Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1015 1016 [1017] 1018 1019 ... 1862

Author Topic: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [IC] Four is Death...  (Read 770520 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Re: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [IC] Vertex and God trees! Oh my!
« Reply #15240 on: January 30, 2016, 12:09:33 pm »

Hikari shakes her head, looking absolutely terrified.
"N-no. T-this is bad. V-very bad. If there's a hole in the barrier...t-this close to the centre...t-the Vertex have a hole straight t-to the Shinju-sama.

A-and then......t-that's it. W-we're all.....done for...."

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #15241 on: January 30, 2016, 12:14:17 pm »

When everyone stops being momentarily blinded, their vision slowly fades in to see that they stand in the Jukai, the barrier between the outside world and Kamogawa. If they look around, Mio and Sora are missing; only Hikari of the three is present, staring at something just out of vision for now.

The landscape is as psychedelic as always, almost entirely dominated by roots of all shapes, colours and sizes, with the giant Shinju tree behind the group. There is only one thing of notice, as everyone slowly looks towards where Hikari is staring.

A giant, jagged gash in the Jukai, directly in front of them, inches in the air off where Hikari is standing.

Beyond, a corridor of swirling flame leading into the distance can be seen, leading to some unknowable doom. Somehow, you feel something about this corridor, about this gash, is wrong.

It That Embraces watches the gash.
[The end of the world. The beginning of something else.]

Not quite the non-existence she's used to, but definitely not something friendly for the people in this little bubble dimension. It all feels so small now. So very small.

She has the slightest sense of deja vu. How odd.
[...someone did this.]

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #15242 on: January 30, 2016, 12:14:46 pm »

"Hey, we're not dead yet. There's a chance they haven't reached it yet, which means we could go stop it."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #15243 on: January 30, 2016, 12:15:45 pm »

ENG would pale at the implications.
"defective how, exactly?..."
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15244 on: January 30, 2016, 12:16:42 pm »

"Mio's in danger too."
Alanis shows her phone to Hikari.
"Right.  Everyone, get a perimeter going.  I'll try and put a wall over the hole.

Someone look for the...missing...Aw, CARP CARP CARPITY CARPING CARP!  She's not here!

Wait, is that a hole IN, or OUT, or some other direction?"

Capital-L Look at the hole.

Kinetic Shell over it.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 12:22:24 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15245 on: January 30, 2016, 12:22:50 pm »

Fukuhara looks grave.
"That Terminal shouldn't be able to turn someone into a Hero, not normally. It was broken when its last user was decomissioned. Miss Akiyama, its last user and currently working down the hall, asked us to try to repair it and so we're doing so currently.

The reason we're trying to keep them out of other hands is that these Terminals have the potential to grant short-lived power onto people it hasn't accepted into the Hero System using their life energy instead of the power of the Shinju to power their attacks. At least, we believe it may be able to do that. As you might imagine, nobody has wanted to test it.

This is all theoretical, of course, but nonetheless, I request that you assist us in retrieving it for the safety of the thief as well as public concerns. We would not wish this to escalate, even if the Terminal simply doesn't work."

Hikari pales.
"No way. Sachi. Sachi asked you to protect Mio?

N-never mind. And what does it matter?! That hole can be crossed either way, can't it?! Agh, dammit! Where's Sora and where's Mio?"

The moment Alanis attempts to wall it, the gash emits a loud screeching noise before shattering it. Her magesight, the moment she stares upon it, just shuts off, followed with shooting pains into Alanis' head.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 12:27:47 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15246 on: January 30, 2016, 12:26:47 pm »

"Agh, ow!

And yes!

Good question but I bet 'back there' is one of the more likely answers!  Followed by 'through that thing'!  I really hope it's not, that thing is wrong!

Can't block it, can't close it, I guess we guard it?

Again, defemsive positions, watch out for fliers!"
« Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 12:29:16 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #15247 on: January 30, 2016, 12:28:03 pm »

[We must do what we can.]

It That Embraces investigates the gash, and even dares to peek out to what lies beyond. Perhaps this is where the others may have gotten off to?

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15248 on: January 30, 2016, 12:33:20 pm »

((Alanis is a she, Elf.  Please don't have this debate OOC too...))
Alanis takes her own advice, pacing around the tear to get a decent idea of the land and eventually, assuming no tactical advantage resides behind the rift (like uninterrupted sightlines), takes a position next to It That Embraces.
Sigtext

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #15249 on: January 30, 2016, 12:37:01 pm »

Sandra looks frightened, as always. She also looks absolutely gutted about some dirt on her skirt, evidently not grasping the gravity of the situation.
thincake

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #15250 on: January 30, 2016, 12:37:40 pm »

Fukuhara looks grave.
"That Terminal shouldn't be able to turn someone into a Hero, not normally. It was broken when its last user was decomissioned. Miss Akiyama, its last user and currently working down the hall, asked us to try to repair it and so we're doing so currently.

The reason we're trying to keep them out of other hands is that these Terminals have the potential to grant short-lived power onto people it hasn't accepted into the Hero System using their life energy instead of the power of the Shinju to power their attacks. At least, we believe it may be able to do that. As you might imagine, nobody has wanted to test it.

This is all theoretical, of course, but nonetheless, I request that you assist us in retrieving it for the safety of the thief as well as public concerns. We would not wish this to escalate, even if the Terminal simply doesn't work."

ENG would nod, and turn his attention to the guard.
"I need Details. They're out of the building? Which direction?"
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15251 on: January 30, 2016, 12:38:22 pm »

"Sandra!  Skirt later!  Not dying now!  We're about to be fighting stuff!"
Sigtext

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15252 on: January 30, 2016, 12:40:42 pm »

((quit whining
it's an honest mistake
god tbf))
All ItE and Alanis can see beyond it is hellish fire that extends almost infinitely.
"Of course we can close it."
An ethereally-light, confident voice comes behind them, as a girl approaches them.

She is small and delicate-looking. Alanis reckons she's about as old as Sora. Her hair is light pink, with her eyes the same colour, and a small, tender smile is on her face. The girl is clad in long, flowing priestess robes, with an elegant staff in her hands with floral patterns crawling up the length. Her magesight can sense that she, too, is a Hero, but.....something else, too.

The guard points towards the entrance they came through. Fukuhara nods.
"Try to refrain from a lethal takedown, if possible. We would not like an incident on our hands. Only try to immobilise him for law enforcement and retrieve the Terminal."
« Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 12:42:17 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15253 on: January 30, 2016, 12:43:03 pm »

"Have we met, by any chance?

Other than that, instructions."

Look harder.
Sigtext

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #15254 on: January 30, 2016, 12:43:37 pm »

Sandra blushes and assumes a clumsy combat stance.
thincake
Pages: 1 ... 1015 1016 [1017] 1018 1019 ... 1862