Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: The Forgettable Dungeon - Online co-op Action Roguelike - Kickstarter 48 hours!  (Read 4032 times)

Rotondo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Grats on getting funded!
I'll be keeping my eye on this, it looks cool and I'm a sucker for anything coop.

Thanks! Yeah I'm a huge fan of co-op, so much so that if possible anything I develop in the future will have co-op.

Congratulations on getting over the first hurdle. I'm actually surprised there's not more noise about this (and money being thrown at it). There's not enough fun little co-op games about these days.

Hopefully there'll be a push over the next two weeks for some of those stretch goals. Considering there's a free demo, a working (updated) prototype that's been youTube'd etc, this seems like a sure thing.

Admittedly, the price is a little high. But between quick development expected, no vapour-ware, and a cool little concept, I'm surprised it's not doing better. Especially considering the trash that people back that never ends up being made properly, this one is a definite goer.

Adding content and maybe a few UI tweaks and options takes time and money, but at least there's already a game there. One that looks like it'll be pretty fun to play as-is, so the KS will just make that even better.

Thanks, I'm very thankful we've been doing as well as we have.

Honestly we're just up against a lot of really big Kickstarter projects at the moment, not to mention we haven't gotten too much press.

I am extremely thankful that youtubers have taken a liking to the game, without them things would be so much harder.

They got an extra $2k over the weekend, so it looks like a Mac version will be in the works. But more importantly, Deathmatch! Yay!

Yeah, this is all thanks to this gif that went viral,

We pulled in 1700 from friday alone after this spread around reddit and other sites.

----

In other news I made an update on the Kickstarter showing some of the origins of the game,

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/rotondo/forgettabledungeon/posts/1398568

I also added a PayPal option to the kickstarter if anyone was waiting for that.

In more mysterious news we got a huge surge of views from Europe on Saturday, from people googling the game without any referral. The odd thing was that it wouldn't even give me a keyword they googled o.O

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile

Deathmatch is definitely go. 12.8k and rising.

And a Mac port too, but oh well. Good with the bad I suppose.

And if they can make a deathmatch mode, friendly fire is easy.

And thus the game will work and be awesome.
It's a game. Have fun.

Asgarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Donated 12$ via Paypal. Looking forward to see it on my Steam account ;)

Rotondo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Donated 12$ via Paypal. Looking forward to see it on my Steam account ;)

Thanks for backing!

----

We hit 12k the other day and reached the first stretch goal!

I posted an update about it on the kickstarter, https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/rotondo/forgettabledungeon/posts/1403697

I also made this silly gif for PC Master Race subreddit which hit the front page, http://i.imgur.com/q9Wx26I.gifv

That gave us a huge boost.

It's insane how fast the gifs from the game have been spreading, all together we're at about 1.5 million views on the main 3 gifs.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
Re: The Forgettable Dungeon - Online co-op Action Roguelike - previously The @T
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2015, 09:29:34 pm »

68 hours to go! They've got deathmatch, so maybe a mini-open-world hub would be worth it. Hopefully they get it (DM mode would be amazing though. Screw better shaders, I'd rather have slightly higher res voxels for my PC and a horribly evil Dungeon Master mode. It'll be like Dungeon Keeper, but against people you know and *don't really* love.)
It's a game. Have fun.

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Unfortunately no money to spend at the moment, but this game looks great!

Rotondo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Forgettable Dungeon - Online co-op Action Roguelike - previously The @T
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2015, 06:08:46 pm »

68 hours to go! They've got deathmatch, so maybe a mini-open-world hub would be worth it. Hopefully they get it (DM mode would be amazing though. Screw better shaders, I'd rather have slightly higher res voxels for my PC and a horribly evil Dungeon Master mode. It'll be like Dungeon Keeper, but against people you know and *don't really* love.)

Haha, I think we have a good shot at the mini open world hub stretch goal. I think it'd take a lot to get to the Dungeon Master mode though.

Unfortunately no money to spend at the moment, but this game looks great!

Thanks, I'm happy you like it.

----

So we just hit the final 48 hours, this is going to be the last big push.

Thank you everyone who checked out the thread, and helped spread the game around.
Pages: 1 [2]