof of concept, proof that these belts could actually work. They're stronger than your average human, yes, but against a wielder of a Second-Generation Belt, such as mine or Penny's, they're deeply disadvantage. They lack quite a few features, they're not as defensive, and they're rather crude.

Then there are the belts that Doctor Toshiba refined. There were five.

Aeon, the belt of wind, based around the Wheel of Fortune, and Penny's belt. Flamma, the belt of flames, based on the Magician, and mine. Mares, the belt of water, based on the High Priestess, and Gaia, the belt of earth, based on the Chariot. The fifth and most powerful was Aether, the belt of quintessence, based on the Hierophant, and Toshiba's own personal belt.

Of those five, Sol and Luna, we possess only Aeon and Flamma, and know who holds Mares; she's a friend of ours. I'll introduce you to her later.

Anyway, after that, he realised that slowly making these belts and refining their power and strength was too inefficient, so he worked on streamlining them and making them easier to produce. He got to twenty belts before......his untimely death; he was killed, while presenting his technology at the Largo Tech Expo, a convention of technology, five years ago."

"That......t-that's where I got this belt. He...." Penelope chokes slightly. "H-he gave it to me, b-before he....."
"......and ever since, Penny and I have been trying to track down the remaining belts; most of them were stolen after his death. For the doctor." Tatsuya clenches his fist, closing his eyes. ".....that attack you saw wasn't the first, but it is the biggest thus far. The reports have always been the same; black-armoured Riders attacking civilians seemingly indiscriminately.

Every other time Penny and I have tried, the Rider fled before I could get the belt. Now.....now that we have a belt, I can figure out where these things are coming from. Maybe whoever's making these belts...."

"Whoever's making those belts may have stolen the other belts we're missing." Penelope's regained her composure as she stands up. "If we can find the manufacturer, we'll most likely find whoever's making the belts. And if they're using innocent people to fight for them, then it's all the more reason to take them down.

That's where this might help the effort against the Trespassers. These suits were designed to take on Kaiju assaults directly. They're rated to withstand several hundred tons of force, can shield a wearer from temperature extremes, gunfire, bladed weapons and radiation. They're designed to boost the wearer's strength, speed, agility and durability beyond human levels, and carry weapons rated for versatility and power to take down giant monsters capable of levelling cities. Of course, that's just the second-generation models; the mass-produced ones are nowhere near that level of power. The doctor sacrificed power for efficiency.

If we can acquire even one of these second-generation belts, perhaps one of you could use them against the Trespassers."

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25544 on: April 16, 2016, 05:54:02 pm »

"I see.."
Black lives matter.
Pages: 1 ... 1701 1702 [1703] 1704 1705 ... 1862