Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 96

Author Topic: Might and Fealty (Beyond Battlemaster: Sandbox Strategy-RPG Medieval RP)  (Read 136776 times)

Xardalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Being bored and stuff.
    • View Profile
Re: Might and Fealty (Incredible new Sandbox strategy-RPG medieval RP game)
« Reply #720 on: February 04, 2016, 11:00:33 pm »

I ended up making my character and decided to roam around a bit.

I noticed the travel times to travel just a small fraction of the map was 15 days... is that real time? That seems almost absurd.

Roads decrease travel time. And some areas are quicker to move through than others. Mountains and forests are slow to travel through.

Mookzen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: February 06, 2016, 07:36:02 am »

Talk to nobles you meet along the way, engage with them, get involved in local disputes, takes sides, make yourself available, obviously if you just click a destination and wait it's going to be a long and boring journey.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #722 on: February 07, 2016, 01:52:44 pm »

Ladies and gentlemen, buckle your seatbelts and lower your visors, because it looks like a storm is coming. Tor Kortaur is asking for help against Ascalon on one side, Tor Fullakin is trying to assassinate the Emperor on another, and the Black Road is making inroads in the West.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 02:00:53 pm by Arx »

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: February 07, 2016, 01:59:16 pm »

Hmm... yea, Ascalon is having differences over territory with the Lowlands.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #724 on: February 07, 2016, 02:58:30 pm »

Yeah, I play Lu Bei, the guy who informed the Children of the attack. I would have helped, but I only have six soldiers, two of which are archers with shortbows, the other being light inf with an axe, cloth and a shield.
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

wereboar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: February 08, 2016, 02:42:37 am »

I wonder why a single Tor would attack Ascalon in the first place. Poor guys are totally getting steamrolled in retaliation.

Xardalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Being bored and stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: February 08, 2016, 04:13:52 am »

How effective do archers tend to be? I'm a little curious. Got a bandit wandering around with a 100ish soldiers but more than half of them are archers.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #727 on: February 08, 2016, 04:27:26 am »

If they're shortbow-armorless-equipmentless they're no threat, but if they are longbow-plate-shield/(war)horse then you're in trouble. Knowing bandit characters they're probably longbowmen or plate with shortbows.
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #728 on: February 08, 2016, 04:36:03 am »

Depends heavily on the opponent and the archers' equipment. Light infantry are mowed down by pretty much everything, whereas taking down heavy infantry is hard, and taking down heavy cavalry is very difficult without a fortified position.

I can personally attest that longbows are brutal. At some point, Asitet Anoth will go to war, and I'll see how good crossbows are.

Xardalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Being bored and stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: February 08, 2016, 04:40:11 am »

Damn. Well, that causes some serious issues for an independent lord.

Oh well, time to go hit up a tavern for a obscene amount of mercenaries to deal with the issue.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #730 on: February 08, 2016, 04:46:22 am »

Armoured archers have their own category, which will tell you if they're in chain or better, I think.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: February 08, 2016, 04:49:07 am »

Is there any B12 Lord I can give my soldiers to? (Or how do I return them to you, Insanegame27?)
Asking this because I don't think I can spare the time currently to effectively play my character. Learning lately thanks to the mailing system that your character cannot die partly nudges the efficacy in my playstyle too :-\ I mean I pretty much love the idea behind the game and that's what drew me in, but...you can't die, other than choose to be killed, and that nudges my playing viewpoint when considering the growth of a playerbase (and how dynamic stuff can be).

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #732 on: February 08, 2016, 04:59:59 am »

Visit me --> soldiers screen --> Select all - all units in group [selection] - [assign to] - [Lachlan Day]

I was probably not the best player to introduce you to the game. It is more than just soldiers. What character(s) were you anyway, out of curiosity? Just that one?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: February 08, 2016, 05:06:47 am »

I was probably not the best player to introduce you to the game. It is more than just soldiers. What character(s) were you anyway, out of curiosity? Just that one?
Amelia Tenrin + Cyra Hayes. :P
I've been flailing around traveling after noticing that I had little to no permissions with every village I met, until I noticed that I had to talk to local lords! xD

But yeah, one of the prime reasons I'm going into idlenessmode is my timezone. @_@

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #734 on: February 08, 2016, 05:39:45 am »

If you ever want some low-key play, you're welcome in the Black Road or Asitet Anoth.

Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 96