Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 96

Author Topic: Might and Fealty (Beyond Battlemaster: Sandbox Strategy-RPG Medieval RP)  (Read 136781 times)

Wooty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Might and Fealty (Incredible new Sandbox strategy-RPG medieval RP game)
« Reply #630 on: January 11, 2016, 05:04:33 pm »

I rolled a bandit with a heavily armed force of 100 soldiers, attacked some inactive town, and another noble foolishly rushed in with an inferior force and defended it. He killed half my men, so in revenge I kept engaging him and slaughtered all of his. In the time it took, a noble from a neighboring land came with a superior force, attacked me and demanded surrender - so I simply surrendered and asked him to let me go bother someone else, and he did, lol.

This time instead of going after a border town, I'm going deep into a kingdom. More people will see me but there might be fewer large forces around to rapidly respond .I have to say, playing a bandit is a good lesson on what my main characters should be doing to prepare for bandits.
Quote from: Toady One
It's important to wear lots of face paint while you program. And you can type with your long Gene Simmons tongue.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: January 12, 2016, 03:10:33 pm »

So... It's amazing where general competence will get you. I started a character and ended up lieutenant general of an army, got promoted to general of another army and got that organized, and now I find out I was promoted to general of the armies without campaigning for the open position.

Now I get to play Ultimate Cat Herding simulator for all the armies and not just one. -_-

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: January 12, 2016, 03:13:52 pm »

Activity also plays a big part.  Seems Ascalon and Arrekesh, where my characters are camping, have lost a number of top folks to slumberblight.  Though... I suppose I could actually look into making my Arrekesh one semi-useful by taking a piece of land or two...  (Swamp boss in Ascalon, just cause.)
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #633 on: January 13, 2016, 01:21:39 am »

Now I get to play Ultimate Cat Herding simulator for all the armies and not just one. -_-

I swear, this game has given me a new level of respect for people who work in middle management. And top level management, now. It's actually quite refreshing to play my low-level lord in a huge realm character, where I'm not expected to do anything other than keep my estates in shape and build a small army. And nobody knows who he is, so he just flies under the radar.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: January 13, 2016, 05:07:13 am »

I think one of my bigger frustrations is that there should be some way to have messages/documents/etc that are bound to the office, and when the office is transferred, the new person has access to that same information. As it is, the first thing I'm having to do is recreate the wheel as it were by asking everyone to list their available troops, which everyone had to do a month ago for the last general of the armies.

Maybe something can be done with publications, at least to share that information to more people in the realm who can then pass it back to the incoming person as needed. I'll need to look into that.

Antsan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: January 13, 2016, 04:40:55 pm »

I just started and am in the process of making my first character, Inver Jalovjek.

I'm not big on RP, but I thought I'd give this a try. Maybe I can get into it and the concept itself seems interesting enough.

How should I choose my starting location?
Taste my Paci-Fist

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #636 on: January 13, 2016, 05:51:54 pm »

I just started and am in the process of making my first character, Inver Jalovjek.

I'm not big on RP, but I thought I'd give this a try. Maybe I can get into it and the concept itself seems interesting enough.

How should I choose my starting location?
If you choose Taitharoux I have a couple of lands I can give you to take care of. No military to speak of yet, but at least Black Road managed to move the bandit off Taith for me.

Oh, and Lu Bu is now one of three Claíomh Tiarna of Dubh Dún in Oirthear
Literally 'Sword Lord' even though I RP my guy as using a halberd as he did historically.

And I just found an estate with 7 people in it on the map. Nether Trades. RIP. Last I visited there it had 500ish
« Last Edit: January 13, 2016, 05:56:46 pm by Insanegame27 »
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Antsan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: January 13, 2016, 06:02:22 pm »

Choose Taitharoux how and where? I see no fealty offer by a Taitharoux.
Taste my Paci-Fist

Antsan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: January 13, 2016, 06:14:22 pm »

Ah, found it and started there.
Taste my Paci-Fist

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #639 on: January 13, 2016, 07:13:11 pm »

Fealty is under politics --> relations --> Oath of Fealty

And if anyone rolls a character with double recruitment traits could you let me know before you start anywhere?
« Last Edit: January 13, 2016, 07:20:36 pm by Insanegame27 »
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #640 on: January 13, 2016, 08:03:57 pm »

Did he finally make traits a actually do something?

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #641 on: January 13, 2016, 08:23:33 pm »

Wait, are traits only for flavor at the moment? I thought they did something?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #642 on: January 13, 2016, 08:36:29 pm »

as far as I know they have never been implemented with any actual effect yet

Antsan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: January 14, 2016, 03:30:31 pm »

Fealty is under politics --> relations --> Oath of Fealty

And if anyone rolls a character with double recruitment traits could you let me know before you start anywhere?
I was talking about the fealty offers shown in the character placement screen. I was struggling to find Taitharoux.
Taste my Paci-Fist

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: January 14, 2016, 03:47:54 pm »

as far as I know they have never been implemented with any actual effect yet

I think some do and some don't.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 96