Advanced search  

Poll

Herp?

Derp!
Derp!
Derp!
Derp!

Pages: 1 ... 1289 1290 [1291] 1292 1293 ... 1328

Author Topic: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [OOC] Compleation is a drop away...  (Read 920660 times)

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile

What on earth are you talking about, Sl4cker?
we've already talked about this, tbf

the locals call it 'shitposting' :P
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile

Oh, k.
shitposts, why did it have to be shitposts...
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile

[No comment available]
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile

So, any other questions regarding the game or do I get back to planning?
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile

When is it?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile

I'm thinking that if I run a game like that, I'll probably put up the OOC thread sometime next month and then pick characters at the start of the next one. Depends on life stuff.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile

Oh, cool.
Sigtext

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile

*passes Adragis transgender magical girl*
that would be a girl
Black lives matter.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile

i feel a shitstorm incoming
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

its not really a shitstorm incoming im just saying that would still be a girl
Black lives matter.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile

My god...

That Lightning spear mod...

It would honestly be the most powerful skill in the game thus far, from a meta-standpoint.

It Removes the Target's Immunities, so now all that other stuff that would normally screw them over, but can't because they are immune?

Gone.

I Wholeheartedly approve of that as a limited use per plot Limit Break, but I will say it should probably be limited to 1.
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile

its not really a shitstorm incoming im just saying that would still be a girl
You have a point.
Sigtext

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

yes
Black lives matter.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon

I might NPC-ify Volx for her, tbh. Sorry Volx. (unless, as mentioned, someone wants to play him)

updated again
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I built her intentionally gimped, which is an issue, but I'm guessing a hybrid tank/[de]buffer/healer, so kinda like a Paladin from various things.

Also, rather than actual tanking it'd be something dodgy, or most likely health regen. Warm and Fuzzy feeling in conjunction with the Loving Scarf is pretty hilarious.
Okay, my original idea would have been to give her an evolving Perk wherein she has a percentage chance to automatically cancel her Action and perform an improved Basic Defense if she is targeted. It would start off at 100% rate with the Basic Defense at 100% power. Then for each subsequent level, the trigger rate would decrease, and the power would increase, representing her getting more courageous, until the rate hits 0% and it evolves into a new Perk entirely along with some of her other Actions. However, that's rather simplistic, mechanical and subscribes to the notion that flaws and weaknesses are just a checklist of quirks to grow out of as part of character development rather than something integral to the character themselves.

So, seeing as quite a few parts of Sandra's sheets need to be replaced outright anyway (Fleshlance has no effect anymore now that grids won't be used, for instance), I may as well present the following idea.

Really, most of the time, character development isn't about overcoming one's flaws, I mean, it might be about overcoming symptoms of those flaws, but not the flaws themselves. The flaws make the character and so it often makes no sense for a character to overcome themselves. A coward becomes a hero not by discarding their fear, but rather by acting in spite of it.

So, how about giving her a Unique Resource? And no, not something like Energy Points, something far more potent, but also something harmful.

Fear.

So she'll passively gain Fear Stacks based on certain conditions. For each Fear Stack, the negative effects she receives will be worse; I was thinking, it would amongst other effects, give a chance to just cancel her action due to being paralyzed with fear, and reduce damage output due to her shaking too much to act effectively. However, to keep those stacks under control, she will have Actions that can convert some of them into beneficial stacks such as Bravery, Sacrifice and Adrenaline, representing her controlling her fear and using it as a driving force. As she levels up and those actions become more powerful, it will naturally reflect her, while being no less afraid than before, being able to control it rather than letting it control her.

Another Action to have under this Build would be something like Critical Movement, Do or Die, or something similarly themed. A Free Action with Cooldown, that allows her to negate all Fear effects for one turn. That ensures that you'll be able to have a way out of situations where her Fear has stacked too high, as well as being able to ensure that those Actions you need to go through, will go through.

Also seriously, what does that scarf do?
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want
Pages: 1 ... 1289 1290 [1291] 1292 1293 ... 1328