Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 891 892 [893] 894 895 ... 1862

Author Topic: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [IC] Four is Death...  (Read 770391 times)

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
Re: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [IC] Vertex and God trees! Oh my!
« Reply #13380 on: January 19, 2016, 05:46:10 pm »

"ENG, timey-wimey stuff happens.  I'm from an Earth."
Timey-wimey? TARDIS? I feel like I have heard that before.. I can't remember where exactly."
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13381 on: January 19, 2016, 05:47:05 pm »

"Blue box, bigger on the inside?  Ring any bells?

Come on, this is the perfect time for a dramatic entrance..."
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #13382 on: January 19, 2016, 05:48:22 pm »

The GM appears and delivers a Gibbs slap to Alanis before leaving. How's that for dramatic?
"......and here you go on tangents again, Alanis. Well, at least the food's ready."

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13383 on: January 19, 2016, 05:48:58 pm »

"Blue box, bigger on the inside?  Ring any bells?

Come on, this is the perfect time for a dramatic entrance..."

"Is it a TV show? Goodness knows the last time I've Watched television."
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13384 on: January 19, 2016, 05:50:15 pm »

Ian blinks.
"... Maybe I should skip dinner..."

"Yo hombre! What do they call you?"

"Like, D&D, magic, magic.

Oh, so you are from Earth.  Probably.  WHEN are you from?"

Alanis notices Aesford thinking at ItE.

"No.  Neither am I, for that matter."

"Last time I looked at a clock it was 16:51, Wednesday, November 5th, Year 704 A.O.F. What time are we in here?"

[No. I am not telepathic. I cannot read minds. Just speak without language. It is a very different thing.]

[If you ever come to my world, I should get you to talk to this guy named Noam Chomsky, our modern linguist virtuoso. He'd go nuts."

"ENG, timey-wimey stuff happens.  I'm from an Earth."

"ENG. Is that an acronym?"

Eirika says simply "Eirika."
Aesford would note the dissonance between her mask and the baggy sweatshirt.

Aesford nods frankly in return. He was well-acquainted with the terse, quiet type.

The GM appears and delivers a Gibbs slap to Alanis before leaving. How's that for dramatic?
"......and here you go on tangents again, Alanis. Well, at least the food's ready."

"Oh, we' eatin'? I arrived just in time."

"Sounds like a lot of you came from a world without any football, which is downright shocking for me. It's like visiting a world where people had no concept of government, or society for that matter."
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #13385 on: January 19, 2016, 05:51:59 pm »

"Many call me an ass. But my name is Ian."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #13386 on: January 19, 2016, 05:52:43 pm »

"17:51, Wednesday, April 6th. Year 768, Shinju Era. Though, of course, time doesn't really matter when you're travelling between multiverses.

And we're eating. You're welcome to some, if you'd like."

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13387 on: January 19, 2016, 05:52:53 pm »

"Sorry, Mio.  Inner fanperson got a bit carried away squeeing at the possibility of actually seeing the real thing.

Yes, it's a TV show.  Although it's probably also real somewhere.

Argh, times that aren't measured in Anno Domini/Common Era strike again.  I'll peg you as 'far ahead of me' then.  If you have a Gregorian calendar, probably that one.  A.O.F?

Wait, how the heck...  Because Noah Chomsky sounds vaguely like a person from my previous now.

I don't know, ask him."
« Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 06:15:26 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13388 on: January 19, 2016, 05:54:41 pm »

"Keen eye. It's also a codename."

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13389 on: January 19, 2016, 06:24:09 pm »

"17:51, Wednesday, April 6th. Year 768, Shinju Era. Though, of course, time doesn't really matter when you're travelling between multiverses.

And we're eating. You're welcome to some, if you'd like."

"Refusing would be rude, I'll join. What's on the menu for tonight?"

"Sorry, Mio.  Inner fanperson got a bit carried away squeeing at the possibility of actually seeing the real thing.

Yes, it's a TV show.  Although it's probably also real somewhere.

Argh, times that aren't measured in Anno Domini/Common Era strike again.  I'll peg you as 'far ahead of me' then.  If you have a Gregorian calendar, probably that one.  A.O.F?

Wait, how the heck...  Because Noah Chomsky sounds vaguely like a person from my previous now.

I don't know, ask him."

"A.O.F., the Age of Football. It's what came after the Final Holocaust." Aesford scratches his chin, "If Chomsky exists in your world, then maybe that means that different versions of the same people exist in the different universes? And that all of our universes are just different versions of each other with some sort of constant?"

"Keen eye. It's also a codename."

"Sweet. My codename is Optimus Prime."
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13390 on: January 19, 2016, 06:30:35 pm »

"Heh, Giant robots aren't as cool as you think. On the same note, we have Battle-Frame Robotics in the future. Current ones are outdated and outgunned by a tank, but I hear that there's a new batch in the works."

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13391 on: January 19, 2016, 06:31:57 pm »

"How many world wars, then?

Yes, there appears to be a probability spectrum.  Or something.

I'd really have to ask an expert.  Of which there aren't.

Wait, you actually got that reference?"
Sigtext

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13392 on: January 19, 2016, 06:36:31 pm »

"Heh, Giant robots aren't as cool as you think. On the same note, we have Battle-Frame Robotics in the future. Current ones are outdated and outgunned by a tank, but I hear that there's a new batch in the works."
"It's good that we have robots to fight that interdimensional shit that's causing them problems. And Giant Robots are badass, have you seen Pacific Rim?"

"How many world wars, then?

Yes, there appears to be a probability spectrum.  Or something.

I'd really have to ask an expert.  Of which there aren't.

Wait, you actually got that reference?"

"With the nations rising and falling, splitting and merging, it was hard to tell what constituted as a world war, or a regional war, or even a civil war. There was a lot of fighting.
Which reference?"

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13393 on: January 19, 2016, 06:38:42 pm »

"...Okay, then.

HOW THE FLAZZBLARGLE ARE YOU MAKING THE SAME CULTURAL REFERENCES AS I HAVE?!"
Sigtext

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13394 on: January 19, 2016, 06:40:00 pm »

"Mio, the child is screaming again."
Black lives matter.
Pages: 1 ... 891 892 [893] 894 895 ... 1862