Advanced search  

Poll

Herp?

Derp!
Derp!
Derp!
Derp!

Pages: 1 ... 851 852 [853] 854 855 ... 1328

Author Topic: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [OOC] Compleation is a drop away...  (Read 917272 times)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [OOC] Compleation is a drop away...
« Reply #12780 on: March 22, 2016, 10:09:23 pm »

Long time no see, Vgray. Sheet actually shrunk but character creation is harder since you basically have to look through every other sheet for precedents lest you end up underpowered.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12781 on: March 22, 2016, 10:10:30 pm »

yeah but you can't be underpowered in the game of shipping, except by being bisnif and/or married (big daddy)
Black lives matter.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12782 on: March 22, 2016, 10:31:03 pm »

I don't have time right now, but more consideration is required as to the incarnation of a certain Gnome.

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #12783 on: March 23, 2016, 01:30:42 am »

If Emp could look at Sandra and recommend how to spend levels I'd be pleased.
thincake

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12784 on: March 23, 2016, 01:38:12 am »

perhaps the influx of tasks given onto him will make him think twice about being helpful
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12785 on: March 23, 2016, 01:39:14 am »

it's almost as if one person asking someone to do something isn't an invitation for everyone else to forcibly shit tasks onto that person at once
but that would be stupid
Black lives matter.

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #12786 on: March 23, 2016, 01:40:03 am »

What?
He seemed pretty fine with doing it for people.
thincake

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12787 on: March 23, 2016, 01:44:30 am »

yes but having a bunch of people parroting "look at my sheet" while other people are parroting "do rolls for me" isn't gonna improve things
Black lives matter.

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #12788 on: March 23, 2016, 01:47:32 am »

Point taken.
thincake

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12789 on: March 23, 2016, 01:53:53 am »

the very second someone is shown to be skilled at something they are constantly badgered to do that thing for the masses until they are bled dry

sounds about right
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12790 on: March 23, 2016, 02:09:47 am »

and yet ive never been bled dry for taking things a few steps too far
Black lives matter.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12791 on: March 23, 2016, 06:57:13 am »

I wouldn't mind if you took a look at Alanis's sheet either.
Alanis to put it simply, is a Durable Support Caster trapped in the body of a Glass Cannon. Three out of her four perks focus on survivability, in some sort of great convoluted scheme to avoid putting a single point in CON for no explicable reason. No IC justification? Rubbish! Look at the RWBY characters! Want to know why they're so durable? Because they have an invisible, regenerating field of energy around them. An Aura. A shell of kinetic force. Sound familiar?

You have plenty of reason to start dumping into CON, in fact, were the GMs to be so needlessly gracious as to allow you to restat, I would recommend that you move all her DEX points into CON instead, and just rework or remove the two perks that use DEX. Even if both Perks kick in, her HP is far too low to shrug off any good amount of Burst Damage, let alone Pure Damage. Untapped Potential works best if Alanis is still standing evidently, and Kinetic Shell is a very useful spell, one that is utterly wasted on someone too preoccupied with staying alive to cast it on others. But what about damaging opponents? Elf approved Reactive Armor. Kinetic Shell on allies boosts their HP and RES, and gives a free counterattack with high SYN backing it up should she have Reactive Armor; an absolute godsend for any Glass Cannon or Proper Tank. And when I say Proper Tank, I mean someone like Yuki who takes hits for allies, not just durable characters.

You won't even need Ability Points for it, just swap out Flash Freeze. Not only is it completely overshadowed by what Electric Shock/Magnetic Field does (assuming in this case Freeze is just turn loss like Stun, if it's initiative flooring like Anna's Action, then just give that effect to Electric Shock/Magnetic Field), it's also an utter waste for Alanis to wield. Stun is for the people who don't have colossal SYN, because anyone, regardless of their stat distribution is able to inflict Stun with a base rate of 100%.

Then, next chance you get, see if you can get something in the vein of Assault Armor (basically let someone with a Kinetic Shell sacrifice it to power up their own attack) approved, make Kinetic Shell even more versatile. Just be sure that Reactive Armor's description specifies that it only actives with a foe's attack, lest a Glass Cannon find out that it smashes them when they try to sacrifice it :P

I mean, seriously, if the GMs did let you restat and swap out Flash Freeze, by the time she gets Assault Armor, if not before, she'd easily rival Motya as the best support character. Temp HP + RES Buff that unleashes a potent counterattack on breaking, or which can be sacrificed for a damage boost; healing with ailment removal; an action that can sling magical attacks with nasty effects right back at the caster; a Perk that makes it less likely for enemies to target them outright, making it less likely for them to get hit with a Stun or Action Lock; and all this, while slowly raising a stat that most of this is all dependent on? Yeah, she has far more potential down that path than her current one.

Also, Untapped Potential ought to scale. Probably pretty low scaling like, +Level/5 or +(1 + Level/10) or something like that, since it's pretty powerful, but still scaling.

How the hell were you allowed to bundle actions like that anyway? Some of them, like Railgun and Electric Shock/Magnetic Field aren't even mechanically related!

If Emp could look at Sandra and recommend how to spend levels I'd be pleased.
I'll do it tomorrow. Need to sleep (relatively) soon.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 07:01:13 am by Empiricist »

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #12792 on: March 23, 2016, 07:50:19 am »

ITE could prooobably use a look. I say, knowing you'll eviscerate it.

She hasn't used at least one of her perks even once. :V

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12793 on: March 23, 2016, 07:55:43 am »

Sure, I'll handle it tomorrow as well.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #12794 on: March 23, 2016, 08:45:08 am »

Could you look at some dank memes as well?
Pages: 1 ... 851 852 [853] 854 855 ... 1328