Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: Reign of Rot-Day 1 (Game Thread)  (Read 10730 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Reign of Rot-Day 1 (Game Thread)
« Reply #90 on: October 29, 2015, 12:14:47 pm »

((Can I Apply Knoweldge here to help in bolt removal and not suffer further damage to the wound, since it's technically not physical activity? ;D))

((Yeah, it only triggers on strenuous physical activity. Mental activity is fine!))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 29, 2015, 12:31:22 pm »

((No pressing!))

Doc, who is lying down gazing up at the passing clouds, edges himself up onto his elbows.

Oh, I was merely sauntering through the forest, enjoying the post-apocalyptic scenery on the way to recovering Ebony. Next thing I know, the flora achieves sentience and appropriates my revolver and fires a crossbow bolt into my belly. A bolt from the blue, I tell you...

Doc then laughs heartily to himself, slapping his knee A bolt from the blue! Hahahaha... he stops laughing and pauses for a moment, clearing his throat. Seriously though, this is rather painful. And, ah... no offence, Johnson, but I would feel more comfortable with Jason working on this. I am more familiar with his anatomical knowledge, so it would be easier to walk him through this.

Not looking anyone in the eye, Doc continues: I also have some... troubling news, though I would prefer to deliver it sans bolt, if you do not mind.

((Can I Apply Knoweldge here to help in bolt removal and not suffer further damage to the wound, since it's technically not physical activity? ;D))

((You can't tell me what to press!))

"OFFENSE TAKEN!" Holiday promptly ignores Doc's sound medical advice, ripping the bolt as painfully and destructively from his torso as possible. Twisting it once or twice, to "Loosen it up".

"...You lost a gunfight to a tree with a crossbow? And you lost your revolver? I can see why you would think he is more familiar with your insides, if this kinda think is typical for you."

Hmm. He doesn't trust the new guy? I get it. But we are really going to be in a tough spot if our Doctor is the one who always needs treatment...
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 29, 2015, 07:09:04 pm »

Harriett, who had been seeing if she could see any Rotters from the roof, goes down after 273, carefully.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 29, 2015, 09:05:32 pm »

"...You lost a gunfight to a tree with a crossbow? And you lost your revolver? I can see why you would think he is more familiar with your insides, if this kinda think is typical for you."

Doc shakes his head No, no, no, the shrub relieved me of my weapon before I was aware what was happening. Then two more came post-bolt and took it away.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 29, 2015, 09:19:59 pm »

Doc shakes his head No, no, no, the shrub relieved me of my weapon before I was aware what was happening. Then two more came post-bolt and took it away.

"So you where running around, gun at the ready, when a tree disarmed you. Then its leafy buddies came up and took your weapon. Then the first tree shot you in cold...sap? Musta been angry we tooks all his friend's berries."

Holiday then looks up, at the trees, pointing to a random one.

"It was that one, wasn't it? I knew I shouldn't have trusted that tree. Its not a happy-little tree like the ones they painted before the apocalypse. Its a big, angry tree that is trying to reclaim our world. I'm sure we will find ourselves standing at the statue of liberty that those maniac trees blew up in no time.

Now do you want to tell me about what really happened? Because I think knowing if a tree is about to turn me into a pincushion is something I need to know now rather than later. Shooting someone and leaving them as bait is a common trap. Did it before the apocalypse, too. If you shoot someone's buddy in the foot, they run out of cover to save 'em. Then they would shoot the guy when he pokes his head out. And I don't wanna get shot today. It can really ruin the entire week, you know."

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 29, 2015, 09:51:28 pm »

Doc sighs, avoiding everyone's gaze, looking at nothing in particular.

It appears there are a group of children foraging in ghillie suits. One of them got the drop on me, and they have Ebony.

They say they will not hurt her, so long as they are left in peace. They scavenge in the area in and around the town 273 and Harriett are scouting, and that we are not to disturb them if we notice them, with further threats of abduction if we do not heed that warning.

Finally, they demanded tribute for passing through their territory as well as the return of Ebony. They were unclear on what they would do with her if we fail to deliver, but... I get the sense they do not want to hurt anyone. They want five days worth of food taken to the Big Big Burger parking lot, which I assume to be in the town, by sunset tomorrow. Ebony will be returned the following day at sunset if we deliver, at the same location. Vague threats about not tricking them, also mentioning having eyes and bodies everywhere and retaining supreme knowledge of the woods.

I know there must be at least four of them. The three I saw, and I cannot imagine they would leave Ebony on her own while they were dealing with me. At least two of them are related; the girl that shot me and her brother, who appeared to be in charge. They are trained to use their weapons, though I am uncertain if that training extends to anything else. The girl panicked and loosed the bolt, I do not think she meant it. Not that that makes it hurt any less...
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 29, 2015, 10:31:00 pm »

"Bandits. I hate bandits...its unforgivable, even if they are children."

Holiday stands up, preparing his shotgun. He scans the area to see if they really do have eyes on them right now. It would work out for him best of they did, if not its planning time. Justice will be served. After being sure nothing is there, he begins to speak.

Holiday, notably, attempts to hold back on making fun of Doc's patheticness in loosing to a single child  :P.

"No way we can just give them food like that. Just encourages them. I'm not about to let a group of kidnapping kids victimize other innocent groups. They probably wouldn't go through with it anyway, they would have no reason to hand her back when we have no leverage. They could force us to keep getting them supplies forever. We don't have enough supplies to give anyway. First things first, getting Ebony back. We can't make any move against them if she is at their mercy. Really, it would have been best if you where able to capture one of them. That way, we could do a prisoner exchange. If they really do have patrols out like they say they do, it's still our best option. Even if they manged to ambush us-now that we have our guard up. We can take a whole patrol if we need to. Otherwise, we would have to find their base and send someone in to free her stealthily. A bit more dangerous...if they see us poking around their hideout, they'll know something is up and off her."

Holiday looks down at his weapon, then back to Doc.

"Oh, didn't mean to hint like I was gonna kill them. Shooting children is a waste of good morals and good ammo. This is a sturdy gun meant for close combat in every way. It makes a good beating-stick in itself, I might break a leg or two but will try my beast to leave 'em breathing. Someone had to be training them, though. Probably their leader, criminals who employ children are the lowest of scum. I won't mind popping his head...."

Holiday then points to his pack, motioning for Jason.

"That hunk of metal is a different matter though. No 'less lethal' setting on it. If you want to borrow my Heavy Flashlight, go ahead. It'll work well enough, you're good with close combat anyway. Better then a rock or stick at least."

Holiday, satisfied that he is not being watched, holsters his weapon.

"So here is what I think we should do. We find a nice place to keep Doc for a few hours where he can rest his head without being kidnapped or shot again. Once you get that out of him, of course. Then we carefully go through the woods, makin' it look like we're searching for food for the deal. The whole time where lookin' for these brats. Once we see em, we get close and take them prisoner. I arrested kids before, I can probably do it without hurtin' em. Then we disarm the captives and keep em tied up with whatever we can find. We bring 'em over to where we're keepin' Doc, get any wounds anyone's got looked at by an expert, an interrogate them. Once we know where they're keepin' Evony, we march them over and force a prisoner exchange. We can get information on how to best take 'em down during interrogation and plan for phase 2 then. Sound good to everyone?"

Assuming I don't update, and they really aren't being watched right now, Holiday begins casually wandering the woods pretending to look for food. In reality, he will be looking for a patrol.

(Interesting contrast between Doc and Holiday, while Doc tries to remove all contractions, I purposefully fill Holiday's speech with them. Only fitting they argue so much  :P.)

Glacies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 30, 2015, 01:43:47 am »

-snip-
Holiday then points to his pack, motioning for Jason.

"That hunk of metal is a different matter though. No 'less lethal' setting on it. If you want to borrow my Heavy Flashlight, go ahead. It'll work well enough, you're good with close combat anyway. Better then a rock or stick at least."

Jason's reply is perfectly matter of fact. Gesturing at the machete on his hip, he tells Holiday "Yeah. I can live with a maimed kid on my conscience. It'll do. Not as good with anything else. Plan accordingly, all right?"

"Anyways, your plan is fine. You give the order."

There's a moment's consideration on his part, like he wants to say something else. Briefly, an expression of doubt crosses his face, but he shakes his head and goes expressionless again. He takes a look at Doc, looks slightly concerned, and sits down next to him and sets his pack down on the ground. "You think we should take care of that?"

Jason generally follows orders. Also, help remove the bolt if he can be useful in this procedure.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 30, 2015, 10:12:59 am »

Jason's reply is perfectly matter of fact. Gesturing at the machete on his hip, he tells Holiday "Yeah. I can live with a maimed kid on my conscience.

"Anyways, your plan is fine. You give the order."

There's a moment's consideration on his part, like he wants to say something else. Briefly, an expression of doubt crosses his face, but he shakes his head and goes expressionless again. He takes a look at Doc, looks slightly concerned, and sits down next to him and sets his pack down on the ground. "You think we should take care of that?"

Jason generally follows orders. Also, help remove the bolt if he can be useful in this procedure.

Doc leans over to grab Jason's wrist tightly Jason, they are just kids trying to survive in this hot mess we call a world. I appreciate you may not have the same degree of compassion as I, nor did you have to take the Hippocratic oath as a nurse, but I do not believe you have the capacity to deliberately cripple a child, even in self-defence, and maintain a clean conscience. Please consider using something a bit less lethal than that. points at the machete.

Doc releases Jason's wrist, and leans back down, examining the bolt and his wound At this point, it will likely make no great difference beyond making me more comfortable whether the bolt stays in or is removed, though the wound may bleed more if we take it out. I cannot extract the bolt myself, however, so I would appreciate your aid.

Apply Knowledge, weighing the pros and cons of removing the bolt versus leaving it where it is.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 30, 2015, 10:52:00 am »

Apply Knowledge, weighing the pros and cons of removing the bolt versus leaving it where it is.

No roll needed for general knowledge...

Pros. Removing the bolt and closing the wound, will keep him from getting an infection, followed by septic shock and a long, lingering death. Which might still happen, depending on how dirty the bolt is. It will also keep the sharp head of the bolt from redecorating his insides-it can still do a lot of damage if he moves suddenly. Doc tries not to think about sneezing at that moment...and is very glad the kids chose not to bump him through the forest in a pair of handcuffs. The effort would very likely have killed him.

Cons. The bolt is effectively rendering his wound nonfatal while it's left in there-it's not bleeding nearly as bad as it could be. Removing it without causing extensive internal damage will be a tricky operation, and it will probably bleed quite badly...it's also going to hurt like Hell, during, and after. Probably worse than right now. Doc thinks back to the small bits of medicine in his bag-mostly some assorted analgesics and antibiotics, and a good number of childrens chewable vitamins that taste like watermelon and grape. He could easily use them all for this.

In his medical experience, it's going to have come out eventually. Just not right this minute, maybe.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 30, 2015, 11:20:27 am »

No roll needed for general knowledge...

((cool beans! :))))

Pros. Removing the bolt and closing the wound, will keep him from getting an infection, followed by septic shock and a long, lingering death. Which might still happen, depending on how dirty the bolt is. It will also keep the sharp head of the bolt from redecorating his insides-it can still do a lot of damage if he moves suddenly. Doc tries not to think about sneezing at that moment...and is very glad the kids chose not to bump him through the forest in a pair of handcuffs. The effort would very likely have killed him.

Cons. The bolt is effectively rendering his wound nonfatal while it's left in there-it's not bleeding nearly as bad as it could be. Removing it without causing extensive internal damage will be a tricky operation, and it will probably bleed quite badly...it's also going to hurt like Hell, during, and after. Probably worse than right now. Doc thinks back to the small bits of medicine in his bag-mostly some assorted analgesics and antibiotics, and a good number of childrens chewable vitamins that taste like watermelon and grape. He could easily use them all for this.

In his medical experience, it's going to have come out eventually. Just not right this minute, maybe.

Doc nods to himself If we intend to stay where we are for a while, at least a day, we can take it out now. Otherwise, I think it would be better to wait until we have a more permanent shelter in mind. I will likely not be able to do anything of great consequence for  a time while the wound heals...

((If I can do this without risking excessive damage, like another status effect or more than 2 fleshwounds: )) Doc holds the bolt where it enters his belly still while he snaps off the end/gets one of the others to do that, so that it's less likely to catch on something.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 01, 2015, 01:09:22 pm »

Ebony doesn't really have any options, so she doesn't do anything.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 01, 2015, 08:57:02 pm »

Gianna is just awkwardly standing off to the side, as she doesn't know what to do.
"So, is there anything I can do to help?"
Ain't nobody got time for that.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 01, 2015, 09:21:15 pm »

Gianna is just awkwardly standing off to the side, as she doesn't know what to do.
"So, is there anything I can do to help?"

"I think you should come with the capture team. Hockey sticks aren't exactly murder weapons anyway. If you don't feel OK with hitting someone younger than you are, you can make sure Doc doesn't get kidnapped. Just having the numbers on team A would help the arrest go off without a hitch, if you can stand in one place and block them from runnin' in your direction. Doc can play dead if he needs to, and should be fine once we get 'em in a hiding spot. Up to you in the end."

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 01, 2015, 09:39:25 pm »

Gianna nods, and grips her hockey stick more tightly.
"Yeah, I think I'll go with the capture team. As long as we're not going to kill them, or something, I'm cool with it. Mostly."
Ain't nobody got time for that.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8