- 0 (0%)
[Denial]
- 0 (0%)
[Random Excuse Option]
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: July 01, 2016, 11:25:29 pm

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 27

Author Topic: Fire Emblem On Forum: Arrested Respite OOC -- Thread Diagnosed Narcoleptic  (Read 38022 times)

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem On Forum: Arrested Respite OOC Thread -- IC Opened!
« Reply #210 on: November 22, 2015, 12:59:35 am »

Eh, yeah, fair, sorry. For whatever reason, this is just a thing that bugs me, but it wasn't really worth mentioning so yeah, sorry.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: November 22, 2015, 08:31:34 am »

No worries. I can write it normally (x,y) from now on if it bothers you that much.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2015, 08:36:46 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: November 22, 2015, 11:17:18 am »

Meh, it's fine. Do what you want

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: November 23, 2015, 04:46:07 am »

Like what I'm seeing in the IC. Only one left to post an action is Powderminer.

Some notes that I probably should have posted way earlier:

Niamh, Van, Aras, Clarisse - You backstories didn't really have much added to it. Niamh's tutor came with her to join the mercenary group, Niamh and Van took Aras with them in their initial embark from Calsif. The three of you picked up Clarisse later on your entrance into Uxanin as extra muscle.

Ueli, Anata - Anata was taken from military and sent to be a guard at the Uxanin embassy. It was rather sudden and you probably wouldn't be wrong to have suspicions that Anata's parents might be involved. Probably didn't help that Ueli was hired on by her family to help her get there as well, although the term mercenary was never used in the exchange.

'Course, you can call both of the above bullshit and make something up instead, this is just the initial given assumptions that drew you together in this moment. The below though is immutable.

General - Most people have two names: true and chosen. True names are those given by parents (or anyone really, just the first name given) while a chosen name is traditionally the second name parents give their child (nothing really prevents you from changing it though). True names are kept hidden due to Tasik users, which is why masks are similarly popular due to the requirements of a "true face and true name" for them to be able to pull others under the full influence of the power.

I've made the assumption that all names given (unless otherwise stated) is the chosen name.

That's all for your friendly PSA. Keep on keepin' on, I like what I'm seeing and I'm interested in how you tackle this map. I'll be watching.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: November 28, 2015, 02:59:57 pm »

Ueli to C-23
Clarissa to D-23
Van to C-24
Anata to D-24
Niamh hold
Aras to D-25

Possible plan for now, should maybe draw some aggro and actually start some fighting. Will make an IC post after people comment and potentially revise stuff.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: December 02, 2015, 05:24:14 pm »

Quick question: What is Tasik? Did I miss something?
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: December 02, 2015, 05:27:41 pm »

Tasik is tactician's skill.

Tasik
Passive Effect
In a range of (SKL/2 Round Down), this unit is able to know the statistics of a unit (class, stats, skills, proficiencies, level, etc) within range of this ability. Should this character know the face and name of another character, they can speak non-verbally to them so long as they are in range. This range is not hindered by any obstacle.

So basically, Van can talk non-verbally to Niamh, but she can't respond non-verbally. Which got frustrating, so they came up with a series of hand signs/sign language to let her communicate back to him. Some of them she shares with other people traveling with her (standard military type hand signs that would be useful in battle when yelling plans would be bad idea) but others she just keeps between the two of them.

Tasik is also why people use chosen names instead of true names and also wear masks in battle and such.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: December 02, 2015, 05:30:08 pm »

Tasik was an admittedly not-well-presented part of the setting that you'd find in the new Tactician class. I made a few notes about it here and there before, I'm pretty sure. One of the issues of flying mostly off the cuff: things can become strikingly relevant without you knowing until its too late to really prepare people.

To put it brief: Ability to understand with disturbing accuracy people's abilities, traits, and skills IC within a certain distance (skl/2). If you know someone's True Name (name they were given at birth) and True Face (their face, basically, although its possible you can change this with permanent major scarring) you can mentally converse with them in a way similar to telepathy. It was meant more to be an NPC thing (since normally NPCs have to guess at your abilities but if there is a Tasik on the field they'd know exactly what is going on) but it can be used to help PCs as well.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: December 21, 2015, 09:11:01 pm »

Dang they killed a villager. I'll plan things soon, and we'll be moving forward I think.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: December 21, 2015, 09:12:52 pm »

Rip whats-his-name
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: December 27, 2015, 02:19:22 pm »

Ok, vague plan:

Anata to E-23, twang lancer
Aras to F-23, blast lancer
Clarisse to G-23, smash lancer
Ueli to F-22, hold
Van to D-24, hold
Niamh to D-25, hold

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: December 28, 2015, 08:35:50 pm »

I hope every has had a wonderful Christmas/Hanukkah/Kwanzaa/Whatever holiday you do or do not celebrate!

Its been a week now so hopefully everyone is well rested and ready to post some actions. I got roughly two weeks more or less free to devote to this before college probably crushes me again, so I'd like to try and knock out as many turns as we can.

If you guys want, you could actually potentially finish this map in two to three turns.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2015, 08:38:45 pm by Xanmyral »

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem On Forum: Arrested Respite OOC Thread -- Now Open!
« Reply #222 on: January 03, 2016, 07:04:54 pm »

Trying Javier again!

So basically he would be traveling to find allies abroad to support Free Tavo.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: January 03, 2016, 07:14:24 pm »

hello i am a scrub but also a hero but i would like to join but have no idea how to properly make a charcter for this type of game but I'm totes intrigued!
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: January 03, 2016, 07:17:02 pm »

First step: download the handbook linked in the OP.
Give the mechanics a read through, so you understand how to play.
Pick a first class  - that is, something like a mage or knight, and use the page on that class to fill out the character sheet also in the OP.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 27