Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Nuclear Throne: Cooperative Quest  (Read 2688 times)

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
Nuclear Throne: Cooperative Quest
« on: October 28, 2015, 02:53:08 pm »

You don’t remember how long it’s been since the apocalypse.  But you do remember absorbing radiation and becoming a mutant, and you do remember killing to survive.  That’s the only life you know now, killing to survive.

You've heard whispers of a legend.  The legend of the Nuclear Throne.  The word among the bandits is that it can fix the world.  That’s why you’re gathered around this camp fire, the legend.  You and your fellow mutants don’t know what the legend means, but you’re going to find the throne anyway.  One thing that everyone agrees on; if you go through enough portals, you’ll find the throne eventually.
Spoiler: What is this (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Pickups and such (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Moving (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Shooting (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Enemies (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The IDPD (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Character Creation (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Misc. Sillyiness (click to show/hide)
So, anyone interested?  I'm looking for four players at the start.  All created characters are subject to GM approval for balance purposes; I also might retcon the rules later on if I find something is broken but I'll do it in a way that doesn't screw anyone (probably between levels).  If more than four people want to play I'll add a few in every so often, again between levels.

Current Players:
Detoxicated (Golem)
Kevak (Jaunt)
Kj1225 (Nades)
Sl4cker (Ball)

Current Waitlist:
Werty892 (Basilisk?)
Audioworm333 (Wings?)
RAM (Cactus?)
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 02:15:16 am by EnigmaticHat »
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
Re: Nuclear Throne: Cooperative Quest
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2015, 02:59:52 pm »

Name: Golem
Passive: Resistance to Falling
Active: Earthshaking Kick to the Ground

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2015, 03:20:03 pm »

Am interested~

Name: Jaunt.
Passive: Not Quite There. (It's generally hard to see creatures of shadow and even when you do see them. Can you be sure they're there?)
Active: Step. (Being not quite physical. Jaunt has the capacity to.. Well. Jaunt. Stepping outside of existence for but a moment before slipping back inside at a different relative point of reality.)
Description: A semi-ethereal black cat. Or at least you think it's a cat. Bit blurry and hard to make out. Eyes just slide past it. You aren't quite sure how it holds its weapons but it definitely has them.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 03:49:10 pm by Kevak »

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2015, 03:41:52 pm »

Name:  Nades.
Passive:  Intergrated Explosives storage: Explodes when damaged.  It's still a bit unstable.
Active:  Intergrated Explosives Launcher:  Throws explosives.
Description: A fairly normal looking guy with metal tubes throughout his body and under his greenstained shirt and pants. Hair is singed and various spots of ash all about him.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2015, 05:42:11 pm »

Alright, I'm going to give you my shitty attempt at pixel art in the style of Nuclear Throne (which is a video game that actually exists in case you haven't figured that out) and an attempt to convert your character into gameplay mechanics; if you disagree with anything we can work something out.

Name: Golem
Passive: Resistance to Falling
Active: Earthshaking Kick to the Ground

Golem
Fall Resistant: This grid is top down, so I'm not sure when you can actually fall?  Perhaps something like "takes reduced damage from anything that pushes or does contact damage"?  Or you could pick a different passive if that's not what you want.
Earthshaking Kick to the Ground: Can spend a point out of his move allotment to stomp the ground, sending everything adjacent flying d6 tiles.  Enemies that hit anything will take damage equal to the number of tiles traveled; anything that gets hit by anything thrown in this manner will ALSO take damage equal to the distance that thing traveled.  Allies can be thrown but will never directly take damage from this ability.

Am interested~

Name: Jaunt.
Passive: Not Quite There. (It's generally hard to see creatures of shadow and even when you do see them. Can you be sure they're there?)
Active: Step. (Being not quite physical. Jaunt has the capacity to.. Well. Jaunt. Stepping outside of existence for but a moment before slipping back inside at a different relative point of reality.)
Description: A semi-ethereal black cat. Or at least you think it's a cat. Bit blurry and hard to make out. Eyes just slide past it. You aren't quite sure how it holds its weapons but it definitely has them.
Thanks for being interested!

Jaunt
Semi-Ethereal: Ranged enemies will never intentionally shoot at Jaunt if there is another target they can shoot at instead.  Melee enemies have a 1/6 chance of ignoring him completely.
Step: Can spend 3 TUs to Step; Steps fail if they go partially over your TUs for the turn.  Every Step increases move allotment by one, and every attack against you this turn has a # of steps/6 chance of missing.  If even a single Step succeeds, Jaunt can ignore any obstacles when moving.
Name:  Nades.
Passive:  Intergrated Explosives storage: Explodes when damaged.  It's still a bit unstable.
Active:  Intergrated Explosives Launcher:  Throws explosives.
Description: A fairly normal looking guy with metal tubes throughout his body and under his greenstained shirt and pants. Hair is singed and various spots of ash all about him.
Forgot your singed hair :/  I'll update the picture if that bothers you.

Nades

A Nades Grenade hits in a diamond pattern five tiles tall and wide, and does 10 damage, or 5 to allies.
Integrated Explosives Storage:  Begins the game with 28 explosives ammo.  When hit, creates a Nades Grenade explosion centered on him.  Doesn't hurt Nades or his allies.
Integrated Explosives Launcher: Throws a Nades grenade; takes 4 TU, range 10, takes one explosive ammo. will scatter instead of needing to reload if it goes partially over the TUs for a turn.  It will explode at the start of Nade's next turn.  It can destroy terrain.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 02:57:14 pm by EnigmaticHat »
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2015, 05:44:40 pm »

Looks good.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2015, 06:05:50 pm »

I like.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2015, 06:07:34 pm »

Name: Ball
Passive: Bouncer: Shots bounce off walls.
Active: Spin-to-win: Ball turns around, very fast, in a circle. This allows it to attack every enemy around it quite efficiently.
Ball is a dark grey, floating, metallic sphere with hands. It also wears sunglasses.
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2015, 07:12:25 pm »

Name: Ball
Passive: Bouncer: Shots bounce off walls.
Active: Spin-to-win: Ball turns around, very fast, in a circle. This allows it to attack every enemy around it quite efficiently.
Ball is a dark grey, floating, metallic sphere with hands. It also wears sunglasses.
Partway into its creation, this mutant was killed by a power outage.  Hopefully that isn't foreshadowing.

Ball
Bouncer: If Ball can trace a shot to a wall and then to an enemy, and it looks like a sane bounce (no reversing direction or such), and its in range accounting for movement both pre and post bounce, he can hit the shot.  (I'm trying to keep this rules lite but that passive needs a damn protractor :P)
Spin-to-win: Ball can call out spin shots.  A spin shot fires three shots for the TU cost of one, but they will be randomly assigned to one of the 8 compass directions and hit a random visible enemy in that direction.  No visible enemy in that direction, no hit.  Thus, the more surrounded Ball is, the more enemies he's likely to hit.  If an enemy is in between two of the compass directions it counts as the one that is counter clockwise.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 02:57:38 pm by EnigmaticHat »

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2015, 07:21:11 pm »

Seems fine.
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2015, 07:37:34 pm »

((Pst~ It's Kevak, not Kevac~))

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2015, 08:08:32 pm »

Name:Basilisk
Passive:Paralyze, any enemy that Basilisk attacks loses it's next turn
Active:Snake King, can summon snakes to fight for him(Think Rebel but poison melee dudes)
Basilisk is a humanoid snake, with everything below the neck being basically human, except covered in scales and snake skin. His head is a cobra head with yellow ridges forming a sort of crown on the top.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2015, 08:15:39 pm »

Name:Basilisk
Passive:Paralyze, any enemy that Basilisk attacks loses it's next turn
Active:Snake King, can summon snakes to fight for him(Think Rebel but poison melee dudes)
Basilisk is a humanoid snake, with everything below the neck being basically human, except covered in scales and snake skin. His head is a cobra head with yellow ridges forming a sort of crown on the top.
Waitlisted, sorry ;(

For everyone else, if Detoxicated is ok with Golem (particularly the passive), we can start.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2015, 09:56:32 pm »

Question, can I use my special ability more than once a turn?
carrot cakeu

Audioworm333

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: weirdness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2015, 10:03:59 pm »

May I be put on the waitlist?

Name: Wings
Passive: Is better at avoiding attacks than others.
Active: Can fuckin' FLY, baby! (More freedom of movement and/or further movement???)
Description: A mostly-normal, average-looking girl. Short brown hair, blue eyes, freckles.  Oh, except she happens to have mutated huge feathery wings, and the necessary attributes to use them to fly.
I didn't really understand why I died until I discovered I was teleporting my own spine into my enemies' body as a primary way of attack.
Pages: [1] 2 3